ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

MaverickLSC wrote:

As I feared memo, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles may have been too cerebral for most fans to take. Having a reknowned Hugo award winner and Hard SF writer of the caliber such as that of Robert J. Sawyer, might of been one reason why some fans cannot comprehend the hidden underlaying and subset that's hidden within the context of the plot.

I guess to really appreciated Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles you need to atleast have a masters degree, ethier that or dumb it down for the average otaku to comprehend for the next sequel in Robotech: Shadow Rising.

'Space whales or sniper mechs, anyone?'

lol the story was as weak as they come... the character development was "forced" none of the characters had an interesting personality, all the female characters served no purpose other than being there for fan service.. The music was bland, no life to it at all, kinda like being at a funeral. The dialogue was some of the worst I've ever heard, and not cheesy in a good way like the original 85
The haydonites were lame, and their designs even lamer. I could go on and on but what's the point?

TSC didnt feel like Robotech to me at all, whatever feeling there was in the original 85 was lost in this film. And I've already decoded the hidden message and I'm pretty sure it says "This is the future of Robotech, so where is your god now?"

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 months ago #10269

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

MaverickLSC wrote:

I guess to really appreciated Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles you need to atleast have a masters degree, ethier that or dumb it down for the average otaku to comprehend for the next sequel in Robotech: Shadow Rising.

Umm, I'd like to consider myself a somewhat intelligent person, but I found The Shadow Chronicles to be vapid. Cerebral it ain't.

Yes, those are stupid too, but they don't excuse the stupidity in The Shadow Chronicles. The idea that the military would bring a completely untested super-WMD in theatre and justify its use is asinine to say the least, unless the Expeditionary Force's High Command is composed of slack-jawed morons. To build ships that were basically a gun-barrel (Shimikaze-class) when you are facing enemies that swarm, instead of CIWS-enabled platforms is stupidity at its finest. To have a Fleet Captain with the authority to destroy your primary logistical hub (Space Station Liberty) instead of space-folding it away from the battle area takes a mighty huge hunk of salt to swallow.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Brooklyn-Red-Leg.
14 years 2 months ago #10270

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

MaverickLSC wrote:

As I feared memo, Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles may have been too cerebral for most fans to take. Having a reknowned Hugo award winner and Hard SF writer of the caliber such as that of Robert J. Sawyer, might of been one reason why some fans cannot comprehend the hidden underlaying and subset that's hidden within the context of the plot.

Gotta love that flame bait! :laugh:

"Too cerebral," eh? My pleasure reading is, if I may toot my own horn here, pretty damn cerebral (mostly the classics: Homer, Murasaki, Dante, Shakespeare, Cervantes and the like, although my real love is the post-WWI European Modernists, especially Proust, Joyce and Mann), my favorite directors are Fellini, Bergman, and Tarkovsky. I've done intensive studies of Greek philosophy, drama, and mathematics.

Shadow Chronicles doesn't qualify as cerebral in my book. (Neither does Macross, of course.)

But maybe you'd like to help a fellow out and explain "the hidden underlaying and subset that's hidden within the context of the plot," because I don't know what this means (unless you meant "the hidden underlying meanings and subtext that are hidden within the plot"). ;)
14 years 2 months ago #10273

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

MAV,

WHAT YOU TALK'N A'BOUT WILLIS?" :huh:

I AM RIGHT THERE WITH THE REST.... DID YOU WRITE THIS ON A QUICKDRAW?

SAY WHAT
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #10285

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

MAV,

WHAT YOU TALK'N A'BOUT WILLIS?" :huh:

SAY WHAT

If you don't have a PhD in 21st Century Colonial Debate Methods and Techniques, you simply can't comprehend the spiderweb-like delicate-yet-intricate brilliance of Mav's post.
14 years 2 months ago #10286

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by zinjo on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

Damn you Gubaba and Brooklyn!!

Now I have to re-watch the damn thing to make an informed response to your posts...

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!! :angry:
14 years 2 months ago #10287

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

zinjo wrote:

Now I have to re-watch the damn thing to make an informed response to your posts...

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!! :angry:

:P at least you can watch it for free

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 months ago #10291

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

GUBBA

If you don't have a PhD in 21st Century Colonial Debate Methods and Techniques, you simply can't comprehend the spiderweb-like delicate-yet-intricate brilliance of Mav's post.

HEHEHE

I DID GET IT. AND IT DID WHAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO DO. THANKS FOR THE CLUE ANYWAYS.

HEHEHE... JUST CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD SINCE NOT HIS STYLE TO PULL A SETO. BUT IT'S FUNNY HOW IT'S MIRRORED. THE GOOD DEBATERS WILL UNDERSTAND IT.

I WILL PROBABLY JUMP IN ONCE IN A WHILE ON THIS ONE SINCE I DON'T LIKE M7.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #10296

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

ZINJO

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

HAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DUDE.. MORE POWER TO YOU MAN. NOT GOING THAT ROUTE FOR M7.

THIS THREAD IF I THINK WHAT IT WILL BE IS GOING TO BE GOOD.
14 years 2 months ago #10297

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:ANIMATION ON DISPLAY VIDEOS

MEMO1DOMINION wrote;

HEHEHE... JUST CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD SINCE NOT HIS STYLE TO PULL A SETO. BUT IT'S FUNNY HOW IT'S MIRRORED. THE GOOD DEBATERS WILL UNDERSTAND IT.

LOL! Yeah, it's a close approximation. I didnt' think you guys would caught that this early. As the old adage goes,
'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery' and believe me that was FUNNY!

Oh well, atleast I know it doesnt' take much to string along certain elements of the fandom.

Anyway back on topic.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote;

WHAT YOU TALK'N A'BOUT WILLIS?"

Basically what Robert J. Sawyer wrote for Harmony Gold was a series bible, it was intended that if Shadow Chronicles ended up being picked up by a major network then the complete plot details for the length of the entire series would be laid out. The script for Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles was based on the series bible that Robert wrote, titled 'Robotech: Rendezvous with Destiny'

I believe the title was inspired from Ronald Reagans speech found on Youtube here;

He's a good author, I've read both 'Hominids' and 'Calculating God' and they're a good read.

And considering Robotech is one of the few anime properties with an extensive line of literary works;

www.robotech.com/infopedia/bibliography/novels/

I think it's prudent that Robotech continues its association with Hard SF and its critical thinkers, Sadly, as a Macross fan there's barely nothing comparable in regards to novelisations. It's all nothing but comics and cartoons for Macross. Maybe, for Macross fans...

We should toss a couple of Jack McKinney novels their way and watch them be enlightened.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MaverickLSC.
14 years 2 months ago #10299

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds