rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

Officially registered and will be there + 1. This seems like the ultimate Robotech gathering of the year. Can't wait for this. From what it seems, from the dinner with Voice Actors, to the Michael Bradley concert, there seems to be a lot more in between that will be done before and during. I'm so there. Treiz, I don't know how many people from here are going, but if you're on facebook, you may be able to ask those on their page there.
13 years 9 months ago #12920

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Fuzzy on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

Less than a month! I'm actually gettin really exicted. All my logistical details have been taken care of (flight/hotel/time off from work/ect). And Treiz is gonna be roomin with me. I'll be flying out to LA (Burbank) friday afternoon and returning sunday afternoon, so i'll definately be ready to hang/party friday night
13 years 8 months ago #13245

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

This is going to be an awesome event, the 25th anniversary celebration that Robotech deserves. :cheer: I was invited but unfortunately am unable to make the trip. :( I would recommend that anyone able to attend this exciting celebration purchase their tickets before the Sept 1st deadline. While it is a private event, the event staff can add interested Robotech fans to the guest list so contact them via Facebook or the event site soon.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 8 months ago #13248

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

rtsurfer wrote:

This is going to be an awesome event, the 25th anniversary celebration that Robotech deserves. :cheer: I was invited but unfortunately am unable to make the trip. :( I would recommend that anyone able to attend this exciting celebration purchase their tickets before the Sept 1st deadline. While it is a private event, the event staff can add interested Robotech fans to the guest list so contact them via Facebook or the event site soon.

FIRST, WELCOME ABOARD RT SURFER. LONG TIME NO SEE.

I THINK THEY STOPPED BEING PRIVATE AROUND AX TIME. THEY BEEN PASSING OUT FLIERS TO THE GENERAL MASS SINCE THEN. THE SAD THING IS THE ORGANIZERS DID NOT INVITED THE CURRENT ROBOTECH STAFF AND HAVE NOT MADE NO EFFORT TO INVITE THEM OR BE PART OF IT. SO HOPE EVERYONE HAS FUN REGARDLESS.

GIVE THE LINK TO FACEBOOK AS WELL. SO FANS KNOW WHERE TO LOOK.

SIDE NOTE, I WON'T BE ATTENDING. I BEEN ASKED TO GO BY MANY FRIENDS AND UP TO GET THE PASS PAYED BUT ALREADY MAXED OUT ON OTHER CONS. IF IT'S A ROBOTECH CELEBRATION WITH EVERYONE BEING INVITED.. FOR ROBOTECH FANDOM SAKE. THEN MAYBE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 8 months ago #13249

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

FIRST, WELCOME ABOARD RT SURFER. LONG TIME NO SEE.

Thank you, MEMO. Yep, I was inactive for a while.

THE SAD THING IS THE ORGANIZERS DID NOT INVITED THE CURRENT ROBOTECH STAFF AND HAVE NOT MADE NO EFFORT TO INVITE THEM OR BE PART OF IT.

Unfortunately, the current Robotech staff has done a really good job of alienating the fan base at large, especially a number of the fans who kept Robotech alive during the pre-rt.com years. Its probably better for the celebration that they won't be there. If fans really want to meet or see TPTB they can catch one of the many cons on HG's 25th anniversary tour. I think this celebration is more about those who created Robotech rather than those in charge of the franchise now.

GIVE THE LINK TO FACEBOOK AS WELL. SO FANS KNOW WHERE TO LOOK.

RT25 - The Celebration [Facebook]

RT25 The Celebration [website]

I really wish I could attend the 25th Robotech celebration, heath and related issues prevent me from making the trip. This may be the last time so many of those involved in the creation of Robotech are together in one place, and I would have liked to meet a lot of the fans who will be attending.

13 years 8 months ago #13273

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

THANKS FOR THE LINKS RTSURFER. THERE YOU GO GUYS WITH FACEBOOK PROFILES. GO AND SUPPORT EVEN IF YOU NOT GOING TO BE THERE.

rtsurfer

Unfortunately, the current Robotech staff has done a really good job of alienating the fan base at large,

I ACTUALLY DISAGREE WITH THIS. CONSIDERING WHEN WE KNOW THE FANDOM AT LARGE DONT EVEN CARE ABOUT WHAT GOES INSIDE A COMPANY BETWEEN CO WORKERS AND BLEEDING INTO SMALL PART OF THE FANDOM. THEY OUT THERE IN FULL FORCE REGARDLESS. THE ORGANIZERS MIGHT HAVE AN ISSUE BUT IS IT FAIR TO THE REST OF THE PAYING FANS WHO DON'T CARE?

I SEE WHERE YOU COMING FROM TOO. AND THEM AND EVEN THE EMPLOYEE WHO WORKED FOR HG. I SUPPORT EVERY ROBOTECH FAN PROJECT BUT ON THIS ISSUE I DON'T AGREE.

TO ME IT SUCKS. NOT FOR MY SAKE. BUT EVERY ROBOTECH FAN OUT THERE. EVENTUALLY THE ROBOTECH CONS WILL GROW AND YOU CAN'T GO DOING IT PRIVATE FOR SO LONG. CONSIDERING THE LEGALITYS AND ALL. THE ORGANIZERS MIGHT GET STUCK WITH THE 25TH. BUT THEN WHAT FOR LATER? EVENTUALLY THE MOVIE WILL BE MADE AND THERE WILL BE MORE ROBOTECH. AND SOONER THAN LATER THE ISSUES WILL BE FACE ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THE FANDOM AS A WHOLE. AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO FACE HG AND THE POSSIBILITY OF MAKING EVERYTHING LEGAL, BIGGER, AND MORE AWSOME.
13 years 8 months ago #13274

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer

Unfortunately, the current Robotech staff has done a really good job of alienating the fan base at large,

I ACTUALLY DISAGREE WITH THIS. CONSIDERING WHEN WE KNOW THE FANDOM AT LARGE DONT EVEN CARE ABOUT WHAT GOES INSIDE A COMPANY BETWEEN CO WORKERS AND BLEEDING INTO SMALL PART OF THE FANDOM. THEY OUT THERE IN FULL FORCE REGARDLESS. THE ORGANIZERS MIGHT HAVE AN ISSUE BUT IS IT FAIR TO THE REST OF THE PAYING FANS WHO DON'T CARE?

We will have to agree to disagree on this, we are both biased, you are in tight with and work for the TPTB while I'm one who has fallen out of their favor.

You're correct, most fans and casual viewers could care less about the goings on in the company or at rt.com. Those same fans probably don't attend conventions (at least not specifically for Robotech), and the majority most likely have never met and never will meet the current staff. The ones that want to can at a number of conventions each year. As I stated earlier this celebration isn't for or about the current staff, its for those who worked on the original 1985 Robotech tv series and those fans that want to spend time with them.

If the current staff really wants to spend time with the guest and fans attending the 25th celebration why don't they hold their own breakfast on Saturday morning at a restaurant nearby.

I SEE WHERE YOU COMING FROM TOO. AND THEM AND EVEN THE EMPLOYEE WHO WORKED FOR HG. I SUPPORT EVERY ROBOTECH FAN PROJECT BUT ON THIS ISSUE I DON'T AGREE.

TO ME IT SUCKS. NOT FOR MY SAKE. BUT EVERY ROBOTECH FAN OUT THERE. EVENTUALLY THE ROBOTECH CONS WILL GROW AND YOU CAN'T GO DOING IT PRIVATE FOR SO LONG. CONSIDERING THE LEGALITYS AND ALL. THE ORGANIZERS MIGHT GET STUCK WITH THE 25TH. BUT THEN WHAT FOR LATER? EVENTUALLY THE MOVIE WILL BE MADE AND THERE WILL BE MORE ROBOTECH. AND SOONER THAN LATER THE ISSUES WILL BE FACE ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THE FANDOM AS A WHOLE. AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO FACE HG AND THE POSSIBILITY OF MAKING EVERYTHING LEGAL, BIGGER, AND MORE AWSOME.

What Robotech cons? IINM, fans have been responsible for every Robotech specific event except for Robocon 20, and wasn't Tom Bateman one of its organizers as well? HG could have organized the main 25th anniversary event but chose not to, so it fell on the fans once again. I doubt we will ever see a HG organized con again, IMO any future events will either be thanks to WBs and/or the fans.

Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 8 months ago #13278

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

rtsurfer

you are in tight with and work for the TPTB while I'm one who has fallen out of their favor.

I MIGHT BE "TIGHT" WITH TPTB BUT I DO NOT GET INVOLVED IN THE ON GOINGS INSIDE OF HG. THAT'S AN INSIDE ISSUE MATTER THAT I KNOW I NEED TO BE NO PART OF.

AND I DON'T WORK FOR TPTB OR HG. JUST SO YOU KNOW.

As I stated earlier this celebration isn't for or about the current staff, its for those who worked on the original 1985 Robotech tv series and those fans that want to spend time with them.

FROM THE 25TH RT SITE.... SHADOW CHRONICLES BUT NOT 1985
Yuri Lowenthal Voice Actor Marcus Rush

If the current staff really wants to spend time with the guest and fans attending the 25th celebration why don't they hold their own breakfast on Saturday morning at a restaurant nearby.

THEY CAN. IF THEY WANT. SOME OF THE FANS ALREADY PLANNING ON SEEING THE STAFF REGARDLESS AND IF I CAN I WILL JOIN THEM. ONE PLACE AND AT ONE TIME WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER.

What Robotech cons? IINM, fans have been responsible for every Robotech specific event except for Robocon 20, and wasn't Tom Bateman one of its organizers as well?

FUTURE ONES. AND LEGALLY I DON'T KNOW OF A ROBOTECH EVENT THAT HAS BEEN DONE WITHOUT HG APPROVAL. TOM BEEN AROUND 10TH, 20TH AND NOW 25TH. BUT AS NOW NOT THE ONLY ONE.

HG could have organized the main 25th anniversary event but chose not to,

ACTUALLY THERE BEEN EVENTS ALREADY OUT THERE IN OTHER CONS. HG ALSO ALLOWS THE USE OF THEIR PROPERTY AND UP TO USING MATERIAL FOR ADVERTISING FOR CONS TO USE. EXAMPLE STATE FAIR. EVEN THOUGHT CARL WAS INVOLVED IN THE BEGINNING, WE STILL HAD TO GO TO HG TO GET APPROVAL TO PRINT MATERIAL AND ITEMS TO USE ON DISPLAY. THEY CHOOSE TO SPREAD THE ROBOTECH 25TH THROUGH THE STATES FOR FANS, WHO CAN'T AFFORD IN TODAY'S ECONOMY, A ONE NIGHT PRICED DINNER AND HOTEL PLUS A FLIGHT. NOTHING BAD ABOUT THAT.

so it fell on the fans once again.

WHAT YOU MEAN FELL ON THE FANS ONCE AGAIN? THERE ARE CONS OUT THERE PULLING FOR THE 25TH. IT'S A GOOD DRAW. AND MONEY SAVER FOR FANS. CONS WIN BY GETTING MORE ROBOTECH ATTENDEES AND FANS JUST SPEND LESS FOR MORE THAN JUST A SIT DOWN FOR A ROBOTECH PANEL OR DINNER WITHOUT THE AIRFARE AND CALIFORNIA OVER TAXED HOTEL PRICES.

I doubt we will ever see a HG organized con again, IMO any future events will either be thanks to WBs and/or the fans.

HEHEHE.. PLENTY OF TIME. STAY TUNED.

CHECKED RT 25TH.. THEY PASS OUT FLIERS INVITING EVERYONE BUT THIS IS STILL IN THEIR PAGE...

RT25 - The Celebration is a private event and is not open to the public.

:huh:
13 years 8 months ago #13296

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer

you are in tight with and work for the TPTB while I'm one who has fallen out of their favor.

I MIGHT BE "TIGHT" WITH TPTB BUT I DO NOT GET INVOLVED IN THE ON GOINGS INSIDE OF HG. THAT'S AN INSIDE ISSUE MATTER THAT I KNOW I NEED TO BE NO PART OF.

AND I DON'T WORK FOR TPTB OR HG. JUST SO YOU KNOW.

First, from what I understand you are a mod at rt.com, in fact one of the ones credited by some disgruntled fans as doing Tommy's bannings. You certainly got involved in inside issues at HG back when we were friends, in fact you seemed to be playing both sides of the issues. ;) You may not get an actual pay check from HG but you used to tell me about the unofficial jobs you were doing for them. BTW, guess this means the job you were expecting from them for all your hard work didn't pan out. So did you forget I knew or were you exaggerating your importance to HG?
Hopefully being direct and honest doesn't get me banned here. :unsure:

CHECKED RT 25TH.. THEY PASS OUT FLIERS INVITING EVERYONE BUT THIS IS STILL IN THEIR PAGE...

RT25 - The Celebration is a private event and is not open to the public.

:huh:

Come on MEMO, I know you're not stupid. More than likely this is primarily for a couple of reasons. First, it guarantees that only those who contributed to the cost of the event can attend. Then its a disclaimer to protect them in case someone at HG decides they don't like them hosting THE 25th anniversary event.
In fact here's the whole disclaimer:
"RT25 - The Celebration is a private event and is not open to the public. All funds collected will go towards the cost of the event itself.
Any additional funds over that amount will be donated to charity; we are not affiliated with any corporate entity."

Its already been established in this thread that if someone wants to attend he/she should get in touch with the rt25 celebration staff. They've even set up a hotel deal and are helping coordinate travel details. When you consider how many people you get to meet, both those who worked on the Robotech tv series and fellow fans, it seems like a great deal to me and appropriate for the 25th anniversary.

13 years 8 months ago #13299

Replied by Fuzzy on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

Gahhhh... you know, i have one and only one request. Argue here and on forums as much as you want, but please, for the love of god when the actual weekend rolls around can we all agree to just leave the politics at the door? For one weekend can we just ALL be fans, regardless of where we work or have worked, or whatever events/conventions/dinners/ect weve done in the past? I mean the last thing i want, is to fly 5 hours on a plane, spend 2 nights in a hotel and end up listening to a bunch of he said she said. I'm coming to the weeekend/dinner because I LOVE ROBOTECH. (don't believe me, ask ANY of my friends in the Florida anime scene). Robotech is one of my passions. ROBOTECH IS GOD! ROBOTECH IS LIFE!!

...hmmm...pretty sure im not the first to say that. :unsure:

Sooo...where was i? Oh yeah...can we just go through ONE weekend without any snipping or snyde comments like "...ohh...im soo glad SOO AND SOO isnt here..." or any gossiping about who is or isnt a REAL fan? I mean, is that too much to ask?

Personally, my plan is to get my drink on, my party on, and just enjoy a once in a lifetime opportunity to mingle with some of the people that created one of my passions, and friends and fellow attendees who share the same passion.

-Fuzzy
13 years 8 months ago #13302

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds