rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

• Lancer
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Lancer on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

Fuzzy wrote:

Gahhhh... you know, i have one and only one request. Argue here and on forums as much as you want, but please, for the love of god when the actual weekend rolls around can we all agree to just leave the politics at the door? For one weekend can we just ALL be fans, regardless of where we work or have worked, or whatever events/conventions/dinners/ect weve done in the past? I mean the last thing i want, is to fly 5 hours on a plane, spend 2 nights in a hotel and end up listening to a bunch of he said she said. I'm coming to the weeekend/dinner because I LOVE ROBOTECH. (don't believe me, ask ANY of my friends in the Florida anime scene). Robotech is one of my passions. ROBOTECH IS GOD! ROBOTECH IS LIFE!!

...hmmm...pretty sure im not the first to say that. :unsure:

Sooo...where was i? Oh yeah...can we just go through ONE weekend without any snipping or snyde comments like "...ohh...im soo glad SOO AND SOO isnt here..." or any gossiping about who is or isnt a REAL fan? I mean, is that too much to ask?

Personally, my plan is to get my drink on, my party on, and just enjoy a once in a lifetime opportunity to mingle with some of the people that created one of my passions, and friends and fellow attendees who share the same passion.

-Fuzzy

WELL SAID.....and I Wonder who said "Robotech is God, Robotech is Life".....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
13 years 8 months ago #13303

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by Fuzzy on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

Lancer wrote:

WELL SAID.....and I Wonder who said "Robotech is God, Robotech is Life".....HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I dunno...but his ass better be at dinner next month! :P
13 years 8 months ago #13304

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

If I remember correctly, both arguing don't have plans of attending for one reason or another. I've read the comments of people who are going, and they all seem to be simply excited about seeing and meeting the voice actors and staff, as well as old friends and new. I'm looking forward to having drinks with all that attend that night and meet new ones, and I doubt that those that agree or disagree with the current dealings will make issue.

On that note, I just noticed that they booked out their original block of rooms, so that's a great sign. There should be a lot of people there, looking to have a great saturday evening. Let's definitely not forget Michael Bradley concert. While I've seen it before, this will no doubt be another one to remember always.
13 years 8 months ago #13305

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

Towgrin wrote:

If I remember correctly, both arguing don't have plans of attending for one reason or another. I've read the comments of people who are going, and they all seem to be simply excited about seeing and meeting the voice actors and staff, as well as old friends and new. I'm looking forward to having drinks with all that attend that night and meet new ones, and I doubt that those that agree or disagree with the current dealings will make issue.

On that note, I just noticed that they booked out their original block of rooms, so that's a great sign. There should be a lot of people there, looking to have a great saturday evening. Let's definitely not forget Michael Bradley concert. While I've seen it before, this will no doubt be another one to remember always.

IT WILL BE A GREAT EVENT. NO DOUBTS ABOUT THAT. LANCER AND FUZZY.. HAVE A GREAT TIME. IT'S ALL ABOUT ROBOTECH. :)

AND FINALLY THE ANGLE I EXPECT TO COME, NOT THE FIRST EITHER.

rtsurfer wrote:

First, from what I understand you are a mod at rt.com, in fact one of the ones credited by some disgruntled fans as doing Tommy's bannings.

I DON'T GET PAID. NEVER DID. MODING IS NOT WORK. CONSIDERING PRETTY MUCH THE FORUM TAKES CARE OF ITSELF. WE COULD SAY ALL POSTERS IN TEH FORUMS GET PAIED BY HG CONSIDERING THEY FILLING IN THE COMMENTS FOR THE HG FORUM... :blink:

CAN YOU POST WHY THEY WERE BANNED? YOU SAY I DID IT FOR TOMMY. SO THAT'S A FAR FETCHED ACCUSATION. PLEASE POST LINKS.

You certainly got involved in inside issues at HG back when we were friends, in fact you seemed to be playing both sides of the issues.

WRONG AGAIN. YOU MIGHT HAVE MISTAKEN MUCH OF WHAT I DO AS SUCH. I COULD SAY THE SAME OF YOU. BUT I KNOW YOU WERE THERE TO HELP ROBOTECH WITH CORRECT INFORMATION IN CANON. THERE WAS NO BOTH SIDES THEN. TILL TOM LEFT. AND STILL THEN AND NOW I STAND ON MY GROUND OF WHAT I THINK. NOT WHAT OTHERS WHANT ME TO SAY. GOES TO HG STAFF OR TOM OR FRIENDS. DON'T TAKE SIDES BUT I DO CALL IT AS I SEE IT.

You may not get an actual pay check from HG but you used to tell me about the unofficial jobs you were doing for them.

LIKE I SAID. I DON'T WORK FOR HG. YOU EVEN AGREE. NAME THESE UNOFFICIAL "JOBS" THIS SITE CAN BE CONSIDERED UNOFFICIAL. HELPING WITH INFO ON ROBOTECH CAN BE UNOFFICIAL. HELPING THE SPANISH FANS IS UNOFFICIAL.

NEED TO GET MORE "SPECIFIC". AND REMEMBER, WE STOPPED TALKING JUST A LITTLE BEFORE WE LEFT RT.COM. SO, THERE'S NOT MUCH "UNOFFICIAL THAT YOU CAN GET.

BTW, guess this means the job you were expecting from them for all your hard work didn't pan out. So did you forget I knew or were you exaggerating your importance to HG?
Hopefully being direct and honest doesn't get me banned here.

I NEVER WAS LOOKING FOR A JOB AT HG. OR EXPECT TO WORK FOR HG THEN OR NOW. THE LINE YOU JUST SAID HAS BEEN PASSED AROUND BY MANY PEOPLE. AND RIGHT NOW I WILL TELL YOU YOU ARE WRONG. ONE THING IS AND WILL LET YOU KNOW, I GOT A WELL PAYED JOB. AND TO GET BELLOW WHAT TOM WAS MAKING THEN IS SURE DUMB IN MY PART TO TAKE. FOR WHAT?

I GOT BETTER THINGS TO WORK FOR AND ACHIEVE. "OTHER PLANS".
SO SAYING THAT I WANTED TO WORK FOR HG WOULD MEAN A HUGE DROP IN PAY GRADE. ESPECIALLY COMING RIGHT BEHIND OTHERS WHO TRIED TO PAINT THE SAME PICTURE AS WELL. YOU CAN FIND THOSE POST IN THE CANON FODDER SECTION IF YOU WANT.

NOT GOING TO BAN YOU. JUST WANT TO SEE WHERE THIS CHARADE WILL LEAD. WHICH I HAVE A PRETTY GOOD IDEA.

NOW BACK ON TOPIC: :P

Come on MEMO, I know you're not stupid. More than likely this is primarily for a couple of reasons. First, it guarantees that only those who contributed to the cost of the event can attend. Then its a disclaimer to protect them in case someone at HG decides they don't like them hosting THE 25th anniversary event.
In fact here's the whole disclaimer:
"RT25 - The Celebration is a private event and is not open to the public. All funds collected will go towards the cost of the event itself.
Any additional funds over that amount will be donated to charity; we are not affiliated with any corporate entity."

I KNOW THEY MEAN NO HARM TO NO ONE. LIKE I SAID BEFORE AND WE PROMOTE THE EVENT. BUT JUST PASTING SOMETHING UP DOES NOT PROTECT THEM LEGALLY. ESPECIALLY WHEN FLIERS ARE PASSED AROUND TO A LEGAL HOLD PRODUCT. I HAVE ASKED BEFORE ON THIS ISSUE ABOUT COLLECTING CHARITY FOR RTX LIKE STAR WARS FANS DO FOR MAKE A WISH. I WAS TOLD I HAVE TO WORK WITH THE LEGAL DEPARTMENT OF HG. AND YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT SINCE YOU TALK TO TOM WHO WORKED FOR HG. HE OFF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW THAT.

Its already been established in this thread that if someone wants to attend he/she should get in touch with the rt25 celebration staff. They've even set up a hotel deal and are helping coordinate travel details. When you consider how many people you get to meet, both those who worked on the Robotech tv series and fellow fans, it seems like a great deal to me and appropriate for the 25th anniversary.

THAT'S COOL. WE KNOW THAT. WE ALREADY POSTED ABOUT IT IN PREVIOUS POSTS. EVEN HELPED FANS ASKING WITH SUCH QUESTIONS.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL WHAT YOU WANT TO GET OFF YOUR CHEST.. OR FOR SOMEONE ELSE... SO PLEASE IN LIGHTEN US.

OR WE COULD JUST LET THIS THREAD STAY ON TOPIC.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 8 months ago #13311

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

MEMO, I'm not going to argue with you anymore, play dumb all you want. I KNOW what you told me in archived private chats. The same chats where you leaked inside info concerning the goings on at HG as well as yet to be publicly disclosed production details.

Other members of RobotechX have made it clear they don't care about what either of us have to say on this issue so can we please just drop it.

Here are the links again for anyone interested in going who hasn't signed up yet, deadline is Sept 1st:
RT25 - The Celebration [Facebook]

RT25 The Celebration [website]
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 8 months ago #13312

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

rtsurfer wrote:

MEMO, I'm not going to argue with you anymore, play dumb all you want. I KNOW what you told me in archived private chats. The same chats where you leaked inside info concerning the goings on at HG as well as yet to be publicly disclosed production details.

I AM NOT AFRAID. LIKE I SAID. OTHERS HAVE TRIED. HECK, YOU CAN GET ALL THAT FEED FROM MW AS WELL (NOT THE FANDOM AS A WHOLE THERE BUT A SPECIFIC THREAD). THEY WAY AHEAD OF YOU IN THE GAME.

BUT GOOD THAT YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY NO MORE...

AND LET THE TOPIC BE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 8 months ago #13313

Replied by Fuzzy on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

2 WEEKS! HOLY CRAP!!!! :woohoo:
13 years 8 months ago #13393

The guest of honor list keeps growing, they've added more tables, and registration has been extended to Sept. 11th.

13 years 8 months ago #13434

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

I cannot wait to get there. This is gonna be a once in a lifetime celebration. This is definitely how to celebrate 25 years.
13 years 7 months ago #13439

This is so cool, there's a story on the anime news network,
RT25 the Celebration Hosts Largest Reunion of Robotech Talent [/url]

13 years 7 months ago #13447

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds