rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

Well I am sorry that you missed it Mav, and everyone who did because of politics and misinfo or whatever...IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

Politics should never play a role when celebrating Robotech. Regardless of the circumstances involved and despite personal differences we're all are fans of Robotech, that should never get in the way of celebrating your love of the series.

I guess with all that internet surfing, it does pay to check other sites other than one or two. Even here, it was mentioned that it was open to the public, and for quite awhile. Oh well, you really did miss out. Would've been cool to have you there.

I've been too busy with babysitting Hayden and working to really check other sites for the RT 25th celebration besides my typical checking of emails, Robotech.com, facebook and lastly twitter. I only started recently to return back to the fandom. Maybe for the 30th anniversary I would consider :)
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by MaverickLSC.
13 years 7 months ago #13561

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

ALL IN ALL LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER EVENT WAS CELEBRATED FOR ROBOTECH. THANKS FOR THE PICS EVERYONE PUT UP..DARTILLION, AUTOBOTDAN, AND MANY OTHERS.

I WAS NOT AT THE EVENT BUT STILL MET FANS WHO WANTED TO HANG OUT REGARDLESS.

I AM GLAD LOT OF FANS MEET THE VOICES BEHIND ROBOTECH AND GOT A CHANCE TO MEET THEM ALL AT ONCE.

MAV

Maybe for the 30th anniversary I would consider

ALREADY IN THE WORKS... ALREADY IN THE WORKS. THE BIG 30TH. WILL START PROMOTING THIS IN 2012 THOUGHT.

AS OF NOW THERE IS A GOOD POOL OF ORGANIZERS COMING TOGETHER FOR THIS. ;)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 7 months ago #13564

• buffalostyle
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Addicted to Protoculture
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by buffalostyle on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

Yeah... I couldn't swing it as my wallet is still feeling the effects of ComiCon and NDK. Didn't budget enough for two trips to California this year... :(
-buffalostyle
www.flickr.com/groups/1739199@N25/ Robotech Appreciation Flickr group
Member of the A.k.L.(Anti-kyle League)
13 years 7 months ago #13566

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ALREADY IN THE WORKS... ALREADY IN THE WORKS. THE BIG 30TH. WILL START PROMOTING THIS IN 2012 THOUGHT.

Sounds like that could be a fun get together. Perhaps I'll have to start saving up for a trip to Cali.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
13 years 7 months ago #13568

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

This looks like it was a great event! All the voice actors of the original ROBOTECH series under one roof, WOW! This just goes to show you how much fans keep ROBOTECH alive! Thanks to all!
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
13 years 7 months ago #13577

Replied by Fuzzy on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

Well MOST of the original VA's. Some, like Cam Clarke, were'nt there. But Yuri Lowenthal (Marcus Rush) was!
13 years 7 months ago #13578

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

Mark Warlock wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Sounds like that could be a fun get together. Perhaps I'll have to start saving up for a trip to Cali.

NOT A GET TOGETHER. BUT AN ACTUAL ROBOTECH CONVENTION. AN OPEN EVENT WHERE EVERYONE IS WELCOMED. WISH LIST GUESTS INCLUDES BOTH THE SPANISH AND ENGLISH VOICE ACTORS, PRODUCTION PEOPLE, AND WHO KNOWS.. MAYBE THE ORIGINAL CREATORS OF THE 3 SAGAS. ALL UNDER ONE ROOF.

SO START WORKING ON THOSE FAN WORKS AND WILL SEE WHAT GETS IN TO THE CON.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 7 months ago #13581

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

NOT A GET TOGETHER. BUT AN ACTUAL ROBOTECH CONVENTION. AN OPEN EVENT WHERE EVERYONE IS WELCOMED. WISH LIST GUESTS INCLUDES BOTH THE SPANISH AND ENGLISH VOICE ACTORS, PRODUCTION PEOPLE, AND WHO KNOWS.. MAYBE THE ORIGINAL CREATORS OF THE 3 SAGAS. ALL UNDER ONE ROOF.

SO START WORKING ON THOSE FAN WORKS AND WILL SEE WHAT GETS IN TO THE CON.

Well that's different... I'll have to make certain I save up enough and that I make the trip. By then I should have the rest of my custom figures complete and ready to display all together. That is gonna be a great Convention!
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
13 years 7 months ago #13585

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

The event was great. I had no issues signing up, but I did sign up early on.

Probably could have been better planned, but it was a lot more organized than I expected. You didn't know exactly what you be eating until a week before the event. You also were sat with whoever they decided to put you next to. Although they did do a great job of placing me. Not sure who to thank for that or if some of it was just a case of dumb luck. I also felt bad because when Michael went on stage, most of the people went outside to talk to all of the guests instead of enjoying the concert.

Those were minor issues. Overall the event was fantastic. I'm glad I went and had a great time. (Although I should have cut back on the alcohol a bit -_-;)
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
13 years 7 months ago #13607

• Lancer
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!

Replied by Lancer on topic Re:rt25celebration Van Nuys, CA SEPTEMBER 18 2010

Hey did we meet??!! And I was listening to Michael, but also multitasking and getting my autograph/geek on! LOL
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
13 years 7 months ago #13611

Time to create page: 0.567 seconds