ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

Am I understanding this correctly, the new animation project was greenlit BECAUSE Carl Macek died, seriously?
IIRC Tommy previously said Carl was writing the new project and IINM Kevin said the project started with Carl Macek in early 2010. His idea wasn't worthy of being greenlit, nor apparently the writing Carl had already done, but his death made it worth animating

I high suspected that Carl Macek death would pushed the new project into high gear the first time that I read about the project on these broads. I agree that Kevin is obnoxious. Tommy sound less obnoxious. It clear they need a pr person. Plus Kevin is a troll and put his own spin on things. I know little more. That sound track is close to being finished and the scope of the new robotech feature has been expanded. Let just hope the new feature does become a victim of scope creep.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by spark300c.
12 years 10 months ago #17008

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

I think the three accomplished their goal of stirring up the community. And now everyone with about 5 exceptions hate them. Instead of embracing the community they mock us, again. I don't think any positive reaction will come up again for HG.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
12 years 10 months ago #17009

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

FIRST ROBOTECH VIDEO IS NOW UP FOR VIEWING.

I have a comment and a question.

Comment:
"There's just one problem..."

"They're in China!"

LOL.

Question:
Why does Kevin sound like he's addressing a five-year-old's birthday party?

listening to him while on my meds is even worse..........

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
12 years 10 months ago #17010

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

ALRIGHT. BACK FROM AX AND FIREWORKS. STILL GOTTA WORK BUT MORE RELAXED NOW. HOPE YOU GUYS HAD A GREAT WEEKEND.

AND WOW... LEAVE YOU GUYS FOR A BIT AND NOTHING BUT NAME CALLING. COME ON GUYS... DON'T DROP THE BAR. YOU GUYS SAY YOU ARE BETTER AND KNOW MORE THAN THE REGULAR JOE AT THE CONS BUT WITH THIS NAME CALLING SURE MAKES ME BELIEVE OTHERWISE. LOOK AT YOU GUYS...

OH WELL... LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET IN TRACK WITH THIS.

rtsurfer wrote:

How many times can someone reference China and/or shipping during a single RT panel, and does he really think its funny like the 100th time?

HEHEHE, HIS REACTION TO FANS WHO WERE SAYING IT HAD TO BE IN CHINA. VERY FUNNY. SO YEAH, IT WAS THE JOKE THROUGH THE PANEL. HE SURE CORNERED HIMSELF IN THAT ONE.

Concerning those battlepods sitting in that cargo container in China waiting for it to fill up, what's next waiting on a ship to fill up with cargo containers? Toynami and/or HG could find an alternate way of getting them to NAmer without affecting the price too much if they really wanted to.

THEN THE COST WOULD BE RAISED FOR THE TOYS IF IT WAS AIR FREIGHTED. AND THAT WOULD BE A LOT.

Tommy's response concerning making a Macross series into an alternate Robo-Tech universe appears to have way too much thought behind it.

HEHEHE, ACTUALLY YOU READING TO MUCH INTO IT. AS I SEE IT IT'S A SIMPLE WAY OF SAYING NO FOR IT TO BEING PART OF ROBOTECH. AND HG WON'T SEE THAT MACROSS TILL THE FEUD IN JAPAN STOPS. WHICH WOULD BE A SUPER LOOOONG TIME....

I seriously doubt it will ever happen, especially considering he also says something along the lines of HG is taking baby steps with bringing Macross into the US. Like Kevin in the rt.com forums, he suggest the details of the law suits haven't been worked out and are still ongoing in Japan.

EXACTLY. HG IS IN NO RUSH TO GET MACROSS IMPORTED. IF IT HAPPENED OR EVEN TRY, THEY WOULD JUST LEAVE IT ALONE. MACROSS BRANCHED TO FAR OFF ON WHAT IS ROBOTECH AS A WHOLE.

AND TO ADD FOR GUBABA,
LOOKS LIKE HG DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHTS TO DISTRIBUTE DYRL MOVIE.

BUMMER.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 10 months ago #17011

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by herobot on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

Thank you,Memo.Cool videos,a lot of information. :laugh: Good work!~
12 years 10 months ago #17024

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ALRIGHT. BACK FROM AX AND FIREWORKS. STILL GOTTA WORK BUT MORE RELAXED NOW. HOPE YOU GUYS HAD A GREAT WEEKEND.

AND WOW... LEAVE YOU GUYS FOR A BIT AND NOTHING BUT NAME CALLING. COME ON GUYS... DON'T DROP THE BAR. YOU GUYS SAY YOU ARE BETTER AND KNOW MORE THAN THE REGULAR JOE AT THE CONS BUT WITH THIS NAME CALLING SURE MAKES ME BELIEVE OTHERWISE. LOOK AT YOU GUYS...

I know...we're just a bunch of enfants terribles, aren't we? :P

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HEHEHE, ACTUALLY YOU READING TO MUCH INTO IT. AS I SEE IT IT'S A SIMPLE WAY OF SAYING NO FOR IT TO BEING PART OF ROBOTECH. AND HG WON'T SEE THAT MACROSS TILL THE FEUD IN JAPAN STOPS. WHICH WOULD BE A SUPER LOOOONG TIME....

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Memo? The lawsuits ended long ago, all appeals (from both sides) exhausted. Tommy said so himself in 2004.

Which brings us to...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

AND TO ADD FOR GUBABA,
LOOKS LIKE HG DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHTS TO DISTRIBUTE DYRL MOVIE.

BUMMER.

I know, right?

I wonder why Tommy said they could "release Macross the Movie as a product" if they couldn't? That's just weird. Or dishonest, depending on how you look at it.
12 years 10 months ago #17025

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

Sorry, I don't understand re-importing the same comics (that was translated in a different language) that your company exported to China. Will the books be translated back to English or be sold as is in the RT.com store?
12 years 10 months ago #17026

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

Troubleman245 wrote:

Sorry, I don't understand re-importing the same comics (that was translated in a different language) that your company exported to China. Will the books be translated back to English or be sold as is in the RT.com store?

I believe they'll be in Chinese as it would require more money to change the publication back into english and during this worldwide economic slowdown this wouldn't be accetpable. Moreover, they always make it sound like only "limited" copies will be available for sale which would support the fact that a case of graphic novels was just diverted to the US instead of China. I'm just wondering how they can get comics from China here but not the battlepods?
12 years 10 months ago #17027

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

Give me a fucking break. God, I would rather see them go back and redo all the godawful CGI in Shadow Chronicles with cel-shading than half the shit they're doing now. At least Shadow Chronicles would go from being a vapid pile of drek to at least a subpar sequel to the franchise. How is it that a fan can create 35 seconds of brand new animation that looks basically LIKE Shadow Chronicles yet Harmony Gold cannot pull even that off?
12 years 10 months ago #17029

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

35 seconds is lot in terms of animation but movie needs at least be hour long to marketable. Any way harmony gold will show there new animation to any body. They show some of it at cons but no one allow record it. Plus fans do not pay money for their work or worried about make money off their project. HG does and reason why there is some much red tape. any way the comics are reaching market they have not been sold before. In china view they are get the first printing of these.
12 years 10 months ago #17030

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds