ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011 was created by MEMO1DOMINION

Robotech Convention Tour kick off!

The Federation for the Promotion of Animation in association with Harmony Gold is pleased to announce that the 2011 Robotech Convention Tour will kick off at Animation On Display in downtown San Francisco!

To preview the latest projects on the Robotech Franchise, Animation On Display has invited Harmony Gold Creative Director Tommy Yune as a Guest of Honor. Animation On Display will have panels, workshops, autograph signings and giveaways throughout the weekend.

EVENT LOCATION / DISCOUNT HOTEL ROOMS:

Animation On Display 2011 will be held at the Hotel Kabuki, on February 19-20th. The hotel located in the heart of San Francisco's Japantown at the following address.

Hotel Kabuki
1625 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
Tel: 415-922-3200
www.jdvhotels.com/hotels/kabuki/

To allow as many fans as possible to attend the convention Animation On Display has secured a special discounted room rate of $94 USD per night. Fans can book this special rate online at the following link.

reservations.ihotelier.com/crs/g_reserva...486834&hotelID=13098

(There is $20.00 per person charge for third and fourth persons. Rates do not include local taxes and fees.)

You can reserve a room via phone by calling the Hotel Kabuki at 1-800-533-4567. Make sure to mention you are with "Animation On Display" (AOD).

EVENT REGISTRATION:

Fans can pre-register for Animation On Display for a discounted until February 5th, 2010 The discounted rate for Animation On Display is $25 USD and it covers both Saturday and Sunday.

You can pre-register online at the following link.

www.aodsf.org/aod/reg/

Fans who wish to register at-the-door can do so at the following rates.

Full Weekend - $30 USD
Saturday Only - $20 USD
Sunday Only - $20 USD

MORE INFORMATION:

Please check out the Animation On Demand website for more information about the convention.

www.aodsf.org

Harmony Gold looks forward to meeting all of our fans and kicking off the 2011 Robotech Convention Tour at Animation On Display in downtown San Francisco this January!

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Special thanks to AODSF Chairman Hank Wong for his work in helping us kick off the 2011 Robotech Convention Tour at his show.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 4 months ago #14242

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

I AM AT THE COMIC BOOK WRITING AND USE OF PHOTOSHOP PRESENTED BY TOMMY YUNE.

I AM POSTING EVERYTHING I CAN THROUGH FACEBOOK.

www.facebook.com/robotechx
13 years 2 months ago #14731

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

Thanks memo, waiting patiently :)
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
13 years 2 months ago #14732

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

From rt.com's Facebook wall:

Fans watch a new Robotech animation clip at Animation On Display!

:ohmy: If the crowd's reaction is any indication of how good it is I can't wait to see it ;) :laugh:
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
13 years 2 months ago #14734

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

MaverickLSC wrote:

Thanks memo, waiting patiently :)

And Maverick I'm waiting patiently to hear your sexay voice again in the next episode of Robotech World so do not disappoint =

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 2 months ago #14740

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

rtsurfer wrote:

:ohmy: If the crowd's reaction is any indication of how good it is I can't wait to see it ;) :laugh:

OMG!

The room is PACKED..............of empty chairs. :woohoo:

Wash....rinse.....repeat.

:lol:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Zen72.
13 years 2 months ago #14743

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

FROM THE PANEL...

LOOKS LIKE THEY JUST DID A RUNDOWN OF PAST CONVENTIONS INFO.

1.ONLY THING NEW AT THE FIRST 30 MINUTES WERE THAT TOMMY PLAYED NEW AUDIO THAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY TAKEN FROM WARP TAPES AND MORE AUDIO FOUND AT HG AND THIS WILL BE IN THE NEW CD.

2.SHOWING OF PRODUCTION NOTES WHERE MICHAEL BRADLEY TURNING IN HIS WORK IN APRIL OF 85 (ROBOTECH STARTED SHOWING IN MARCH IN TV) FOR NEW GENERATION.

3.MORE NEW STUFF FROM THE DOCUMENTARY... NO RELEASE DATE

4.TOYNAMI RELEASING MORE DYRL TOYS. (WE KNOW THAT ALREADY FROM LAST WEEKEND)

4.NEW GENERATION RPG IS BEING WORKED ON. TOMMY CLAIMED THERE IS A COVER FOR THE BOOK BUT DID NOT SHOW. NO RELEASE DATE.

5.NEW ANIMATION CLIP WAS SHOWN OF THE 2011 PROJECT.

SHOW THE IMAGE OF SERA BUT THIS TIME AT THE END TOMMY PLAYED AN ANIMATION COMPLETE CLIP AND IN COLOR. NOT AN ANIMATIC LIKE WE SAW PRE-SHADOW CHRONICLES. TOMMY DID WARNED US IT'S STILL ANIMATION IN PRODUCTION AND IN THE WORKS.

THERE WAS NO AUDIO SINCE ACCORDING TO TOMMY THE PRODUCTION HAS NOT MOVED INTO SOUND YET...

FIRST COMES THE IMAGE OF THE HG LOGO.. AND RIGHT AFTER YOU ARE IN SPACE MOVING INTO EARTH. I ALMOST THOUGHT IT WAS THE SAME AS SHADOW CHRONICLES BUT WHEN YOU MOVE CLOSER TO EARTH, AND THROUGH THE CLOUDS YOU COME TO THE 3 MOUNDS.

THEN YOU CUT INTO A SPACE ABOVE WHERE WHERE THERE IS A BATTLE GOING ON AND THERE ARE A FLEET OF GARFISH. THE COLOR WAS OFF THOUGHT BECAUSE THE GARFISH LOOKED FLORESCENT GREEN. THEN YOU CUT INTO AND FOLLOW A PILOT IN NEW GENERATION UNIFORM DO TO THE HELMET OF THE PILOT AND HE WAS FLYING A Conbat SFA-5

YOU FOLLOW THE PLANE AROUND THROUGH SOME FIGHTING AND THE CHARACTER AS WELL.. MISSILES HERE, EXPLOSIONS THERE.. INVID SCOUTS ALL OVER THE PLACE AND DON'T LOOK LIKE THE ONES FROM SHADOW CHRONICLES. THEN YOU CUT BACK TO THE MOUNDS AND THERE IS A BEAM OF LIGHT THAT HITS IT AND BLOWS IT UP.. AND YOU PAN AWAY FROM EARTH AND BACK INTO SPACE...

WAS VERY FAST AND THE ANIMATION LOOKED NEW AND AT THE SAME TIME RETRO.

THEY WILL SHOW IT AGAIN SUNDAY ACCORDING TO TOMMY. HOPE OTHERS CAN FILL IN LATER AS WELL.

NO RELEASE DATE.
13 years 2 months ago #14744

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Zen72 wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

OMG!

IT'S A SMALL CON. YOU DO KNOW THE BIGGER ONES THAT FILL IN ARE AT AX AND SDCC AND EVEN MECHA CON.

SAN FRANCISCO HAS A YOUNG FOLLOWING.
13 years 2 months ago #14745

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

rtsurfer wrote:

Okay, seriously.......who died?

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 2 months ago #14747

• Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Zen72 wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

OMG!

IT'S A SMALL CON. YOU DO KNOW THE BIGGER ONES THAT FILL IN ARE AT AX AND SDCC AND EVEN MECHA CON.

SAN FRANCISCO HAS A YOUNG FOLLOWING.

File Attachment:

I stand by my prior opinion.....

Wash...Rinse....Repeat...

:laugh:
13 years 2 months ago #14748

Time to create page: 0.432 seconds