THE 1ST "ROBOTECH FANDOM AWARDS" 2010 AT CC

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

THE 1ST "ROBOTECH FANDOM AWARDS" 2010 AT CC was created by MEMO1DOMINION

WE WILL HAVE THE AWARDS ARE GOING TO BE HELD AT SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2010

AND SO FAR AS OF NOW WORKING ON IDEAS, DEVELOPMENT, JUDGING AND CATEGORY'S FOR THE FIRST ROBOTECH FANDOM AWARDS".

PRIZES? WHATEVER WE CAN AFFORD. HAHAHA, NO REALLY, WORKING ON CONNECTIONS AND TO SEE IF THEY CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE CAUSE

HERE ARE SOME OF THE CATEGORY'S

rt.fan art
rt.fan fic's
rt.fan works (coin, patches, books, comics panels,talk shoe's, supportive sites)
rt.fan films
rt.fan A.M.V's
rt.fan customizing
rt.fan costumes

SUBMISSIONS HERE IN THIS PAGE OR
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Rules for the 1st Robotech Fandom Awards

The Robotech Fandom Awards will be separated into 5 main categories with a 6th overall category, to be judged by a panel of special guest Judges, and a 7th overall Fan’s Choice Category. Within each category fans will be able to submit their works to be judged by panel/forums. Winners will be notified and Prizes and awards will be handed out at SAN DIEGO COMIC CON ROBOTECH BOOTH. If unable to attend it will be mailed to the award winer. All entries must be submitted by 11:59:59 on JULY 1ST. 2010. By entering all contestants agree to allow www.RobotechX.com to display pictures or content of such works for this site.

Contestants will retain all rights and credit to their own works. Note: photos of works may be submitted if you do not wish to send in your created work for display at the Con however, please have a list of items used in creating your works for verification and site description purposes. Please remember this is for FAN MADE entries ONLY. Please do not purchase works and submit them as your own.
For this contest Robotech is described as the Original 85 episodes, Robotech II: The Sentinels, Robotech The Movie: The Untold Story, and Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles.

Categories:

1)Fan Art: For this category any visual created art such as drawings, paintings, digital art, or original technical drawings are admissible. Note: Submissions with nudity, indecent sexual content, explicit sexual themes, or graphic displays of violence will be disqualified.

2)Fan Fics: For this category any written works including short stories, essays, fan created “tech manual” exerts, or poems will be accepted. Note please keep short stories and Essays under 5000 words. Stories containing Sexual explicit themes or Graphic depictions of violence will be disqualified.

3)Fan Films & AMV’s: You may submit your fan made live action, animated, or stop motion films here as well as AMV’s. Be sure that your works do not contain footage that was not specifically used in Robotech as described above. Also please no nudity, sexually explicit themes, excessive swearing, or graphic depictions of violence. Please limit your entries tofewer than 10 minutes.

4)Fan Customizing: This category is open to a range of concepts from models, figures, scratch built diorama’s, and fan made props. Models may be modified or painted (Use of Macross, Southern Cross, and Mospeada kits is acceptable provided they fit into the definition of Robotech as set forth in the rules above. Any figures may be modified or customized as a Robotech character. Fan made props can be anything from weapons to headsets, to other hand held items as seen in Robotech. Please limit the size of Diorama’s to (A x B x C size to be decided ).

Note: Non-Robotech or OSM kits and figures Must be modified in such a way as to not infringe upon the kit or figures original material copyrights.

5)General Fan Works: This category will be open to larger encompassing works including large scale 1:1 mecha, collections of works or anthologies, pamphlets, tech manuals, costumes, hats, shirts, and other items that may not fall into one of the other categories.

6)The Carl Macek Memorial Award: This category will be used by a panel of special staff guest Judges who will select works from all categories. The winner will receive the Carl Macek Memorial Award. Judges will look at originality, creative thinking, and or creative use of materials.

7)The Fan’s Choice Award: This category will be used by fans who will vote on works from all categories to received the “Fan’s Choice Award”. Fans will be asked to vote for their favorite entry. All votes will be tallied and the winner announced at the time stated above.
Remember make your works funny, serious, parodies, horror, or just about any way you can imagine as long as you have fun.

We reserve the right to change dates and rules depending on circumstances by events.

B)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 7 months ago #6290

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:THE 1ST "ROBOTECH FANDOM AWARDS" 2010

intriguing

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 7 months ago #6294

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:THE 1ST "ROBOTECH FANDOM AWARDS" 2010

MEMO

I'll need to really dig down and write something special for that.. I like the idea..

What kind of time frame are you guys looking to do this?

Oh and did you have any thoughts on that other contest you'd mentioned in the modeling thread?

Thanks,
Mark
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
14 years 7 months ago #6295

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:THE 1ST "ROBOTECH FANDOM AWARDS" 2010

Mark Warlock

SOMETHING BY DECEMBER. AT LEAST THE WHOLE RULES FOR THE COMPETITION. THAT'S WHEN COMIC CON STARTS ANNOUNCING THEIR DAYS AND REGISTRATION FOR THE CON. AND ENOUGH TIME FOR PEOPLE TO GET STARTED ON THEIR WORK. CUSTOMIZING TAKES A LONG TIME. ESPECIALLY DECALS AND STICKERS. SOME WILL HAVE TO HAVE THEIRS SPECIAL MADE.

GIVE ME AN IDEA OF WHAT TIME FRAME ONE TAKES FOR CUSTOMIZING. I KNOW FANS ARE BUSY, AND WANT TO MAKE IT FUN. SO AT LEAST A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME. OF COURSE, THERE IS YOUR THREAD WITH THE HELP FANS MIGHT NEED ON THAT.

Oh and did you have any thoughts on that other contest you'd mentioned in the modeling thread?

THOSE ARE GREAT IDEAS. LETS BRING THEM IN HERE TO MAKE THIS COMPETITION FLOW.

HP

intriguing

HA! YOU KNOW YOU PROBABLY GOT MUCH OF THE CATEGORY'S COVERED. I DONT THINK THERE WILL BE A PROBLEM WITH MULTIPLE CATEGORY'S BUT AT THE SAME TIME, DONT WANT FANS TO GET TO MUCH OF PENGUINSPALOZA. :woohoo:
14 years 7 months ago #6299

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:THE 1ST "ROBOTECH FANDOM AWARDS" 2010

MEMO

Well depending on what the person is doing, how much time they have per day, and what they are starting with... Customs can take anywhere from a few days to months..

The thing you want to consider is to decide how long it will take to judge the entries..

I suppose you want the cut off date a few weeks before you'll need them for display so you'll have time for shipping and pictures and posting.

Hope this helps you out.

Mark
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
14 years 7 months ago #6304

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

THAT'S THE IDEA. LIKE THE MIDDLE OF JUNE DEADLINE. HAVE PICTURES UP FROM MAY TO JUNE DEADLINE SO FANS CAN START VOTING.

OR PICTURE SUBMISSION FOR FANS TO VIEW TO DECIDE MORE ON IT. EVEN VIDEO OF THERE WORK. STILL WORKING ON THOSE DETAILS.
14 years 7 months ago #6306

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:THE 1ST

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Mark Warlock

SOMETHING BY DECEMBER. AT LEAST THE WHOLE RULES FOR THE COMPETITION. THAT'S WHEN COMIC CON STARTS ANNOUNCING THEIR DAYS AND REGISTRATION FOR THE CON. AND ENOUGH TIME FOR PEOPLE TO GET STARTED ON THEIR WORK. CUSTOMIZING TAKES A LONG TIME. ESPECIALLY DECALS AND STICKERS. SOME WILL HAVE TO HAVE THEIRS SPECIAL MADE.

GIVE ME AN IDEA OF WHAT TIME FRAME ONE TAKES FOR CUSTOMIZING. I KNOW FANS ARE BUSY, AND WANT TO MAKE IT FUN. SO AT LEAST A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME. OF COURSE, THERE IS YOUR THREAD WITH THE HELP FANS MIGHT NEED ON THAT.

THOSE ARE GREAT IDEAS. LETS BRING THEM IN HERE TO MAKE THIS COMPETITION FLOW.

HP

intriguing

HA! YOU KNOW YOU PROBABLY GOT MUCH OF THE CATEGORY'S COVERED. I DONT THINK THERE WILL BE A PROBLEM WITH MULTIPLE CATEGORY'S BUT AT THE SAME TIME, DONT WANT FANS TO GET TO MUCH OF PENGUINSPALOZA. :woohoo:

I honestly don't know what I'd do, or if I'd have the time, I'm already busy enough as it is...
it would also have to depend on what the prizes are
like it would have to be something I would want, that I don't already have.

I'll think about it though, no guarantees

14 years 7 months ago #6307

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

HP

I honestly don't know what I'd do, or if I'd have the time, I'm already busy enough as it is...

ITS OK HP. YOU CAN SIT IT OUT. NO WORRIES.

PRIZES WILL PROBABLY WONT BE THAT HUGE. YOU NEVER KNOW. NO CASH PRIZES THOUGHT. THIS IS FOR FANS TO HAVE FUN AND SHOW OF THEIR WORKS. BUT ITS COOL.

AND I WILL BE TAKING IN WORKS FROM NOT ONLY HERE, BUT OTHER COMMUNITY'S AS WELL.
14 years 7 months ago #6310

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:THE 1ST "ROBOTECH FANDOM AWARDS" 2010

A question or teo from me...

First, how are 'contestants' selected? Is there a nomination process, or are they all self-subimitted.

Next, what's the timeline for submissions/nominations?

Thanks, Memo!
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 7 months ago #6311

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:THE 1ST

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HP

ITS OK HP. YOU CAN SIT IT OUT. NO WORRIES.

PRIZES WILL PROBABLY WONT BE THAT HUGE. YOU NEVER KNOW. NO CASH PRIZES THOUGHT. THIS IS FOR FANS TO HAVE FUN AND SHOW OF THEIR WORKS. BUT ITS COOL.

AND I WILL BE TAKING IN WORKS FROM NOT ONLY HERE, BUT OTHER COMMUNITY'S AS WELL.

Yes I know I can sit it out, thank you very much
what I meant was the prize shouldn't be anything some of us already have or don't want. The winners should get to decide what they want out of what you offer of course.

am I making sense now?

14 years 7 months ago #6312

Time to create page: 0.484 seconds