The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

• BenYbgib
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • The ghost of Ben Dixon Lives on!!!
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by BenYbgib on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

Now if only Big West would realize the potential of Macross Frontier toys and the show in Region 1 countries...
Member of the Earth Liberation force. We will NOT STOP until the Earth is taken back from the Inbit!!!
DOL member
11 years 9 months ago #19452

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

BenYbgib wrote:

Now if only Big West would realize the potential of Macross Frontier toys and the show in Region 1 countries...

That's not the problem.

A company called Toycom (which was the U.S. division of Yamato Toys) tried to release Macross Plus toys in the U.S. in 2000. HG blocked them from doing so. No one's tried since then.

EDIT: None of this has anything to do with the Macross Blu-Ray, however.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gubaba.
11 years 9 months ago #19459

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

Gubaba wrote;

As for sources, It was mostly stuff that I read back in 2001~2004, either talking to people "in the biz" at cons, or reading articles (that are now mostly dead links).

Really, mostly dead links eh! So tell us Gubaba which link do you have that is not dead. You said mostly and not all. ;)

You should ante up and play this ace that you claim as a documented source for your info. If not, then it might as well be just gibberish.

The fact that you didn't post any links is proof that your presumpsion is probably incorrect. You can always use the Waybackmachine on archive.org to reguritate some of these dead links.

Heck, I'm sure if this was important to the Macross fans it would be on record in some post over at Macrossworld, wouldn't it? ;)

And as well, if you do have these connections to people "in the biz" at these cons that can confirm your arguement. Why not interview them for the Macross SpeakerPodcast so we can have a direct statement from them in their voice.

Not only would this benefit the Macross fandom, but would set the record straight once and for all.

So Gubaba, what about it? Are you ready to ante up? ;)

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MaverickLSC.
11 years 9 months ago #19460

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

You first, Mav.

Anyway, thank you... I was thinking about posting about your latest episode of Robotech World, where Memo mentions that he heard at ComiCon that Macross WASN'T remastered for Blu-Ray. He admits that he did no research online, and was just going by what he heard.

Instead of rigorously checking your facts, you just let it slide, and this false info was a topic of conversation for quite a few minutes.

Anyway, you said a VERY long time ago that you'd be posting links that proved that EDF was in fact the RLAM, but thse never materialized.

I could go on, but that would be a lot of work. :P

So, a simple question: Why are you asking me to adhere to standards that you yourself refuse to acknowledge?
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gubaba.
11 years 9 months ago #19469

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

Gubaba wrote:

Anyway, thank you... I was thinking about posting about your latest episode of Robotech World, where Memo mentions that he heard at ComiCon that Macross WASN'T remastered for Blu-Ray. He admits that he did no research online, and was just going by what he heard.

I THINK THIS SDF MACROSS HAS NOT BEEN CONVERTED TO BLU-RAY. LOT OF INFO ON WHO IS DISTRIBUTING BUT NOTHING ON 1080P.

ALSO NOT HEARING THE SAME FOR MOSPEADA BLU-RAY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 8 months ago #19478

• Waters7
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Waters7 on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

I THINK THIS SDF MACROSS HAS NOT BEEN CONVERTED TO BLU-RAY. LOT OF INFO ON WHO IS DISTRIBUTING BUT NOTHING ON 1080P.

The Macross Blu-Ray set is 1080p with 4:3 aspect

Here is a link in english just in case "chinese" has problems translating

SDF Macross Blu-Ray info

I can't find anything about the MOSPEADA set yet and the information on the offical trailer does not specify if it will be presented in 1080p

11 years 8 months ago #19480

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

In addition to Waters7's link (thanks! :laugh: ) here's another:

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20120106_502775.html

And another:

http://product.bandaivisual.co.jp/web_service/shop_product_info.asp?item_no=BCXA-0504

And another:

http://www.famima.com/shop/pages/macross_bdbox.aspx

Is that enough? Do you "think" it's been converted now, or do you want more links?
11 years 8 months ago #19487

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

Waters7 wrote:

The Macross Blu-Ray set is 1080p with 4:3 aspect

Here is a link in english just in case "chinese" has problems translating

SDF Macross Blu-Ray info

I can't find anything about the MOSPEADA set yet and the information on the offical trailer does not specify if it will be presented in 1080p

[/quote]
THANKS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 8 months ago #19493

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

THANKS.

Okay, so here's the problem...Mav asked me to "up the ante," right?

Quite a mouthful of your podcast (and the afterthoughts here in this thread) has been proven wrong.

(I could go into how Mav spent at least forty minutes talking about Todd Rob Smith's plans for a Southern Cross screenplay AFTER his association with the project had finished, but I won't, because I'm feeling generous.)

So yeah, the ante has been upped, as Mav requested.

...what happens now?

Do Waters7 and I win some kind of prize or something?
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Gubaba.
11 years 8 months ago #19495

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

Gubaba wrote;

Okay, so here's the problem...Mav asked me to "up the ante," right?

Exactly, so why didn't you answer my question Gubaba? You still didn't answer the question regarding knowing people 'in the biz' and mostly dead links supporting your theory that HG used the Animego remastered footage of SDF Macross for their Robotech Remastered Extended edition DVD's.

Is this true? You said 'mostly' dead links.

'Mostly', so where are these links you have in your possession that proves your theory. And don't sidestep this question and try to change the topic.

I waiting patiently for your answer.

Btw, I going to thank Waters7 in answering the technical details regarding the SDF:Macross Blu-Ray. I'm just curious how it would look on a 55" inch LCD TV. I know 720p doesn't look right once you go beyond 42" size LCD TV's.

Also the animators have added some tiny details in the animation that can only be seen on 35mm film, but with a 1080p resolution I believe the fans are going to be in luck finding these easter eggs that go unnoticeable in VHS and DVD versions.

Gubaba wrote;

(I could go into how Mav spent at least forty minutes talking about Todd Rob Smith's plans for a Southern Cross screenplay AFTER his association with the project had finished, but I won't, because I'm feeling generous.)

It's Tom Rob Smith, not Todd. Also he's a fan of Southern Cross who wrote the New York Times best seller 'Child 44' He was hired on as part of the script development team. And only the script.

As you know Memo broke the news regarding Craig Silverstein who is actually working on that next step which is the screenplay.

Setting the record straight! ;)

Gubaba wrote;

Anyway, you said a VERY long time ago that you'd be posting links that proved that EDF was in fact the RLAM, but thse never materialized.

I have always maintained speculation on this part, it's even on the record in regards to links;

www.robotechx.com/forums/3-robotech-live...ml?limit=10&start=70

Honestly Gubaba, what are you on? :blink:

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
11 years 8 months ago #19501

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds