The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

• Lobizon
  • Lobizon's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset. was created by Lobizon

12 years 3 months ago #17952

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

HELL YEAH!
12 years 3 months ago #17956

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

CONTINUING FROM THE MOSPEADA TOPIC

THANKS TO GUBABA FOR THE IMAGES...

I KNEW THE PRICE WAS ALREADY TO HIGH FOR ME TO EVEN GET AN INTEREST IN BUYING SOMETHING WELL OVER PRICED EVEN IF IT HAD EXTRAS THAT I ALREADY HAVE.

EVEN WHEN THE PRICE WENT DOWN I STILL CAN'T BUDGE FOR IT. SAW SOME OF THE REVIEWS ONLINE AND LOOKS LIKE THERE ARE STILL SOME GRAIN ON SOME SCENES. IF ONE EXPECTS THE FANS TO FORK THAT MUCH AT LEAST HAVE A DECENT VIDEO UPGRADE PROCESS ALL THE WAY THROUGH. ALSO NO SUBTITLES.

I AM HAPPY WITH WHAT I CURRENTLY HAVE OF THE MACROSS BOX SET OF EARLY 00'S. THOUGHT I HAVE NOT POPPED THE CD IN THE PLAYER IN A LOOOONG WHILE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 9 months ago #19409

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I KNEW THE PRICE WAS ALREADY TO HIGH FOR ME TO EVEN GET AN INTEREST IN BUYING SOMETHING WELL OVER PRICED EVEN IF IT HAD EXTRAS THAT I ALREADY HAVE.

EVEN WHEN THE PRICE WENT DOWN I STILL CAN'T BUDGE FOR IT. SAW SOME OF THE REVIEWS ONLINE AND LOOKS LIKE THERE ARE STILL SOME GRAIN ON SOME SCENES. IF ONE EXPECTS THE FANS TO FORK THAT MUCH AT LEAST HAVE A DECENT VIDEO UPGRADE PROCESS ALL THE WAY THROUGH. ALSO NO SUBTITLES.

I AM HAPPY WITH WHAT I CURRENTLY HAVE OF THE MACROSS BOX SET OF EARLY 00'S. THOUGHT I HAVE NOT POPPED THE CD IN THE PLAYER IN A LOOOONG WHILE.

I kind of agree with you here...the Blu-Ray box is pretty damn expensive (I assume it's paying for the life-size VF-25 that's been making the rounds lately) and I'm happy enough with my Bandai 2008 Macross DVD set.

AnimEigo did an AMAZING job on their set, but, to me, everything looks too bright and "primary" on their set. I prefer the 2008 set (although, of course, it doesn't have subtitles).

As I said elsewhere, I don't have the AnimEigo remaster with me, so if you could post some pics from that, I'll gladly post the corresponding shots from the 2008 DVD and the recent BD, for comparison.
11 years 9 months ago #19410

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I kind of agree with you here...the Blu-Ray box is pretty damn expensive (I assume it's paying for the life-size VF-25 that's been making the rounds lately) and I'm happy enough with my Bandai 2008 Macross DVD set.

AnimEigo did an AMAZING job on their set, but, to me, everything looks too bright and "primary" on their set. I prefer the 2008 set (although, of course, it doesn't have subtitles).

As I said elsewhere, I don't have the AnimEigo remaster with me, so if you could post some pics from that, I'll gladly post the corresponding shots from the 2008 DVD and the recent BD, for comparison.

OH YEAH.

THAT'S THE ONLY COPY THAT I OWE AS THE WHOLE 9 DISC BOX SET. NEVER WENT WRONG WITH THAT.

STILL SHOW IT OFF FOR FANS WHO ALSO LIKE MACROSS AT THE RT FANDOM BOOTH.

WILL POST THOSE LATER THEN.
11 years 9 months ago #19411

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

THAT'S THE ONLY COPY THAT I OWE AS THE WHOLE 9 DISC BOX SET. NEVER WENT WRONG WITH THAT.

Knowing MEMO, he'll post pics that I'll need split-second timing to get matching images for... :P

But really, from my understanding (and correct me if I'm wrong), HG really screwed AnimEigo over. AnimEigo wanted to restore Macross, HG gave them their masters (for a fee, of course), which were quite badly deteriorated. AnimEigo spent quite a bit of money (I don't know the actual figure, but I've heard it was in the millions) restoring the footage. AnimEigo wanted to do a dub. HG forbade it. AnimEigo released their subs-only set, and sold it for a year or so. Then HG yanked the license, gave it to ADV, allowed ADV to do a dub (and ADV released it, despite the fact that AnimEigo had released their version less than three years before), and then HG used the AnimEigo-remastered footage for Robotech Remastered, giving AnimEigo nothing in return.

Am I right about that?
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gubaba.
11 years 9 months ago #19412

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

Quick question Gubaba, is this SDF Macross BD set of a 720p or 1080p resolution?
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
11 years 9 months ago #19415

Gubaba wrote:

But really, from my understanding (and correct me if I'm wrong), HG really screwed AnimEigo over. AnimEigo wanted to restore Macross, HG gave them their masters (for a fee, of course), which were quite badly deteriorated. AnimEigo spent quite a bit of money (I don't know the actual figure, but I've heard it was in the millions) restoring the footage. AnimEigo wanted to do a dub. HG forbade it. AnimEigo released their subs-only set, and sold it for a year or so. Then HG yanked the license, gave it to ADV, allowed ADV to do a dub (and ADV released it, despite the fact that AnimEigo had released their version less than three years before), and then HG used the AnimEigo-remastered footage for Robotech Remastered, giving AnimEigo nothing in return.

Am I right about that?

WHO YOU SOURCING? LINKS MAN, LINKS.
11 years 9 months ago #19421

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: The Super Dimension Fortress Macross television series gets BD boxset.

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Knowing MEMO, he'll post pics that I'll need split-second timing to get matching images for... :P

Am I right about that?

Well then glad that was my very first purchase from Robotech.com the Macross AnimEigo set!
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
11 years 9 months ago #19423

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

Am I right about that?

WHO YOU SOURCING? LINKS MAN, LINKS.

Well...the fact that you didn't outright deny it leads me to believe that I'm on the right track...

As for sources, It was mostly stuff that I read back in 2001~2004, either talking to people "in the biz" at cons, or reading articles (that are now mostly dead links).

Anyway, then, if I'm wrong...what happened? Why did AnimEigo give up a license that gave them a series "that was more popular than their wildest expectations" ?

Do you have any facts that would explain this? I'll be glad to admit I'm wrong, if you've got the facts.
11 years 9 months ago #19448

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds