• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:anime/manga under 18 censor amendment in Japan

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

GUBABA

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I NEVER BOUGHT THE REMASTERED.

BESIDES THE BAD AUDIO, ONE OF THE PROBLEMS WERE THE EXTRAS. SOME STUFF I THINK SHOULD STILL HAVE BEEN KEPT OUT OR NOT NEEDED. ROY FLYBY WAS COOL. BUT THE BATH SCENES TO ME WAS JUST EXTRAS NOT NEEDED.

I STAY WITH THE LEGACY. AS A CONSUMER I DECIDED NOT TO SUPPORT BY NOT BUYING THE REMASTERED.

But you think it's okay for other people to choose to buy it? You don't think stricter legislation is needed against things like that?

IT'S THEIR CONSUMER CHOICE. AND THERE IS ALREADY A STRICT LEGISLATION HERE IN THE STATES THAT DEAL WITH THINGS LIKE THAT. MUCH MORE STRICTER WITH WHAT IS IN JAPAN.

Then why is legislation needed to deal with the extremely short, unexplicit shot of Ranka, but not the more explicit (and more numerous) shots of Annie?
13 years 8 months ago #13213

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:anime/manga under 18 censor amendment in Japan

GUBABA

Then why is legislation needed to deal with the extremely short, unexplicit shot of Ranka, but not the more explicit (and more numerous) shots of Annie?

FIRST, WHAT SHOT OF RANKA YOU TALKING ABOUT?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 8 months ago #13217

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

GUBABA

FIRST, WHAT SHOT OF RANKA YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Same one you were talking about (I believe). The giant, glowing, nippleless astral projection Ranka that shows up for two seconds in the final episode.
13 years 8 months ago #13219

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:anime/manga under 18 censor amendment in Japan

This points out exactly why this thread was started in the first place...people trying to create an issue for Macross that doesn't exist. Making stupid comments like BW and Bandai not seeing any wrong in certain issues not related, and Macross not having to abide by the same restrictions really comes off as not only ignorant, but whiny and pointless. Then, someone points out the issues that are in Robotech remastered, and all-of-a sudden, that's ok. I agree Memo, the Remastered didn't need all the extra footage, nor did the first disc need to have the top menu show Minmay's rear end taking a shower over and over again.

I don't care if you're conservative on this issue or not. What is embarassing is seeing fellow Robotech fans pick and choose what is OK on this subject based on wether it be Robotech or Macross. I'm glad this site isn't too well known, cause I'd be even more embarassed to know that this is how Robotech fans are being represented.
13 years 8 months ago #13222

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:anime/manga under 18 censor amendment in Japan

Towgrin wrote:

I don't care if you're conservative on this issue or not. What is embarassing is seeing fellow Robotech fans pick and choose what is OK on this subject based on wether it be Robotech or Macross. I'm glad this site isn't too well known, cause I'd be even more embarassed to know that this is how Robotech fans are being represented.

BUT YOU LOVE BEING IN THE MIDDLE OF ALL OF IT... :blink:

Gubaba

THE JAPAN REASON IS RIGHT THERE. DID YOU READ IT?

FOR ANNIE, THERE IS ALREADY LEGISLATION DEALING WITH THINGS LIKE THAT. FOR ME, AS A CONSUMER, I TAKE IT A STEP FURTHER BY NOT PURCHASING IT. NOT INTO THOSE THINGS.

NOW DO YOU LIKE THOSE THINGS GUBABA?
13 years 8 months ago #13227

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:anime/manga under 18 censor amendment in Japan

Towgrin wrote;

This points out exactly why this thread was started in the first place...people trying to create an issue for Macross that doesn't exist. Making stupid comments like BW and Bandai not seeing any wrong in certain issues not related,

Not really, more like a need for this kind of legislation to prevent something like this occurring;

www.kanojotoys.com/FR-kannagi-itsuki-bod...low-cover-p-424.html

Quoted from the above article is this;

She's one of the hotttest characters out there, and now you can go to bed with her anytime you want! The Kannagi Itsuki Body Pillow Cover is one of our best body pillows, and is extremely limited in production!

Now do you think this is normal, especially for anime? Do you think this kind of behavior should be endorsed? Encouraging sex with a body pillow featuring your favorite anime character!!! Sounds ridiculous to me don't you think?

Then you have this;

youbentmywookie.com/wtf/korean-otaku-mar...ime-body-pillow-8408

Quoted from the link above;

According to the report, Anime body pillows have become an underground trend, especially in Japan, where men and young boys form relationships with them.

This isn’t the first time someone has married an anime-inspired object. In November 2009, a Japanese man married his virtual girlfriend from a Nintendo DS romance simulator in Gwam.

An online petition has even formed with over 500 signatures, calling on the Japanese government to officially recognize people’s right to marry two-dimensional characters.

“We’ve no interest in the 3D. If we could, we’d like to live in a 2D world.”

Oh WOW, I won't even elaborate what these people are actually thinking about when they're with their significant other (Body pillow) that is.... Can they be really serious about this? :laugh:

So they can't have their anime character can they, fan service wasnt' enough. Was it the anime that encourage this kind of behavior?

And of course its not limited to Kannagi Itsuki, Macross Frontier has their own line of Body Pillows to satisfy the needs of lonely otakus everywhere;

www.akiba-station.com/blog/?p=4120

I sure hope they put these body pillows in the laundry regularly.

C'mon now, you can see why enough is enough on this issue, there are too many people who are detached from reality.

Such legislation is needed for obvious reasons!

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by MaverickLSC.
13 years 8 months ago #13228

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:anime/manga under 18 censor amendment in Japan

I never said that type of behavior should be endorsed, but again, you're trying to pin that on a franchise that isn't even mentioned in the article. You're also making a lot of assumptions, by trying to make a connection to the Macross pillow casing, and suggesting that they're a problem.

At the base of this, the fact that you've only made this argument for one franchise, and fail to say anything about the direction Robotech has gone, only proves the reason for this entire thread. I'm not big on the fan service thing, especially when it's overly gratuitous, but if I'm gonna call it for one thing, I'm gonna call it across the board. You're trying to make an argument here, but still trying to play it one sided, and it's deflating the argument you have and invalidating the points you're trying to make.

Macross does have some fan service, there's no doubt about that, but if you're gonna try to inflate that into this for the sake of putting it down over Robotech, well, they've got their own fan service issues. As Robotech fans, perhaps we should look in our own backyard first. But if you can't see that, then I think there are other issues that need to be resolved here.
13 years 8 months ago #13229

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MaverickLSC wrote:

stuff

Uh, Mav...could you lead me through your argument step-by-step, please? Because it seems to me you're conflating a couple of issues that have nothing to do with Macross, and bending over backwards to make them fit.

And just to be clear, do you approve of nude Annie in Robotech Remastered? And if not, why are not advocating legislation to put a stop to it?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

NOW DO YOU LIKE THOSE THINGS GUBABA?

Again...nice try, Memo. :P

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

THE JAPAN REASON IS RIGHT THERE. DID YOU READ IT?

FOR ANNIE, THERE IS ALREADY LEGISLATION DEALING WITH THINGS LIKE THAT. FOR ME, AS A CONSUMER, I TAKE IT A STEP FURTHER BY NOT PURCHASING IT. NOT INTO THOSE THINGS.

Ah, so legislation is in place in the US. So, under US law, Robotech Remastered is not illegal, or else it never would have been released. Am I right about that?
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Gubaba.
13 years 8 months ago #13230

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by save on topic Re:anime/manga under 18 censor amendment in Japan

Here is a free one for you RT morality guys watch Macross Dynamite 7 episode 2. It is chop full of under aged in your face nudity Elma bathing with Basara. Basara is totally infatuated with the Graham character and they have a long staring contest nude, very boys love. Then there is a scene where Mylene is drugged and almost raped by an older woman. This all happens in a span of 10min and is 100 times worse than anything you guys are trying to frame on Frontier series or movie.

If you guys were seriously bothered by "this type of behavior" then you should have said something years ago when Dynamite 7 was released or anytime between then and now. Your problem isn't with morality in current anime your problem is with Frontier's international success with 0% international marketing behind it.
Make Protoculture not War!
13 years 8 months ago #13232

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

save wrote:

Here is a free one for you RT morality guys watch Macross Dynamite 7 episode 2. It is chop full of under aged in your face nudity Elma bathing with Basara. Basara is totally infatuated with the Graham character and they have a long staring contest nude, very boys love. Then there is a scene where Mylene is drugged and almost raped by an older woman. This all happens in a span of 10min and is 100 times worse than anything you guys are trying to frame on Frontier series or movie.

If you guys were seriously bothered by "this type of behavior" then you should have said something years ago when Dynamite 7 was released or anytime between then and now. Your problem isn't with morality in current anime your problem is with Frontier's international success with 0% international marketing behind it.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL NO!

AIN'T WATCHING MAC 7. ONE EPISODE IS ENOUGH. :P

Towgrin

At the base of this, the fact that you've only made this argument for one franchise, and fail to say anything about the direction Robotech has gone, only proves the reason for this entire thread.

WRONG.

THE BASE OF THE CONTINUED DISCUSSION IS FOR WHAT GUBABA SAID HERE ON HIS FIRST POST IN HIS FIRST THREAD... OF COURSE YOU PROBABLY OVERSAW THAT. FIGURED GUBABA WAS JUST MESSING AROUND BUT SINCE HE BROUGHT THE SUBJECT OVER TO TAKE THE SERIOUS ROUTE IS WHY WE ALL HERE POSTING. :P

www.robotechx.com/forums/32-macross/1318...frontier-movies.html

And since it seems to be an unwritten rule that any discussion of Macross on this forum MUST include a lot of hand-wringing, finger-pointing, and mountain-out-of-molehill-making by the Concerned Mothers of America stand-ins

GUBABA

Again...nice try, Memo.

I TAKE THAT AS A YES. ;)

HEY, NO BIG DEAL. YOU HAVE YOUR THINGS OF WHAT YOU LIKE. SO DOES ON THE ROBOTECH SIDE. I HEARD MIXED REVIEWS ON THE SUBJECT OF THE EXTRAS BUT MORE SO ON THE AUDIO PROBLEMS OF THE RE MASTERED.

OVERALL WHAT HAPPENS IN JAPAN IS WHAT SAVE POSTED EARLIER ABOUT IMAGES SPLASHED EVERYWHERE AND PARENTS THERE WITH MORALS HAD ENOUGH. WHAT WAS CONSIDER OK, REGARDLESS OF MACROSS OR NOT, CHANGES ARE WANTED BY THE "CONCERNED MOTHERS OF JAPAN".
13 years 8 months ago #13235

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds