Mospeada on Blu-Ray

• Waters7
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Waters7 on topic Re: Mospeada on Blu-Ray

Gubaba wrote:

Strange...usually when Memo cites news, he credits the person who brought the news to the site.

This time, he didn't:
www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=2152730&forumid=31
I wonder why...?

Also, he MUST know that Macross TV has already been released in Blu-Ray. Came out nearly two months ago, as a matter of fact.

Why didn't he mention that...?

You just stole this from my hands!!! :lol:
It's funny he also mentions that this release might be affecting the release of RLLA just like I did ;)
11 years 9 months ago #19335

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Mospeada on Blu-Ray

SORRY GUYS.

CHINESE BEAT YOU TO THE PUNCH ON LETTING ME KNOW. WAS WAITING ON SOME CONFIRMATION.

LIKE IF LLA IS ALSO BEING DONE BY TATSUNOKO.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 9 months ago #19345

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Mospeada on Blu-Ray

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

SORRY GUYS.

CHINESE BEAT YOU TO THE PUNCH ON LETTING ME KNOW. WAS WAITING ON SOME CONFIRMATION.

Sure, sure... :P

But I'm still unsure why you're waiting for Macross to be released on Blu-ray...it was released two months ago.
11 years 9 months ago #19348

• Waters7
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Waters7 on topic Re: Mospeada on Blu-Ray

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

SORRY GUYS.

Let me bring out my Rosetta Stone to figure this out... ;)
According to you, "chinese" is saying that Tatsunoko is producing the Blu-Ray (not Blue Ray like you stated at Robotech.com) and you are hoping that Tatsunoko will also produce a Blu-Ray for both Southern Cross and Macross for international distribution?

I know my japanese is not that good but as far as I could read, I'm under the impression that it is a studio known as Shochiku (based on Gubaba's link and your's over at Robotech.com) that is producing and handling the MOSPEADA release along with another 10 Tatsunoko series and not Tatsunoko itself.

Now, As far as the distribution itself is concerned, I understand that Tatsunoko does not produce nor distributes DVDs or Blu-Rays, this practice is handled by a licensee or third party with a license to produce and distribute (in more layman terms), like in the case of the MOSPEADA DVD set that was produced and distributed by Columbia Music Entertainment.

Bandai Visual already has a Blu Ray set of Macross which was produced and is being distributed under a license from Big West like Gubaba said, it was released almost 2 months ago.
We all know that Tatsunko and Big West do not get along as far as international markets go so I don't see a re-release of this set happening outside of Japan any time in the future and besides, if Tatsunoko (or HG for that matter) want to release their own Blu Ray set of Macross, Southern Cross or MOSPEADA outside of Japan, won't they need a partner like Funimation to produce and distribute it? Because as far as I know, HG does not handle production nor distribution of DVD's either and there are a few japanese companies that do production and distribution work outside of Japan.
And by the way, with producing I mean doing the legwork of remastering the animation to Blu-Ray standards and everything that is involved with this process (just like Animeigo did with the Macross DVD set and ADV Films with the MOSPEADA and Southern Cross DVD sets).

I wonder what is the source that "chinese" used for this because he or she is way off as far as who is doing what for this MOSEPADA release ;)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Waters7.
11 years 9 months ago #19350

Waters7 wrote:

I wonder what is the source that "chinese" used for this because he or she is way off as far as who is doing what for this MOSEPADA release ;)

SIMPLIFYING IT DOWN. WHO DID WHAT IS JUST EXTRA.
11 years 9 months ago #19353

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Again, Memo, why are you asking IF Macross will be released on Blu-Ray, when you know as well as I do that it was released two months ago?
11 years 9 months ago #19389

Gubaba wrote:

Again, Memo, why are you asking IF Macross will be released on Blu-Ray, when you know as well as I do that it was released two months ago?

TATSUNOKO RELEASED ONE?
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 9 months ago #19398

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

TATSUNOKO RELEASED ONE?

Um, no... and they won't, because Bandai Visual released it.
11 years 9 months ago #19399

AH. NOW YOU SEE WHY I ASK FOR TATSUNOKO SINCE THEY COULD DO AN INTERNATIONAL RELEASE.

BUT ONLY WITH A GOOD CONVERSION.

DOES BANDAI HAVE A CONVERSION FOR THE BLUE RAY RELEASE?
11 years 9 months ago #19402

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

AH. NOW YOU SEE WHY I ASK FOR TATSUNOKO SINCE THEY COULD DO AN INTERNATIONAL RELEASE.

I'm not sure how Shochiku releasing it means more (or less) chance of an international release than Bandai releasing it. Bandai doesn't have a US arm of operations anymore, but Shochiku doesn't, either.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

BUT ONLY WITH A GOOD CONVERSION.

DOES BANDAI HAVE A CONVERSION FOR THE BLUE RAY RELEASE?

Conversion to what? I'm confused again.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gubaba.
11 years 9 months ago #19403

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds