Mospeada on Blu-Ray

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Mospeada on Blu-Ray

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

AH. NOW YOU SEE WHY I ASK FOR TATSUNOKO SINCE THEY COULD DO AN INTERNATIONAL RELEASE.

I'm not sure how Shochiku releasing it means more (or less) chance of an international release than Bandai releasing it. Bandai doesn't have a US arm of operations anymore, but Shochiku doesn't, either.

NOT SHOCHIKU DIRECTLY. BUT PASS IT ON BACK TO TATSU THEN TO HG WHO WOULD IN TURN GO WITH ANT DISTRIBUTOR IT SO DESIRES. EITHER FUNIMATION OR A&E.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

BUT ONLY WITH A GOOD CONVERSION.

DOES BANDAI HAVE A CONVERSION FOR THE BLUE RAY RELEASE?

Conversion to what? I'm confused again.[/quote]
VIDEO QUALITY.

IS THE VIDEO LOOKS STILL THE SAME AS WHEN IT WAS SOLD BY ANEMIGO AND ADV WHEN IT WAS DONE IN THE EARLY 00'S?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 9 months ago #19405

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Mospeada on Blu-Ray

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

NOT SHOCHIKU DIRECTLY. BUT PASS IT ON BACK TO TATSU THEN TO HG WHO WOULD IN TURN GO WITH ANT DISTRIBUTOR IT SO DESIRES. EITHER FUNIMATION OR A&E.

I suppose it's possible...personally, I'm not holding my breath, though.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

VIDEO QUALITY.

IS THE VIDEO LOOKS STILL THE SAME AS WHEN IT WAS SOLD BY ANEMIGO AND ADV WHEN IT WAS DONE IN THE EARLY 00'S?

No, it's been completely remastered for Blu-Ray. It's not even the same as the Bandai remaster from 2008 (which itself was different than the AnimEigo remaster).

A lot of the texture has been captured...in some scenes, you can actually see the acetate from the cell.

EDIT: some screenshots (And I'm using the 2008 Bandai DVD set 'cause I don't have the AnimEigo set here with me... But anyway, although I think the AnimEigo set looks stunning, I prefer the softer tones of the Bandai set) -

DVD:

BD:

DVD:

BD:

DVD:

BD:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Gubaba.
11 years 9 months ago #19407

NICE.

NOW LETS SEE HOW THE MOSPEADA BLUE RAY TURNS OUT.
11 years 9 months ago #19408

• Waters7
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Waters7 on topic Re: Mospeada on Blu-Ray

Thank you Gubaba for the pics...
Can I use your screen caps to compare them with the Animeigo DVD set?
11 years 9 months ago #19427

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Thoth-Amon on topic Re: Mospeada on Blu-Ray

In my opinion I like the DVD better the BD looks washed out and not as clear. Nice to see them side by side.
11 years 9 months ago #19428

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Mospeada on Blu-Ray

Waters7 wrote:

Thank you Gubaba for the pics...
Can I use your screen caps to compare them with the Animeigo DVD set?

Of course! :cheer:

Thoth Amon wrote:

In my opinion I like the DVD better the BD looks washed out and not as clear. Nice to see them side by side.

Hmm...then the screencaps might not be doing it justice. The Bandai DVD is a little softer and blurrier than the BD. It's EXTREMELY clear.

But, honestly, while I think the BD looks stunning, I think "softer" and "blurrier" works better. I'm happy the the BD is out, but I doubt I'll be getting it (I have no way of watching it yet, anyway), unless I find a cheap, used copy somewhere.

But anyway, I think it's kinda cool that there are three pretty vastly different remasters of Macross out on the market (although two are "Japan only," of course).
11 years 8 months ago #19470

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • There is no Robotech gospel
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: Mospeada on Blu-Ray

16mm Animation on Blu Ray just looks too good. It looks like you are watching the actual cels moving.You can see the clear sheets and the grain. I don't care for that look actually. 35mm Animation is much better for Blu Ray (AKIRA). Modern animation won't suffer that but the old stuff on 16mm just looks too weird on high def. I mean 16mm is not even up to the resolution of Blu Ray.

I will stick with my Animeigo Macross set and the two ADV sets for SC and Mospeada.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by MIlkManX.
11 years 5 months ago #19702

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: Mospeada on Blu-Ray

MIlkManX wrote:

16mm Animation on Blu Ray just looks too good. It looks like you are watching the actual cels moving.You can see the clear sheets and the grain. I don't care for that look actually. 35mm Animation is much better for Blu Ray (AKIRA). Modern animation won't suffer that but the old stuff on 16mm just looks too weird on high def. I mean 16mm is not even up to the resolution of Blu Ray.

I will stick with my Animeigo Macross set and the two ADV sets for SC and Mospeada.

I agree... I'll stick with the older sets as well.

Oh and Welcome aboard MIIkManX..
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
11 years 5 months ago #19705

Replied by Maxmapster on topic Re: Mospeada on Blu-Ray

Sounds cool, hey I saw a quick video on youtube, the macross saga, remastered and the original characters are refreshed a bit. Is there actually a new box set out for the entire series and does anyone have photo's of what these box set cases look like?
11 years 5 months ago #19706

TRY THIS LINK
www.robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=395

YOU CAN FIND THE BOX SET MORE CHEAPER ONLINE OR OTHER RETAILERS. BLACK FRIDAY IS AROUND THE CORNER AS WELL AS ONLINE MONDAY AFTER THANKSGIVING. EXPECT PRICES TO GO DOWN.
11 years 5 months ago #19708

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds