LAM SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO (STAR BLAZERS)

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

LAM SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO (STAR BLAZERS) was created by MEMO1DOMINION

OK..

SEE THIS FIRST

"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 3 months ago #8707

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:LAM SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO (STAR BLAZERS)

www.collider.com/2009/12/31/first-footag...p-****-star-blazers/

First Footage From Live Action SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO (STAR BLAZERS)
by Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub

In the age of Twitter, Facebook and instant info, it’s very rare for me to be surprised by a film in development. I think the last movie that come out of nowhere was Cloverfield. So when I was emailed a link to the first footage from a live action Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers) movie, I thought it was an April Fool’s joke.

But it wasn’t. More after the jump:

It ends up Toho in Japan have made an estimated 2 billion yen (about $20 million USD) movie based on the 70’s cartoon. While I don’t know exactly how close it’s going to follow the original storyline of the cartoon, here’s wiki’s summary of the first season: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Blazers

The plot opens in the year 2199, with planet Earth facing extinction within one year due to radioactive pollution caused by Gamilon planet bombs. A message arrives from Queen Starsha, of planet Iscandar, providing Earth with plans to build a superluminal engine and the promise that, if Earthlings can reach Iscandar, enduring what obstacles the Gamilons might put in their way, the Queen will give them a machine — the Cosmo DNA — that can neutralize the deadly radioactivity. But can the Star Force travel 148,000 light-years and back in just one Earth year? Not if the Gamilons can stop them.

According to the film’s wikipedia page, the movie is going to use this storyline, but perhaps changes have been made to tell the story in a two hour film. Also, the cartoon took place in 2199 and the film is set in 2220.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Battleship_Y...8live_action_film%29

If you grew up with Star Blazers or ever watched the cartoon, you will not believe this footage. And if you never saw the show, as someone wrote on Wikipedia:

Star Blazers was the first popular English-translated anime that had an over-arching plot and storyline that required the episodes to be shown in order. It dealt with somewhat more mature themes than other productions aimed at the same target audience at the time. As a result, it paved the way for future arc-based, plot-driven anime translations.

Space Battleship Yamato will be released in December 2010 in Japan and and it’s been directed by Takashi Yamazaki.. No word on a domestic distributor. Expect plenty of updates on this film as I get them.
14 years 3 months ago #8708

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

THIS IS MY FIRST FOLLOWING AND TOY BUYING BEFORE TRANSFORMERS AND ROBOTECH.

THERE WAS AN ANIME SHOP IN MEXICO IN A MALL IN TIJUANA WHERE THEY JUST PIMPED THE TOYS AND SERIES OUT.

IN RELATION TO THE LIVE ACTION HERE WE HAVE ANOTHER SHIP OTHER THAN WING COMMANDER. CONSIDERING THIS WILL BE OUT WAY BEFORE RLAM, I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO SEE THE SPACE BATTLES.

THE CAPTAIN SURE LOOKS MORE LIKE THE ONE FROM FRONTIER THOUGHT.
14 years 3 months ago #8709

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:LAM SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO (STAR BLAZERS)

Ok It's got my interest :D
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 3 months ago #8710

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:LAM SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO (STAR BLAZERS)

When I was kid watching Starblazers it was great.

But when I seeing all the details in Yamato and macross,It almost seems macross is a continuation of Yamato Starblazers,Same captain uniforms,same big blasting gun.So many things in macross universe seen that resembles Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers themes and ideas.

Anyway back to the subject,Who do you think the enemies going to be? The comet empire or the same old Gamalons (spell)?

Who could be arrogent like Khyron,,,Oops I mean The Mighty Deslok?
14 years 3 months ago #8711

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:LAM SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO (STAR BLAZERS)

This looks very interesting. I've never seen the original.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 3 months ago #8713

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

SIGH

This looks very interesting. I've never seen the original.

BEFORE MACROSS (JAPAN) I THOUGHT THAT ROBOTECH WAS AN EXACT COPY OF SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO. WHY SOME OF THE CHARACTERS IN RT ALMOST LOOK THE SAME. JUST WITH THE SINGING. A BATTLE FORTRESS IN SPACE FIGHTING OFF AN ALIEN RACE.

SO WHY I WAS ABLE TO GET INTO ROBOTECH. I AM GLAD THAT SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO BEAT BOTH RT AND MACROSS TO THE BIG SCREEN. THAT SERIES DESERVES IT'S DUES AS A SERIES BEFORE ROBOTECH AND MACROSS. AND YOU CAN SEE HOW THE CAPTAIN RESEMBLES ONE OF THE CAPTAINS IN MACROSS FRONTIER.
14 years 3 months ago #8714

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by SDF1A on topic Re:LAM SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO (STAR BLAZERS)

Looks pretty good. I used to watch Starblazers before going to school. Starblazers was my favorite show til Robotech came along.
"We are the music makers and the dreamers of dreams"= W. Wonka
14 years 3 months ago #8732

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Juan on topic Re:LAM SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO (STAR BLAZERS)

se ve bien bueno a ver como les va
14 years 3 months ago #8735

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:LAM SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO (STAR BLAZERS)

I just watched some for the first time in 30 years.There is a DVD that has just the first 5 episodes.Not really breath taking but still enjoyable.For all those who enjoyed it you might find it at a Fry's electronic or other dvd shop somewhere.

On a side note,
Anyone who watched the show recently noticed alot of similarities to Robotech/macross?

Big giant ship rebuilt from rubbish

Planet bombed by multi colored skinned aliens

Big ship has a big powerful blaster main gun.

Captains are similar.

Wildstar and Hunter/Ichijo look the same

Deslock the same as Robotech's/macross' Khyron

Seems like big west ripped off ideas alot earlier.And they say Robotech and HG can't do anything original.

Well,
Space Battleship Macross,,oops I mean Space Battleship Yamato deserves its thunder as a LAM.I hope it comes to the U.S. because that short clip looks awesome.

Peace out folks,
14 years 3 months ago #8754

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds