Gundam

• buffalostyle
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Addicted to Protoculture
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by buffalostyle on topic Re:Gundam

Seto Kaiba wrote:

What bumped Gundam up on my list of top anime titles was the MS IGLOO series. After that I dug into the Universal Century bigtime.

For being as big a fan of the UC timelime as I am, I have yet to see MS IGLOO. Looks like I am going to have to find it soon.
-buffalostyle
www.flickr.com/groups/1739199@N25/ Robotech Appreciation Flickr group
Member of the A.k.L.(Anti-kyle League)
14 years 7 months ago #6442

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Gundam

Seto Kaiba wrote:

SIGHUP wrote:

Where were you when I started to watch!!

Depending on when you started... either in the midwest, in the UK, or in Nagano, why?

It was rhetorical. I meant because you could have told me where to start

There were so many series that I decided to stop watching. But good show.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 7 months ago #6448

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Gundam

I agree that first original Gundam series is a good place to start. As you watch you may see that there are series you'll like and series you won't. If you don't like one, mmove to another, and if you feel compelled go back.

The first Gundam anime I saw was Char's Counterattack. I had the first two parts of the movie, but it took forever for the company to release the third and final part of the movie. Then I saw Gundam Wing, but I hated that series =P I've seen various movies/series since then. I've read some of the manga series as well.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 7 months ago #6479

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Gundam

buffalostyle wrote:

For being as big a fan of the UC timelime as I am, I have yet to see MS IGLOO. Looks like I am going to have to find it soon.

You'll definitely enjoy MS IGLOO: the Hidden One Year War and MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079, both of which depict the war from Zeon's side. MS IGLOO 2: The Gravity Front is kind of weak by comparison, since it's told from the Feddie point of view, but doesn't feature any Federation mobile suits until the very last episode.

Each installment is 3eps long, and all are available in fansubs, tho I hear the first two are coming out on DVD next year.
14 years 7 months ago #6495

• buffalostyle
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Addicted to Protoculture

Replied by buffalostyle on topic Re:Gundam

Seto Kaiba wrote:

buffalostyle wrote:

You'll definitely enjoy MS IGLOO: the Hidden One Year War and MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079, both of which depict the war from Zeon's side. MS IGLOO 2: The Gravity Front is kind of weak by comparison, since it's told from the Feddie point of view, but doesn't feature any Federation mobile suits until the very last episode.

Each installment is 3eps long, and all are available in fansubs, tho I hear the first two are coming out on DVD next year.

Thanks for the info, Seto. Looks like I'm gonna have to put my fansub pimp to work on getting those for me. Gotta have more Gundam!!! Especially if it is UC timeline.
-buffalostyle
www.flickr.com/groups/1739199@N25/ Robotech Appreciation Flickr group
Member of the A.k.L.(Anti-kyle League)
14 years 6 months ago #6529

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Gundam

buffalostyle wrote:

Thanks for the info, Seto. Looks like I'm gonna have to put my fansub pimp to work on getting those for me. Gotta have more Gundam!!! Especially if it is UC timeline.

I think the only fansub group that did the MS IGLOO shows was GG Fansubs, there're batch torrents on BxT.
14 years 6 months ago #6537

Replied by Fuzzy on topic Re:Gundam

Okk... how crazy is this?: Apparently Andrew WK is releasing a CD of covers of english Gundam songs!

the things one learns from watching Adult Swim

Edit: Saw the ad for it again. Apparently the name of the album is: Gundam Rocks
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Fuzzy.
14 years 6 months ago #6549

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Gundam

I gotta throw my two cents in, here...

Thanks to Seto and a good mutual friend (TheBlueMax on RT.com), I've gotten hooked on UC Gundam stuff, too.

My absolute favorite is The 08th MS Team, followed closely by the Igloo stuff. Now, if they'd just redo 08th MS tem in the Igloo style, I'd be in heaven!

As for my favorite mecha? RX-79(G) FTW!!!
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 6 months ago #6627

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Gundam

Viper wrote:

I gotta throw my two cents in, here...

Thanks to Seto and a good mutual friend (TheBlueMax on RT.com), I've gotten hooked on UC Gundam stuff, too.

My absolute favorite is The 08th MS Team, followed closely by the Igloo stuff. Now, if they'd just redo 08th MS tem in the Igloo style, I'd be in heaven!

As for my favorite mecha? RX-79(G) FTW!!!

Yeah boi! We have the same taste. Interested in Igloo since you liked the 08th. Might check it out.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 6 months ago #6634

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Gundam

Igloo's good, really good, but all the episodes end on 'Greek Drama' style endings, and they're real downers. Also, like SK said, in the second 'season', there's hardly any Federation mobile suits until the third episode, and even then, they're GM-79s, which made me a bit grumpy.

All in all, they're worth a look-up. I enjoyed them.
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 6 months ago #6635

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds