Gundam

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:Gundam

Well the first episode of Unicorn Gundam UC is out. And i just watched it.

First of as a mecha animator, all i can say is they did an amazing job. It was a real treat to watch it in High Definition.

The mobile suit movement is incredible realistic. And all the ships and mecha are presented in Cell Shading tehniques. And the Unicorn Startup sequence (partialy 3D) from the end.. Briliant. The soundtrack was very good as well.

I will definetly be picking up the Bluray release.

Here are some screengrabs i took.

My recomendation is.. A Must see..
14 years 2 months ago #10227

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Gundam

LAST I HAVE SEEN WAS GUNDAM WING
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #10232

Hehe... Gundam Wing is sooooooooo oooold :) 1994. Lots of Gundam series and movies out since then.

This year they will release the Unicorn OVa series, and the 00 Gundam animated Feature ....

14 years 2 months ago #10235

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Gundam

UEG_Productions wrote:

Well the first episode of Unicorn Gundam UC is out. And i just watched it.

First of as a mecha animator, all i can say is they did an amazing job. It was a real treat to watch it in High Definition.

The mobile suit movement is incredible realistic. And all the ships and mecha are presented in Cell Shading tehniques. And the Unicorn Startup sequence (partialy 3D) from the end.. Briliant. The soundtrack was very good as well.

I will definetly be picking up the Bluray release.

Here are some screengrabs i took.

My recomendation is.. A Must see..

Unicorn is quite amazing. Great battles, an intricate plot that promises to tie together a lot of the loose ends of the U.C. stories...I feel totally pandered to by it...and I love it!!
14 years 1 month ago #11005

Replied by sorral on topic Re:Gundam

I finally started watching the original Gundam series on YouTube, seen the first 3 episodes and now I can not find it anymore. They must have pulled it from the YouTube series. :(
"Guns don't kill, husbands that come home early do"....Larry the Cable Guy
14 years 1 month ago #11011

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

sorral wrote:

I finally started watching the original Gundam series on YouTube, seen the first 3 episodes and now I can not find it anymore. They must have pulled it from the YouTube series. :(

www.amazon.com/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Vol-Ba...id=1269793204&sr=1-9

:)
14 years 1 month ago #11014

Here is the official Gundam Series Streaming info page

www.b-ch.com/contents/gundam-unicorn/

You can see the full schedule there, and acording to it you can still catch the good old 0079 on AnimeNewsNetwork and Crynchyroll..

www.animenewsnetwork.com/video/6079/
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by UEG_Productions.
14 years 1 month ago #11019

Replied by Revan-Tam on topic Re:Gundam

just finished watching Gundam 00
have to get it on dvd eventually when prices drop. just ordered Robot Spirit figures of Seravee, 00, and 0 Raiser
sure keep shooting...that will make things better
14 years 2 weeks ago #11870

• gundam_gp02
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by gundam_gp02 on topic Re:Gundam

I have seen gundam UC in both langues and I have to say I am very let down. I had to think about it for a couple of days before deciding to post on this topic because I understand this is a robotech site but because it is up i will take my stab at it. I being a gundam fan can understand why bandie chose to go back 2 UC for gundam UC. Its called running out of steam, still wanting to make money off of those model kits and not allowing your product be forgotten. This did almost happens to the company before. With the first gudnam no less.

Now lets fast forward to the here and now. This gundam show is nothing more then trying to shroud legend in even more legend. With Char and the gundam unicorn. Thats the first thing that is wrong with it. The second thing that is wrong with it is the gundam it self. I mean just look at that thing called the gundam unicorn. It look really silly and doesn't even look like part of the UC time line and looks like it belong the the turn a gundam timeline. The story tellers they to explain away the "transformation" that the gundam has with the New type abilities. But I have to ask what is it transforming into and what was it transforming from?

Another problem that you see is how the battles take place. The RGZ-95 model having it nuke reactor hit! When have you ever seen that happen in gundam before. That was talked bout once in 8th ms team. However nowhere else in the history of gundam do you see that happen. If that is going to be the case where the nuke reactor go off then in the next show I hope someone has enough sense to allow a mobile suit to get next to the gundam unicorn and then blast its nuke reactor.

Now what I did like about the show was its music. Great music...but like 00 and seed this has just become one more let down. It could be the fact that I could just be out growing gundam that is meant for today audience or it could be that they need to just stop pushing gundam out ever 2 years and take a look back and see what has allowed gundam to become as big as it is today.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11999

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

gundam_gp02 wrote:

I have seen gundam UC in both langues and I have to say I am very let down. I had to think about it for a couple of days before deciding to post on this topic because I understand this is a robotech site but because it is up i will take my stab at it. I being a gundam fan can understand why bandie chose to go back 2 UC for gundam UC. Its called running out of steam, still wanting to make money off of those model kits and not allowing your product be forgotten. This did almost happens to the company before. With the first gudnam no less.

I'm not sure what you're referring to...yeah, the first Gundam was cancelled during its first run, but it immediately gained a following in re-runs in less than a year. And that's when Bandai STARTED making the model kits. It's been continually successful since then.

And anyway, that's not what happened here. The Unicorn novels started coming out a few years ago, and they were so popular that Bandai decided to make an anime of them.

gundam_gp02 wrote:

Now lets fast forward to the here and now. This gundam show is nothing more then trying to shroud legend in even more legend. With Char and the gundam unicorn. Thats the first thing that is wrong with it. The second thing that is wrong with it is the gundam it self. I mean just look at that thing called the gundam unicorn. It look really silly and doesn't even look like part of the UC time line and looks like it belong the the turn a gundam timeline. The story tellers they to explain away the "transformation" that the gundam has with the New type abilities. But I have to ask what is it transforming into and what was it transforming from?

Looks like a traditional Gundam to me:

I'm not sure what you mean by "trying to shroud a legend in even more legend." Could you explain a little more?

Also, I don't think what it does could be called a "transformation." It seems more like a power-up.

gundam_gp02 wrote:

Another problem that you see is how the battles take place. The RGZ-95 model having it nuke reactor hit! When have you ever seen that happen in gundam before. That was talked bout once in 8th ms team. However nowhere else in the history of gundam do you see that happen. If that is going to be the case where the nuke reactor go off then in the next show I hope someone has enough sense to allow a mobile suit to get next to the gundam unicorn and then blast its nuke reactor.

:huh:

Umm...I'm not sure how to respond to this. ALL mobile suits in (at least in the UC timeline, I haven't seen any of the AUs) have nuclear reactors. And in the VERY FIRST EPISODE of Mobile Suit Gundam (and the first Gundam movie, of course), Amuro slices through a Zaku, causing its reactor to go critical and blow a hole in the colony. He even talks about not wanting to hit the reactor on the next one he takes down...

gundam_gp02 wrote:

Now what I did like about the show was its music. Great music...but like 00 and seed this has just become one more let down. It could be the fact that I could just be out growing gundam that is meant for today audience or it could be that they need to just stop pushing gundam out ever 2 years and take a look back and see what has allowed gundam to become as big as it is today.

A lot of Gundam stuff is pure cash-grab. Unicorn isn't, though. As I said, it's based on the novels, not on some Bandai marketing planner deicded how best to move product. And anyway, even if it were, it seems to be working. Unicorn Volume 1 has been a huge best-seller on Blu-ray.

Also...I realize that English probably isn't your first language, and that's okay...but it's really difficult to figure out what you're saying at times. If you could be a little clearer, I'd appreciate it. Thanks. :)
14 years 2 weeks ago #12003

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds