Gundam

• gundam_gp02
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by gundam_gp02 on topic Re:Gundam

[post deleted]
Last edit: 14 years 1 day ago by SIGHUP.
14 years 1 day ago #12007

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Gundam

gundam_gp02 wrote:

Never said it wasn't a novel, never said it didn't make money. I just simply said that it wasn't impressive. If you can't see the transformation of the gundam unicorn I really don't know what to tell you there. I saw it and all i could as my self was "why". I mean it did save the pilot form the funnels. Beside the pic you show is only ONE form of the unit. Any time you go from one from to another when it is a mecha we normally call that a transformation. Plus Gundam wise there is nothing impressive about that gundam in the UC universe.

Base on how this story go you have Char, Aumro and the rest. Nu Gundam was 2 years before unicorn. There is no way that they are going to be able to explain away the power of new types or the "powers" they mobile suits have because of them. That was already explain in the T-frame. I am assuming that you know what that is. If you don't then there is no point in taking further about this. If you do know what it is then you already see how pointless gundam unicorn is in UC timeline.

As for the nuke reactor watch 8th ms team agen. The do talk about it there. The whole reason why the general was sending the rx79 ground mobile suits into the zeon tunnels was because they had nuke reactors. The idea was that they would explode and then you would have a nice big boom. Now I do have a problem with this because a mini nuke reactor should be able to crank out more power then the ms generators do. However Gundam unicorn seized on this in the name of "this is war". My problem is with the nuke explosion inside the colony. Your piont even backs up my claims. The fact that you have all these mobile suit getting cut in have and no nuke explosions. Then agen it has NEVER been stated that the zaku has a nuke reactor either.

As we all know Gundam has go through its ups and downs. As much as I like Gundam shows they seem to be short lived by most no matter how good they are. Gundam 00 might have done much better then it has if it just didn't have that poor ending with the drones and what not. I really don't think I need to talk about seed. The sad thing is you can put them both together and wing is still more iconic then both...what does that tell you about the state of gundam.

I hope that you can understand that the success of a show is not about how great it did when it was released but how it will be remember when you haven't seen anything new come out for a while like 10 to 20 years. So tell do you really think that gundam unicorn is going to have that great success and be remember like robotech has been or will it just be remember as another time slot in the over all gundam uc timeline?

The Zeta Gundam is a Transformable Mobile Suit. The Messala is also one. So is the Asshimar. They have two distinct forms. The Unicorn Gundam's armor opens up to release excess heat from the Psycoframe (or what you call the T-Frame) underneath. If you want to call that a "transformation," I guess you can...but I think most people wouldn't.

So yeah...the psycoframe. The Nu Gundam had a small, T-shaped sample. The Unicorn is ENTIRELY MADE of the material. So if you thought the Nu Gundam was impressive, you'll be blown away by the Unicorn later on.

As for nuclear reactors...the Minovsky Drive IS a nuclear reactor:

From en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_weapons

In the Universal Century timeline, two main technological advancements led to the creation of the mobile suit: the AMBAC (Active Mass Balance Auto Control) technology, and the Minovsky particle. The original AMBAC prototype only had two large limbs (instead of the four that later suits would have), but moving those limbs allowed it near thruster-less maneuverability in space by changing its center of mass. This led to a revolution in space warfare tactics. Another revolution would follow the development of a type of nuclear fusion reactor designed by Dr. Y.T. Minovsky. Not only could his nuclear reactor be shrunk down to the size of a quartet of refrigerators, but it also produced a unique subatomic particle called the Minovsky particle. These particles could block out certain types of radiation, including radar and radio signals. This would hamper space combat over large distances and force modern combat back down to the visual range. The first prototype mobile suit would be the MS-01, while the first mass produced model would be the MS-05 Zaku I.

This is also mentioned in the MSG novels. So yes...every mobile suit has a nuclear reactor. They don't seem to go critical unless directly hit be a beam weapon, however (not sure how that works, but there you go).

I'm not sure what you're trying to say about Amuro and Char. At the time of Unicorn, they're both dead. They'll try to fudge that a bit in future episodes of Unicorn, but the truth will be revealed eventually.

And who knows how Unicorn will be thought of ten or twenty years down the line? I don't, you don't, no one does. Epecially since only one episode has been released so far, and there are five more to go. Maybe it'll suck, maybe it'll become the best Gundam ever. Let's wait until it finishes before trying to predict how the next generation will view it.
Last edit: 14 years 19 hours ago by Gubaba.
14 years 1 day ago #12013

• gundam_gp02
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by gundam_gp02 on topic Re:Gundam

[post deleted]
Last edit: 14 years 1 day ago by SIGHUP.
14 years 1 day ago #12019

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

gundam_gp02 wrote:

Gundam unicorn greater then Nu gundam lol, lets wait until the next dvd release to carry on this conversation:)

Yeah, it is. The Nu Gundam was only as good as it was because Amuro was its pilot. The Unicorn outclasses it in every way except bulk.
14 years 1 day ago #12036

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by treiz on topic Re:Gundam

I enjoyed Unicorn vol1, can't wait for vol2. In the meantime I'm collecting G00 as the dvds are released. Lookingforward to the new movie. I wish that Bandai would release more Gundam in HD over here.
14 years 7 hours ago #12063

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

treiz wrote:

I enjoyed Unicorn vol1, can't wait for vol2. In the meantime I'm collecting G00 as the dvds are released. Lookingforward to the new movie. I wish that Bandai would release more Gundam in HD over here.

I wish Bandai would release more Gundam PERIOD over here. The original series in Japanese with subtitles, Double Zeta, Last Blitz of Zeon, MS Igloo 2, Turn A...the list goes on and on...
13 years 11 months ago #12070

Replied by Spartan-X on topic Re:Gundam

Well you get the zeta movies in june they are sub only.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Spartan-X.
13 years 11 months ago #12071

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Spartan-X wrote:

Well you get the zeta movies in june they are sub only.

And believe me, I'm thrilled about that. :woohoo:
13 years 11 months ago #12072

Replied by Spartan-X on topic Re:Gundam

But no Puru(:
13 years 11 months ago #12089

Time to create page: 0.351 seconds