Robotech Live Action Movie

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: live action

LOOKING AROUND FOR ANY CLUES FOR THE ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION MOVIE LOOKS LIKE WARNER BROTHERS IS GEARING UP FOR A SPACE WAR MOVIE WITH SAM WORTHINGTON.

Warner Bros Closes Space War Pitch That Has Sam Worthington Attached

www.deadline.com/tag/aaron-guzikowski/

By MIKE FLEMING | Monday June 6, 2011 @ 3:54pm PDT

EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has made a preemptive pitch deal for a science fiction action project to be written by Aaron Guzikowski that will reunite Sam Worthington with his Clash of the Titans producer Basil Iwanyk. The logline is being kept under wraps but I'm told it's a grounded space war film. Through his Thunder Road banner, Iwanyk is in production on the Clash of the Titans sequel. He also produced The Town and is prepping the Jeff Bridges-starrer Seventh Son and the Clint Eastwood-directed A Star is Born with Beyonce, all for Warner Bros. Guzikowski wrote Prisoners, the Black List script that sold to Alcon Entertainment and just got Incendies helmer Denis Villeneuve aboard to direct. He also scripted the Contraband remake that just wrapped with Mark Wahlberg, Kate Beckinsale and Ben Foster starring for Universal and Working Title, and he's writing Awake for USA Network and The Descendants for HBO. He's repped by Verve and Madhouse Entertainment. Worthington is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #16672

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: live action

Wonder if this is Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future?

Concerning Memo's 3D/IMAX/tentpole movies/Green Lantern effects/greenlight authority/what WBs can use/etc. thread over at rt.com... IMO the Green Lantern theatrical trailer in 3D looks horrible, I certainly hope the actual movie in 3D looks a whole lot better.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16674

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: live action

sounds like the LAM will never happen if WB keeps looking for ALTERNATIVE movies to make in similar genres. Guess Admiral Hunter gonna be lost for another couple decades.
12 years 11 months ago #16679

rtsurfer wrote:

Concerning Memo's 3D/IMAX/tentpole movies/Green Lantern effects/greenlight authority/what WBs can use/etc. thread over at rt.com... IMO the Green Lantern theatrical trailer in 3D looks horrible, I certainly hope the actual movie in 3D looks a whole lot better.

I AM NOT A FAN OF 3D EITHER. IN SOME SCENES MAYBE. RATHER LIKE TO SEE IT IN IMAX FOR THAT REALISTIC FEEL.

MAJORITY OF THE MOVIES I GO FOR THE 2D VERSION. I DON'T LOOSE MUCH OVER 3D.
12 years 11 months ago #16706

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: live action

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

I AM NOT A FAN OF 3D EITHER. IN SOME SCENES MAYBE. RATHER LIKE TO SEE IT IN IMAX FOR THAT REALISTIC FEEL.

MAJORITY OF THE MOVIES I GO FOR THE 2D VERSION. I DON'T LOOSE MUCH OVER 3D.

My wife and I actually prefer to see movies in 3D. The 3D quality and eye comfort factor varies from movie to movie but so far all of the movies and trailers we've seen in 3D have been good except for the Green Lantern trailer. We've seen a couple of movies that weren't in 3D in IMAX, its definitely big and immersive. We may go see Transformers in IMAX 3D, really big robots blowing things up in 3D :cheer:
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16713

rtsurfer wrote:

My wife and I actually prefer to see movies in 3D. The 3D quality and eye comfort factor varies from movie to movie but so far all of the movies and trailers we've seen in 3D have been good except for the Green Lantern trailer. We've seen a couple of movies that weren't in 3D in IMAX, its definitely big and immersive. We may go see Transformers in IMAX 3D, really big robots blowing things up in 3D :cheer:

NOW TRANSFORMERS IS GOOD TO SEE IN IMAX. THAT IS A DEFINITE. OTHER MOVIES YOU JUST DON'T NEED IT.

THE LAST SHREK I SAW WAS IN 3D. THAT WAS NOT THAT BAD. BUT LIVE ACTION? NOT SO SURE. I SAW TRON IN IMAX. WAY BETTER. BUT 2D WAS STILL GOOD. SAW BOTH AT THE THEATERS.
12 years 11 months ago #16722

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re: live action

I recently got my wife into Anime and Manga (Now she watches more Korean/Japanese Drama's then American TV) and did the inevitable, I introduced her to Robotech and she loved it.

For the most part I hadn't talked to her much about the LAM concept until a short while ago. Figured it would be interesting to see what she thinks as a newcomer to the franchise.

She feels that RT has way more depth to it. It has a real story line where Transformers to her seemed more of a "lets make an effects heavy film with lots of giant robots that transform".

I explained to her about the long wait and lack of news for the LAM and did my best to have an open mind to what she thinks. (It also helps that she has an uncanny knack for finding information on the web that i tend to miss)

In her opinion it seems that WB does plan to make the film but is waiting for something. Be it an end to it's other current series films it's doing (freeing up money) or perhaps for key production members to be freed up (such as writers, directors, producers ect...

"No one would invest that sort of money into a project if they didn't intend to make money with it. (at this point I was on the verge of ending the convo cause i just want someone to blame and for it to be malicious intent that is delaying the film... hey it was a stressful week and i had a moment lol) If WB intends to make RT it's next big thing they would need alot of their resources inline to push the product. Perhaps that is the reason for the delay?"

Me personally i get vindictive and like to think some jerk or group of the same are purposely sitting on this to smack us fans in the face. But when i'm more clear headed i realize that when dealing with something as expensive to make as a Big effects film and in a poor economy, i have to be more willing to wait.

I know alot of this has prolly been said or debated already but since my wife is new to it all i figured it would be interesting to post what she thought. Me personaly i've got so much unpleasant garbage going on in my life that i'm more prone to think negatively about anything and everything. I guess that is why i need my wife to bring me back to earth sometimes lol.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
12 years 10 months ago #16928

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: live action

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

Me personally i get vindictive and like to think some jerk or group of the same are purposely sitting on this to smack us fans in the face. But when i'm more clear headed i realize that when dealing with something as expensive to make as a Big effects film and in a poor economy, i have to be more willing to wait.

That's really the point, isn't it? WB is asking themselves, "Will it make back the money we invest in it?"

The answer, as always, is "You never know until you try"...but there are a hell of a lot of good reasons NOT to try, right?
12 years 10 months ago #16940

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: live action

well a well done movie with a good story will always make money. The problem is that there is art side to movies and that mean that people who make them will not be completely rational. If they were completely ration rlm would have be completed by now and already in theaters. movies that get made are the ones that producer like most. it looks like rlm as lost favor in eyes of the producers or poor management in finding a writer.
12 years 10 months ago #16947

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: live action

spark300c wrote:

well a well done movie with a good story will always make money.

I wish that were true...we'd have a lot of better movies if it were.

spark300c wrote:

The problem is that there is art side to movies and that mean that people who make them will not be completely rational. If they were completely ration rlm would have be completed by now and already in theaters. movies that get made are the ones that producer like most. it looks like rlm as lost favor in eyes of the producers or poor management in finding a writer.

I don't think it's the "art" side that makes things irrational, I think it's the business side. No one can really pin down why one film makes a ton of money and another film doesn't. Hence all the remakes and sequels...trying to make "brand loyalty" instead of telling a story.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Gubaba.
12 years 10 months ago #16948

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds