Robotech Live Action Movie

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: live actiont ETA 2016

Based on Memo's evidence it just looks like the LAM is in development hell like so many have speculated.
12 years 3 months ago #18189

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: live actiont ETA 2016

ps99041 wrote:

Based on Memo's evidence it just looks like the LAM is in development hell like so many have speculated.

HEHEHE
YOU COULD CALL IT THAT. AND NO SPECULATION.

DEVELOPMENT HELL TO ME WOULD BE 10 YEARS AND WITH PROBLEMS LIKE THAT OF AKIRA OR SUPERMAN.

SO FAR ITS JUST TIME. NO ENOUGH TO WARRANT A DEVELOPMENT HELL TYPE TREATMENT.

I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE WHEN IT WAS FIRST ANNOUNCED... IT WOULD TAKE A LOOOOONG TIME. 5 TO 8 YEARS.
;)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 3 months ago #18190

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: live actiont ETA 2016

Well, we're nearing the 5 year mark so maybe you should change your estimate to 8 to 12 years.
12 years 3 months ago #18204

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: live actiont ETA 2016

ps99041 wrote:

Well, we're nearing the 5 year mark so maybe you should change your estimate to 8 to 12 years.

TO EARLY.
:P
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 3 months ago #18206

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: live action

Well I hope it doesnt' take as long as Macross: Final Outpost Earth. That's almost twenty years...

I guess Kawamori was hoping for a successful live action gundam movie to copy from. But we know what happened with the G-Savior movie don't we. ;)

I guess Kawamori will be using the Robotech:LAM instead for inspiration in making his Macross: Final Outpost Earth film a reality.

Hurry up Warner Brothers, Kawamori is waiting for YOU!!!

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
12 years 3 months ago #18208

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: live action

MaverickLSC wrote:

Well I hope it doesnt' take as long as Macross: Final Outpost Earth. That's almost twenty years...

I guess Kawamori was hoping for a successful live action gundam movie to copy from. But we know what happened with the G-Savior movie don't we. ;)

I guess Kawamori will be using the Robotech:LAM instead for inspiration in making his Macross: Final Outpost Earth film a reality.

Hurry up Warner Brothers, Kawamori is waiting for YOU!!!

Mav...

Why do you have such a hard-on for Kawamori? Did he steal your script or something?
12 years 3 months ago #18209

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: live action

I'm pretty sure Macross FOE is on hiatus which means it's not in active development unlike HG's definition of hiatus which means a project is still in active development like Shadow Rising - and we all know how active development on SR has been. Glad you're still hoping it'll surface someday Mav. Still, if Kawamori wants to base Macross FOE on Robotech LAM, I think that's totally fair since Robotech and the LAM are gonna be based on his creation Macross.
12 years 3 months ago #18213

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: live action

ps99041 wrote;

I think that's totally fair since Robotech and the LAM are gonna be based on his creation Macross.

Which SDF Macross is in turn is based off Mobilesuit Gundam, consider that Shoji Kawamori is co-founder of Gunsight One, the first Gundam fan club in Japan. (Of course Kawamori being Gundams biggest fan) ;)

Which incidently is the name of the bridgecrew on SDF Macross;

www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29376&st=20

Kawamori sure can't leave Gundam behind in any of the Macross productions. Like it had originality in the first place, and yet people complain about Carl Macek when Kawamori did the same and much earlier. ;)

I think people should look at themselves in the mirror and remind themselves that everything around them has a basis for inspiration. ;)

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by MaverickLSC.
12 years 3 months ago #18217

• Waters7
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Waters7 on topic Re: live action

Gubaba wrote:

MaverickLSC wrote:

Mav...

Why do you have such a hard-on for Kawamori? Did he steal your script or something?

I think his biggest issue is that Kawamori makes Carl Macek look bad

I think people should look at themselves in the mirror and remind themselves that everything around them has a basis for inspiration.

I think we can all agree that there is a big difference between inspiration and adapting some one else's work.

You can argue all you want about how Gundam works as an inspiration for the people that works in the various Macross productions but at the end of the day you won't see a RX-78 Gundam adapted into Macross as a RX-78 Valkyrie ;)

Regards...
12 years 3 months ago #18218

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: live action

MaverickLSC wrote:

ps99041 wrote;

I think that's totally fair since Robotech and the LAM are gonna be based on his creation Macross.

Which SDF Macross is in turn is based off Mobilesuit Gundam, consider that Shoji Kawamori is co-founder of Gunsight One, the first Gundam fan club in Japan. (Of course Kawamori being Gundams biggest fan) ;)

Which incidently is the name of the bridgecrew on SDF Macross;

www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29376&st=20

Kawamori sure can't leave Gundam behind in any of the Macross productions. Like it had originality in the first place, and yet people complain about Carl Macek when Kawamori did the same and much earlier. ;)

I think people should look at themselves in the mirror and remind themselves that everything around them has a basis for inspiration. ;)

Mav...

And the point from this random babbling is: you agree with my original comment.
12 years 3 months ago #18221

Time to create page: 0.604 seconds