Robotech Live Action Movie

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: live action

Movies get made or not made for a whole variety of reasons.
It appears one or more of those reasons is holding up the RTLAM.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 10 months ago #16952

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: live action

While HG & WB are sitting with their arses on RTLAM, Big West & Shoji Kawamori are laughing their way to the banks with Macross F TV series, TWO Macross F theatrical movies, one Macross F MV compilation (Nyan2 Clip) ... oh yeah atleast 2 Macross console games uniting various Mac fanchises (SDFM, DYRL, Mac II, Plus, Zero, Mac 7, Mac F). And ohhh, sold out CDs of Mac F albums.

All these within the period of 2008 - 2011. As for RT, apart from rereleases of previous RT comics by Wildstorm .... what else ... on RPG front, crickets been chirping with no hope of New Gen / UEEF Marines / Spaceships ever make it to print apart from some draft pages on backburner ... and an unnamed RT2012 animation ...

I'd humbly suggest HG starts to egg Tatsunoko to commission a brand new mecha robot series (such as a reboot Mospeada), get WB to fund it, & wallah, a brand new animated RT series!

HG should learn about the current new Thundercats animation project ... thats how one should handle a revival of an 1980s animation ...

REBOOT WITH NEW ANIMATION PRODUCED FROM JAPAN!
12 years 10 months ago #17165

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: live action

Protoculture wrote:

I'd humbly suggest HG starts to egg Tatsunoko to commission a brand new mecha robot series (such as a reboot Mospeada), get WB to fund it, & wallah, a brand new animated RT series!

HG should learn about the current new Thundercats animation project ... thats how one should handle a revival of an 1980s animation ...

REBOOT WITH NEW ANIMATION PRODUCED FROM JAPAN!

HEHEHE

IF WHEN WB DECIDE TO GREEN LIGHT THIS THING THEN YES, I (MY OPINION) BELIEVE THAT THEY WILL BE WORKING ON THOSE IDEAS YOU ALREADY EXPRESSED. THE GUYS WHO DID HALO LEGEND INCLUDING WB IS ALSO DOING THUNDERCATS UNDER WB.

SO YES, IF THIS WOULD HAPPEN, I THINK THIS WILL BE THE REBOOT THAT WE ALL ARE EXPECTING.. NOT ONLY RLAM BUT AN NEW ANIMATED SERIES AND/OR ANIMATED SHORTS LIKE HALO LEGENDS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #17174

ON ANOTHER RELATED NOTE

Tobey Maguire Pays $80,000 to Settle Lawsuit Over High-Stakes Poker

www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/tobey-...gQU0p?=&utm_content=

Tobey Maguire knows when to throw down his cards and settle up. Earlier this year, the actor was one of 22 people sued for winning money in allegedly illegal poker games from a Beverly Hills hedge fund manager who was convicted of running a Ponzi Scheme. On Wednesday, the parties filed court papers in bankruptcy court revealing that Maguire has agreed to fork over $80,000 to be dropped from ongoing litigation meant to recoup money for those who got duped by the fraud.
our editor recommends
Hollywood's High Rolling Executive Poker Games
The Secret World of Hollywood Poker
'Moneyball' Author Michael Lewis to Script 'Liar's Poker' for Warner Bros. (Exclusive)

Maguire was one of many Hollywood insiders who participated in high-stakes poker games at luxurious Beverly Hills hotels with Brad Ruderman, the CEO of Ruderman Capital Partners.

STORY: The Secret World of Hollywood Poker

Ruderman was later convicted of wire fraud and investment fraud and now sits in a Texas prison as the trustee of Ruderman Capital attempts to hunt down some $25 million allegedly lost in these poker games. Among the other celebrities targeted in a lawsuit launched last June were The Notebook director Nick Cassavetes, Welcome Back, Kotter star Gabe Kaplan, and record label owner Cody Leibel. Other A-list stars including Leonardo DiCaprio and Ben Affleck were also reportedly tied to the poker games, with $100,000 buy-ins (but they were not sued).

Maguire allegedly won more than $300,000 in poker, but in the lawsuit, the bankruptcy judge alleged the poker was unlicensed and that the winnings were ill-gotten gains from Ruderman's clients.

On Wednesday, in court filings, the trustee revealed a settlement with Maguire. Per the agreement, the actor paid $80,000 and represented to the best of his knowledge that he has not received any more money than those poker winnings from Ruderman. Maguire also disavows any knowledge of the Ponzi scheme and agrees not to make any claim on the bankrupt estate.

The settlement will need to be approved by a judge, who has set a hearing date of December 21 to consider the motion for settlement.

According to the court papers, the parties entered into a settlement agreement to avoid the expense and risk of further litigation. In making the case that the settlement represents the best interests of the estate, Howard Ehrenberg, the Chapter 7 trustee for Ruderman Capital points out that the lawsuit raised "several complex issues of law and fact," including "whether Maguire provided value to the Debtor in relation to the poker games and whether certain of the transfers from Ruderman to Maguire constitute funds of the Debtor.

Maguire signed the settlement agreement himself on November 18, and if approved by the judge, he will be released from ongoing case. Maguire was represented by Robert Barta at Rosoff Schiffres & Barta.
12 years 5 months ago #17761

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: live action

No news ehhh .... ahh well ... crickets been chirping again ... wake me up when real news of RTLAM actually IS REAL ....

Time to head to MW for more RT news ... kinda telling, isn't it, when official RT website & a semi-official RT fansite are falling behind in regards to Macross fansite in terms of RT news.
12 years 4 months ago #17850

Protoculture wrote:

No news ehhh .... ahh well ... crickets been chirping again ... wake me up when real news of RTLAM actually IS REAL ....

Time to head to MW for more RT news ... kinda telling, isn't it, when official RT website & a semi-official RT fansite are falling behind in regards to Macross fansite in terms of RT news.

NO NEWS ANYWHERE.

SPECULATION STILL RULES FOR NOW.
12 years 4 months ago #17859

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: live action- ETA: 2016 via IMDB

www.imdb.com/title/tt1103173/

Hopefully someone still feels that Robotech is relevant in 2016.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
12 years 3 months ago #18185

YEA. ITS BEEN CHANGING YEAR BY YEAR. WHOEVER IS DOING THE CHANGE IS JUST ADDING A NEW YEAR EVERY TIME WE GO INTO A NEW YEAR.

NOTICE IT STILL READS Robotech (????)

ALSO LOOKING AT TOBEY MAGUIRE LIST OF MOVIES HE STILL HAS IN DEVELOPMENT. SEE BOTTOM RIGHT COLUMN
www.imdb.com/name/nm0001497/

Projects In Development

Mermaid..............................2014

Pawn Sacrifice.......................2013

Marry Him: Finding Mr. Real..........2013

The Crusaders........................2013

Quiet Type...........................2013

Hot Plastic..........................2013

Money for Nothing....................2013

Afterburn............................2012

The Limit............................2012

Everything Changes

Good People

Robotech

AND OF COURSE.. HE STILL FILMING "THE GREAT GATSBY" RIGHT NOW. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT IS UP TO HIM. MERMAID IS THE ONLY ONE I KNOW ITS ALREADY MOVING FORWARD FROM HIS COLLECTION. AND DON'T KNOW HOW INVOLVED HE IS ON THAT ONE.

THE OTHER TITLE THAT TOBEY ALSO PICKED UP AROUND SAME TIME AS ROBOTECH WAS "AFTERBURN". THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A TOP GUN STYLE MOVIE IT TURNS OUT ITS SOMETHING ELSE. AFTERBURN PICKED UP STEAM IN 2010 BUT I HAVE NOT HEARD MUCH FROM IT. HERE IS A PAST ARTICLE ON IT.

Gerard Butler to Star in Tobey Maguire-Produced 'Afterburn'

www.deadline.com/2010/11/antoine-fuqua-g...r-in-afterburn-glow/

Gerard Butler is in negotiations to star in Relativity Media's adaptation of Paul Ens and Scott Chitwood's Red 5 comic "Afterburn," which Antoine Fuqua is in talks to direct, the company has confirmed to TheWrap.

The sci-fi saga is set one year after a solar flare burns half of the Earth's surface and follows a group of treasure hunters who return to retrieve what's left.

Matt Johnson ("Into the Blue") wrote the script, and Christian Gudegast ("A Man Apart") is expected to perform a rewrite.

Maguire Entertainment's Tobey Maguire and Jenno Topping are producing the project with Neal Moritz and Toby Jaffe of Original Film.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 3 months ago #18186

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: live actiont ETA 2016

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

YEA. ITS BEEN CHANGING YEAR BY YEAR. WHOEVER IS DOING THE CHANGE IS JUST ADDING A NEW YEAR EVERY TIME WE GO INTO A NEW YEAR.

NOTICE IT STILL READS Robotech (????)

ALSO LOOKING AT TOBEY MAGUIRE LIST OF MOVIES HE STILL HAS IN DEVELOPMENT. SEE BOTTOM RIGHT COLUMN
www.imdb.com/name/nm0001497/

Projects In Development

Mermaid..............................2014

Pawn Sacrifice.......................2013

Marry Him: Finding Mr. Real..........2013

The Crusaders........................2013

Quiet Type...........................2013

Hot Plastic..........................2013

Money for Nothing....................2013

Afterburn............................2012

The Limit............................2012

Everything Changes

Good People

Robotech

AND OF COURSE.. HE STILL FILMING "THE GREAT GATSBY" RIGHT NOW. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT IS UP TO HIM. MERMAID IS THE ONLY ONE I KNOW ITS ALREADY MOVING FORWARD FROM HIS COLLECTION. AND DON'T KNOW HOW INVOLVED HE IS ON THAT ONE.

THE OTHER TITLE THAT TOBEY ALSO PICKED UP AROUND SAME TIME AS ROBOTECH WAS "AFTERBURN". THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A TOP GUN STYLE MOVIE IT TURNS OUT ITS SOMETHING ELSE. AFTERBURN PICKED UP STEAM IN 2010 BUT I HAVE NOT HEARD MUCH FROM IT. HERE IS A PAST ARTICLE ON IT.

Gerard Butler to Star in Tobey Maguire-Produced 'Afterburn'

www.deadline.com/2010/11/antoine-fuqua-g...r-in-afterburn-glow/

Gerard Butler is in negotiations to star in Relativity Media's adaptation of Paul Ens and Scott Chitwood's Red 5 comic "Afterburn," which Antoine Fuqua is in talks to direct, the company has confirmed to TheWrap.

The sci-fi saga is set one year after a solar flare burns half of the Earth's surface and follows a group of treasure hunters who return to retrieve what's left.

Matt Johnson ("Into the Blue") wrote the script, and Christian Gudegast ("A Man Apart") is expected to perform a rewrite.

Maguire Entertainment's Tobey Maguire and Jenno Topping are producing the project with Neal Moritz and Toby Jaffe of Original Film.

That's a nice spin, and I'm glad you went through the trouble to justify it, but if you read the page is states that the estimated time of release is 2016, as this is in production. And my question was; will RT still be relevant in 4 more years, warranting a LAM? You proved how Tobey Maguire is relevant, but not the RT LAM.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
12 years 3 months ago #18187

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: live actiont ETA 2016

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

That's a nice spin, and I'm glad you went through the trouble to justify it, but if you read the page is states that the estimated time of release is 2016, as this is in production.

ACTUALLY NO SPIN AT ALL. BUT NOT SURPRISED YOU TOOK IT THAT WAY.

AS YOU CAN SEE WHAT I POSTED IN MY COMMENTS THERE IS NO WORD OF ROBOTECH LAM. THAT TOBEY HAS OTHER PRIORITY'S AND DOING OTHER THINGS.

And my question was; will RT still be relevant in 4 more years, warranting a LAM? You proved how Tobey Maguire is relevant, but not the RT LAM.

DID YOU NOT THINK RTLAM WAS RELEVANT AFTER SO MANY YEARS AFTER THE RTSC WAS MADE?

WHATS 4 MORE YEARS?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 3 months ago #18188

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds