"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

• Sushispook
  • Sushispook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re:The solution is quite simple

So conclusion: If Toynami is known to produce toys that continue to disappoint customers, DON'T BUY THEM. It's that simple!

I'm fairly sure that this is my last Toynami MPC Alpha - I don't see myself buying the Marcus Rush version, and if they kick out a "Super Alpha", I don't think I'm going to be first in line, and will take a wait and see approach.

With new merchandise, I can only see it getting worse... at least with merchandise that could be just as easily Mospeada as it was Robotech, there was an opportunity to help defray costs by licensing the molds to, or partnering with another manufacturer. Not so with any Shadow Chronicles/Shadow Rising/Shadow Puppet Show merchandise - it's all squarely in one market, and likely on one set of shoulders: Toynami. So even if we see a super-Cyclone, I doubt it's going to be anywhere near the quality of the Beagle/Megahouse versions. I can't wait to see how they spin it - "New Vince Grant Cyclone Action Figure! With realistic fall-off combat limbs - Vince can startle the enemy the same way a lizard can lose its tail!"
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Sushispook.
14 years 2 months ago #9855

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

PTH

If you really are a friend of Goerge Sohn (president and CEO of Toynami) would you send him these recent problems with his new "masterpieces"? because we all know that Toynami will not reply or respond to customer problems and I am not trying to flame HG again but can you ask HG to do better than Toynami?

WAITING ON MORE. SINCE YOU GETTING YOURS AND IT WILL BE PROBABLY THE WORST OF THE LOT. :P

BUT REALLY, EACH INDIVIDUAL OWNER NEEDS TO DO IT AS WELL.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9856

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:The solution is quite simple

Sushispook wrote:

So conclusion: If Toynami is known to produce toys that continue to disappoint customers, DON'T BUY THEM. It's that simple!

I'm fairly sure that this is my last Toynami MPC Alpha - I don't see myself buying the Marcus Rush version, and if they kick out a "Super Alpha", I don't think I'm going to be first in line, and will take a wait and see approach.

With new merchandise, I can only see it getting worse... at least with merchandise that could be just as easily Mospeada as it was Robotech, there was an opportunity to help defray costs by licensing the molds to, or partnering with another manufacturer. Not so with any Shadow Chronicles/Shadow Rising/Shadow Puppet Show merchandise - it's all squarely in one market, and likely on one set of shoulders: Toynami. So even if we see a super-Cyclone, I doubt it's going to be anywhere near the quality of the Beagle/Megahouse versions. I can't wait to see how they spin it - "New Vince Grant Cyclone Action Figure! With realistic fall-off combat limbs - Vince can startle the enemy the same way a lizard can lose its tail!"

Sushi,

Looking back, if you could do it over what would you pick Aoishima or Toynami? Im just asking in general.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
14 years 2 months ago #9857

• Sushispook
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

WAITING ON MORE. SINCE YOU GETTING YOURS AND IT WILL BE PROBABLY THE WORST OF THE LOT.

Heh - said it before, and I'll say it again: I really hope that the first few are just duds. But mine is #2008, and I know someone else here had one in the 2200's. If they were all low numbers, it might be possible to argue that things weren't quite right on the production line, but....
14 years 2 months ago #9858

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:The solution is quite simple

Somebody should thank Harmony Gold for constantly letting down fans who sees thru the flaws of they treat Robotech with poor choices in factories to make this crap.

I am glad that Sushipook said some good news about his Maia,,he said there were no angry bees swarming out of the box it came in.atleast something was good :)
14 years 2 months ago #9860
Attachments:

• Sushispook
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re:The solution is quite simple

Looking back, if you could do it over what would you pick Aoishima or Toynami? Im just asking in general.

I'm honestly not sure... I have 4 MPC Alphas (including Maia), and only one Aoshima (Stig Bernard), so I don't have a good representative sample of the Aoshima's to do a truly informed comparison...

What I can say for sure is that my blue Aoshima is alot looser and floppier. Getting it to stand in Battloid without it falling over like the village drunkard proved difficult. When I got my blue MPC Beta, linking the Alpha in fighter mode was impossible, because the legs wouldn't stay level when docking (it looked like the Beta, in fighter mode, was running over the Alpha) - so it's docked in Battloid mode (compared to my green MPC Alpha and Beta, which look good and fit well together in fighter mode). The shoulder missile pods just don't want to latch closed properly at all. I'm also not a fan of the more cartoonish coloring scheme and the extra missle pod they have hanging off the shoulder, but that's a matter of personal preference.

I honestly don't know which one will break first - the Alpha or the Legioss - they've both got their problems, but I never felt like I was tempting breakage by forcing anything during transformation on the Aoshima - but then again, it acts like it too a handful of cyclobenzaprine.
14 years 2 months ago #9862

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

PTH

Somebody should thank Harmony Gold for constantly letting down fans who sees thru the flaws of they treat Robotech with poor choices in factories to make this crap.

SOME DID SAY SPEAK WITH YOUR WALLET. THAT'S HOW A COMPANY LISTENS TO YOU. YOU JUST THANK THEM AHEAD OF TIME.

ME? I STILL GOT MY 80 DLRS. AND GUESS WHAT? IF THIS KEEPS UP I MIGHT JUST BUY IT FOR 15 DLRS AT A COLLECTION STORE. AND THATS A MIGHT. FROM NOW ON. IF TOYS POP OUT OF TOYNAMI.. HOLD OFF. LOOKS LIKE FANS ARE STARTING TO DO THAT.

COME ON PIZZA.. BE INTELLIGENT. PULL THAT NEEDLE OUT OF YOUR ARM AND SAVE YOUR MONEY. WHY SHOULD OTHER PEOPLE LOOK OUT FOR YOUR INTEREST IF YOU KEEP GOING BACK? YOU A GROWN MAN RIGHT?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9864

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

COME ON PIZZA.. BE INTELLIGENT. PULL THAT NEEDLE OUT OF YOUR ARM AND SAVE YOUR MONEY. WHY SHOULD OTHER PEOPLE LOOK OUT FOR YOUR INTEREST IF YOU KEEP GOING BACK? YOU A GROWN MAN RIGHT?

What the heck are you talking about?Needles and be a grown man junk crack remark because I am worried because I might get a messed up Maia too!

You told me to be intelligent and pull the needle out of my arm,Well you Memo should pull your lips off Harmony Gold and maybe you can see the flaws from the franchise you so cherish..Oh but atleast you still got your $80
14 years 2 months ago #9867

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

What the heck are you talking about?Needles and be a grown man junk crack remark because I am worried because I might get a messed up Maia too!

You told me to be intelligent and pull the needle out of my arm,Well you Memo should pull your lips off Harmony Gold and maybe you can see the flaws from the franchise you so cherish..Oh but atleast you still got your $80

C'mon kids, play nice. Remember tomorrow's valentines day. LOL!
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
14 years 2 months ago #9871

Replied by Revan-Tam on topic Re:

hearing all of this just makes we want to give up on my hopes of ever getting a good MPC alpha
I got a sue graham in 2007 that broke out of the box and now it seems that it wont but still will brake and fall apart if you transform it
all I want is a good looking Alpha and Beta to have in my collection of VF-1 and 17,21,25g
why cant they make an alpha that is the same quality of my VF-25. it fell off my book case in an earthquake and not a scratch on it
sure keep shooting...that will make things better
14 years 2 months ago #9875

Time to create page: 0.606 seconds