"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

CONVOY ITS COOL

PTH JUST NEED THAT FOREPLAY BEFORE VALENTINE'S. SOME PEOPLE JUST LIKE THE "TOUGH LOVE". BUT REALLY, I KNOW PIZZA. HE LAUGHING LIKE I AM.

TAM,
I ONLY BOUGHT THE SCOTT BERNARD FROM HG AND THE BETA'S. SINCE THE ALPHAS CAME OUT SCREWED UP I LEFT THEM TOY'S ALONE. I CAN GET THEM CHEAP AT DEALERS NEAR MY HOUSE.

ON THE BETA, I WAS SWEATING BRICKS. THERE WERE REVIEWS AND I WENT WITH THAT. I NEVER SAW ONE REVIEW FOR THE ALPHA. SO I JUST WAIT AND SEE. SO FAR I SAVED MYSELF MONEY, PROBLEMS, AND HEADACHES LIKE OTHER FANS ARE SHOWING.

SOME HOW THIS TOYNAMI THING WITH THE ALPHAS IS NOT RIGHT. WHY I ASK IF THE ALPHAS LOOK THE SAME AS THE OLD ONES.

DID TOYNAMI DO A COMPLETE CHANGE?
DID THEY REALLY WENT WITH NEW MOLDS?
DID THEY GO WITH A NEW FACTORY?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9878

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Autobotdan on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Al

I just got my Maia vfa-6zx mpc, opened it up and it doesn't seem to have any technical problems you guys are showing in pics. I must have got real lucky. = ( I will put up pics tomorrow. Got to go to work!
14 years 2 months ago #9884

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

DANG. YOU SAYING PIZZA MIGHT GET A GOOD ONE?

GOOD TO HEAR AUTOBOT. SHOW US LATER.
14 years 2 months ago #9889

Replied by rwoll622 on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

Hey there, here is the info from a post I put up on Macross World about my Maia:

-It has all of the improvements of the aoshima legioss, like ratchet joints.

-It is not as weak as the first release, but the right leg is slightly split, and the head is wobbly. But overall, I am pretty happy. This will be my 6th alpha, and this one feels more secure.

-The hand is made of better plastic, but the gun does not fit all of the way over the hand. Also, the gunpod fits securely into the peg between the arm thrusters where as my original shadow alpha does not do this.

-The wheels on this plane don't lock into place well, so if it slides a little bit, the wheels fold back.

-The shoulders were stronger this time around, not like the first one I had. I haven't had shoulder problems with the other 5 alphas I've had. Instead, I have had problems with the extendable arms breaking, the shoulder sensor attaching thing breaking off, and the leg breaking off at the hip. I thought the color was a little strange for the sensor. At least this time it actually fits iinto the hole! The messed up version I had last year was molded in some other plastic and gooped with sloppy white paint. I almost got out my exacto knife to try and clean off the post to fit it in. Thank goodness the recall came first.

-I noticed that the arch gone as soon as I took it out of the packaging. I was suprised, but obviously very happy about that. It was nice that it actually would set on all three wheels, instead of the back wheels and the chest plate.

Here is a link to flickr with the pics I took:

www.flickr.com/photos/47504398@N04/
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by rwoll622.
14 years 2 months ago #9897

YOU FROM MACROSS WORLD?

COOL.

NICE REVIEW. I SAW ONE PICTURE AND HOPE IT COMES OUT HERE

THIS THE SPLIT AT THE SEEMS YOU TALKING ABOUT?.

ALSO.. THIS THING LOOKS PURPLE..

REMINDS ME OF GRIMACE FROM MCD'S

Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #9900

Replied by rwoll622 on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

Yep, that's the split I was talking about, and it's very noticeable close up. And, yes it's grimace. I read on another forum somewhere that someone was complaining about the purple color as well. I really thought the orginal release was more of a pink color, but I don't remember to well. I was just too ticked off that it had come apart in my hands.
14 years 2 months ago #9901

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

DANG. YOU SAYING PIZZA MIGHT GET A GOOD ONE?

Gee maybe I should try to use Memo's powers against him.....Here goes

I will now raise my keyboard up and yell "CAPTAIN CAAAAAAAAPS LOOOOOOCK"

I'LL BE DAMNED! IT WORKED :) NOW LETS SEE HERE mEMO i FIND IT KIND OF SAD THAT A HIGH RANKING FAN LEADER LIKE YOU IS HOPING i GET A MESSED UP MAIA MPC.

ATLEAST I DIDN'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR MY INCOME TAX REFUND TO GET THE MAIA SO YOU MUST BE JEALOUS WITH YOUR BROKE SELF!

HEHEHEHE

Well,those powers did not last long.just to tease Memo,I may never tell if the Maia I get will be good or bad.
14 years 2 months ago #9906

Replied by Revan-Tam on topic Re:make things better

I thought of a way for toynami to get there collective head out of their asses. Send you Alphas back with letters about how the quality hasn't changed and demand a refund. if all or you send them back, they well get the message that none of you like the new and non improved and maybe will go back to the drawing board and find a way to make them to snuff.
I just sent an angry letter to them last night so get cracking
sure keep shooting...that will make things better
14 years 2 months ago #9916

Revan Tam

I thought of a way for toynami to get there collective head out of their asses. Send you Alphas back with letters about how the quality hasn't changed and demand a refund. if all or you send them back, they well get the message that none of you like the new and non improved and maybe will go back to the drawing board and find a way to make them to snuff.
I just sent an angry letter to them last night so get cracking

WHAT EMAIL ADRESS DID YOU SEND IT TO?

FOR THOSE THAT ALREADY HAVE IT SEND MAIL FIRST. SEE WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO GET A REFUND OR EXCHANGE.
14 years 2 months ago #9920

PTH

HIGH RANKING FAN LEADER

SAY WHAT? I AM JUST A FAN.

BUT REALLY, YOU KNOW I WANT YOU TO GET THE BEST TOY POSSIBLE. YOU SHELLED OUT 80 BUCKS FOR IT AND TWICE. HOPE YOU HAVE PICS UP FOR US AS WELL.

WONDER WHATS TAKING A LONG TIME TO DELIVER TO TEXAS? BUT NOW YOU GLAD YOU DID NOT BUY FROM EBAY? AT LEAST THIS WAY YOU CAN GET REPLACEMENT OR MONEY BACK. AND I THANK YOU AND THE OTHERS WHO ORDERED FIRST. IT HELPS OTHERS THAT ARE THINKING ABOUT ORDERING.

ITS YOU GUYS THAT HELP ME AND OTHERS NOT TO GET SOMETHING WITH FLAWS.
14 years 2 months ago #9921

Time to create page: 0.643 seconds