"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

• Sushispook
  • Sushispook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

With a tip of the hat to X-Files....
14 years 2 months ago #9923
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by MGREXX on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

I almost returned my Rand MPC Cyclone when a part (different thread from last year) was missing. Yet, the dip shit's at RT.COM said I would not get my S/H returned and would have to pay S/H for a replacement. FUCK YOU HG!!!!

As for Toynami, they never bothered returning my emails.

I am just about ready to boycott HG and RT.COM!! We should seriously start a petition, otherwise they will continue to not give a shit or care about the consistent crappy products that they release....even when they "improve" them!!!
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MGREXX.
14 years 2 months ago #9944

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

TOYNAMI IS HIT AND MISS.

I LIKE THERE 1/100 SCALE MODELS. ESPECIALLY THE STEALTH VERITECH. BETAS ARE AWESOME. TOMMY'S ART I LIKE AS WELL FOR THE BOX.

JUST THAT WHEN THEY STARTED THE MPC VERITECH AND ALPHAS I JUST WENT EASY ON THOSE. IN OTHER WORDS.. AFTER REVIEWS WERE IN.

ONLY REASON I GOT THE BETA WAS BECAUSE OF THE COLLECTIONDX REVIEW.

SO YOU COULD SAY I BOYCOTT SOME TOYS, OTHERS I DON'T. I ALSO LET TOYNAMI KNOW THAT AT THE CON AND EMAIL. THAT I ONLY BUY AFTER A REVIEW.

BUT YOU GUYS WHO ARE BUYING THEM. I JUST DO IT AFTERWORDS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #9947

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I LIKE THERE 1/100 SCALE MODELS. ESPECIALLY THE STEALTH VERITECH. BETAS ARE AWESOME. TOMMY'S ART I LIKE AS WELL FOR THE BOX.

I've never bought any of the newer toys, either American or Japanese, so I can't judge their quality, but yeah...I agree that the box art is really lovely.
14 years 2 months ago #9948

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling

Gee whiz
Today is the day I find out I got screwed again or I lucked out like AutobotDan did.

On the other hand,I can think of 2 things why so many are defects:

1. The recalls were repacked with a new synchro gun and re-shipped

2. This is really the year 2008 when all the Maias are already defects and I should use this chance to send a message to the future to stop people from buying.

What is wierd is Toynami "renewed" peoples faith in them with the Betas and the Stealth Veritech (It survived me applying stickers to it and transforming it a couple times and even displayed it at work for a couple hours) but then they expect us to be nice with the Maia.

We will see what I get later.
14 years 2 months ago #9953

Replied by Autobotdan on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Al

Sorrry I'm very late with my Maia vfa-6zx mpc pics! I'll transform it tomorrow! Here pics out of package! Hope my pics help..
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Autobotdan. Reason: adding mpc pic
14 years 2 months ago #9958
Attachments:

Replied by Autobotdan on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Al

my pic didnt post = (
14 years 2 months ago #9959

I had to resize pics! lol Silly me..
14 years 2 months ago #9961
Attachments:

My final pic today. I'll transform it tomorrow
14 years 2 months ago #9962
Attachments:

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:

Autobotdan wrote:

Sorrry I'm very late with my Maia vfa-6zx mpc pics! I'll transform it tomorrow! Here pics out of package! Hope my pics help..

Am I wrong, or are these two different versions of the Maia?
Look how AutobotDan's thigh link is black, while the one on woll622's (See below) seems to be more grey/ silver? All the original Alphas have the greyish/silver thigh link.

Am I wrong or did some people get the old Alpha's, whereas some have gotten the actual reissue? Didnt Tommy Yune say that the joints were different as well as other rectifications to the QC problems? I assume now that some who may be getting bad reissued Maia's may be getting the bad Maia's by mistake. Is there anything on the box or toy packaging that decerns the improved versions over the bad ones?
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
14 years 2 months ago #9966
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.618 seconds