"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Revan-Tam on topic Re:

MGREXX wrote:

I almost returned my Rand MPC Cyclone when a part (different thread from last year) was missing. Yet, the dip shit's at RT.COM said I would not get my S/H returned and would have to pay S/H for a replacement. FUCK YOU HG!!!!

As for Toynami, they never bothered returning my emails.

I am just about ready to boycott HG and RT.COM!! We should seriously start a petition, otherwise they will continue to not give a shit or care about the consistent crappy products that they release....even when they "improve" them!!!

I had to kick and scream to get my S/H refunded by RT.com when I sent my sue graham in for the second time
sure keep shooting...that will make things better
14 years 2 months ago #9969

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Maia Masterpiece blog

Today my Maia arrived and I opened it and checked it out.

Terrible on how the white outer box had banged up and dented corners.The box (as stated by Sushispook) is a bit lighter and not as "puffy" when touched.Miracle the book box was not damaged considering how banged up the outer box was.

I then opened the book and saw the number # 0861

Now to the crown jewel

I inspected the Maia MPC Alpha and even slightly converted it to Guardian mode to look for the number and noticed only 1 thing wrong.The nose cone point is slightly off but that is fixable with a screwdriver. I was shocked that no noticable cosmetic damage or errors and the legs on mine move fluidly with the "click" joints like the Betas and when I put the legs back for Fighter mode they easily moved back into place.

So far so good,tonite I plan to finish transforming it before work or take it to work to transform and finish inspecting it. I will not rejoice like I did when I got my Betas and Stealths yet.

Laters
14 years 2 months ago #9974

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

WELL GOOD TO HEAR.

WERE THERE ANY PROBLEMS LIKE THE OTHER PICS FLOATING AROUND? AND YOUR NUMBER VERY LOW COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE GUYS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9977

Replied by Autobotdan on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Al

Just for helpful information purposes, my maia mpc limited editon is number 2,067. I was happy to be able to assist by taking pictures before I start putting stickers on and transform it to guardian mode. Do you guys want any specific pic of my mpc before I transform and sticker it?
14 years 2 months ago #9994

Replied by MGREXX on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

The only way the originals got re-issued, was if the factory replaced the intakes and re-packaged them....which is called a fraud and lawsuit's fly over this kind of stuff!!!!!

My number on the re-issue is 1967.

My number on the original is 2829.

I will e posting pics comparing the two versions. The original will always e on the left or on top.
14 years 2 months ago #10000

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Al

Update:
Since I suddenly got a free day off from work again I transformed my Maia MPC and found a couple more flaws.

1. The head is very loose and the neck part does not stay firm in Battloid mode.
2. On the arm parts in jet mode there are shiny gloss marks too which could be glue.
3. Mine did have that small gap on top near canopy like MGREXX in jet mode.

I am thinking of ignoring these flaws or would I be over reacting if I sent it back for exchange or refund?

Other than those few small minor details the Maia I got is great and in shape and I even rotated the arms and moved the legs like it was running and it stayed together.Its that I am worried if I exchange it I could get a worse Maia and if I send it back I may be stuck paying for shipping and I am sure Toynami will not email me and offer to repair and clean up the glue spots and the neck/head of my Maia so any advice?

Laters
14 years 2 months ago #10003

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT.

PIZZA, WAS THE GAP THERE BEFORE TRANSFORMATION? I MEAN, DID AUTOBOT DAN TRANSFORM IT BETTER THAN YOU GUYS? JUST ASKING.

AND ASK MW (WARLOCK) IN THE CUSTOMIZING THREAD ABOUT IDEAS. LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT MINOR ISSUES COMPARED TO EVERYONE ELSE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #10006

Replied by MGREXX on topic Re:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

PIZZA, WAS THE GAP THERE BEFORE TRANSFORMATION? I MEAN, DID AUTOBOT DAN TRANSFORM IT BETTER THAN YOU GUYS? JUST ASKING.
quote]
both of my Maia Alpha's have the gap present BEFORE transformation. I tried to get rid of it, since the other Alpha's don't have it but no luck.

14 years 2 months ago #10016

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Al

Memo
I transformed it right,I been transforming Alphas since 2008.But I got it back in the box,If Harmony Gold gives me crap about it then more than likely I will keep myself from taking my Maia MPC behind my house and unload a clip from my Ruger .45 into it.I am that mad at this thing and how suck ass Toynami is and how HG keeps getting crap to make crap.
14 years 2 months ago #10017

Replied by MGREXX on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

1 (So, the new Maia Alpha is of better quality, so what the fuck happened with the quality of the box going the other way!!!!!)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MGREXX.
14 years 2 months ago #10018
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds