"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

• Sushispook
  • Sushispook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re:New Maia reissue defects!

And what is sad is how Steve targeted Sushispook by deleting his "X Files" pic and calling him a troll...

You know, if Steve or Kevin want to run through and delete my posts there, it's definitely their prerogative to do so. I figure that I'm simply going to be as calm and polite as I possible can be. And if they want to call *that* trolling, then it's a sad statement on their stewardship of RT.com.

I don't think they're twirling snidely whiplash mustaches as they gleefully delete posts, but I do think they're in an echo chamber of their own making, built out their relationship with Toynami and other financial interests.

At the end of the day, they are running a business - a business fueled by fans. That is NOT an enviable job, but it does require a delicate touch, and I think we can all agree that they don't rate so well in that department.

PS: Trolling would be me calling them a back of knuckle-dragging sister-fisting fucktards whose lack of skill in PR is matched only by their shit-drizzling incompetent choice in toy manufacturers - who, in turn, clearly spent their formative years playing with cat turds in the litterbox when they weren't racing their own shitlogs down the rain-choked gutters.

But, you know, that would be uncouth.

(cough)
14 years 2 months ago #10126

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:New Maia reissue defects!

Revan Tam
Are you serious?!
You get ball sacked by the twisted people running that sight because you said you bought a Yamato Veritech?

Gee whiz,,Kevin,Steve and those mods better ban all those who likes Pac-Man then because Namco is now Bandai..

Why does hg and their web cohorts do what they can to make Robotech fans so miserable?
back on subject
Speaking of toynami,,I read that the shadow beta will not be released because the other betas did not sell well.Even tho I do not care anymore for toynami because after my 3rd MAia,I am eliminating them off my shopping list.

I wonder how the Beta fans are taking this news.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Pizza-the-Hutt.
14 years 2 months ago #10144

• Sushispook
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Careful myfriend,,Anyone who actually points out Harmony Gold's faults usually end up on Kevin McKeevers du-du list

The emperor isn't wearing any clothes. THERE! I SAID IT! HA! COME AND GET ME DIRTY MODS, YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!
14 years 2 months ago #10145

• Sushispook
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Speaking of toynami,,I read that the shadow beta will not be released because the other betas did not sell well.

Well, this kind of lends credence to a theory I've mentioned here and at RT.com: That the Maia Alpha is the best balance of quality versus a price point possible. It may be that they decided with the Betas that they were going to go full steam ahead with making a toy that worked and didn't suffer from QC, and the price point of $150 was the result. And with less than stellar sales (I'm inferring from what you've said above - do you have a source for that?) of the Beta, they decided that quality had to take a back seat again - and that's how we ended up with the Maia Alpha.

Speaking of, yesterday I *finally* got a chance to transform it a couple more times as I applied the stickers - and I have to say that despite the defects, and the craptacular QC job prior to packing, it actually IS more solid and reliable. The plastic doesn't feel as brittle, and everything is machine better.

There's still considerable difficult with other parts that are NOT machine well - and unlike others, my landing gears are a joke... and the missle hatches are the same story. But it's not the total disaster from first impressions that I ran into. It is, however, inexcusable to have the crack that it does, to be packed so badly, and to have parts popped off and THEN packaged like that.

Even tho I do not care anymore for toynami because after my 3rd MAia,I am eliminating them off my shopping list.

I'm not done with them. I won't pre-order any items from them again, but if it's a good product, I'll buy it.

But it would be awesome if you could share that article about Beta sales & no shadow beta :)
14 years 2 months ago #10149

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

WELL. COLECTION DX IS ABOUT TO DO A REVIEW OF THEIR OWN SOON.

FEW EMAILS OUT THERE AND PICTURES COULD GIVE THEM A BETTER IDEA.

HERE IS THERE LAST STATEMENT PERTAINING TOYNAMI AND THEIR FUTURE REVIEW.

www.collectiondx.com/

CLICK ON THE TOYNAMI REVIEW..

NYTF 2010: Toynami
www.collectiondx.com/article/nytf_2010_toynami

Other news - Vinyl battlepod will be released a second time only this time with missle pods. No other new robotech merchandise on the horizon. No more masterpiece cyclones.

Re-tooled shadow fighter is out, not entire piece was retooled - only certain parts. Boxes are the ones used on defective ones. Old ones pulled out, new ones pushed in. Piece we held was more solid, but still had somw QC issues. More on that later as we get our act together.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #10152

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

No other new robotech merchandise on the horizon.

I KNOW HERE WE GO WITH SPECULATION. HOW LONG IS THIS HORIZON?
MONTHS, YEARS, DECADE?....

I KNOW I HEARD TOMMY ON THE VIDEO SAY TOYNAMI WAS WORKING ON MORE PRODUCTS.... BUT THEY ONLY WORK ON FEW AND ALHPA STILL A PROBLEM. CYCLONE AS WELL.

IS THERE A BETTER TOY COMPANY OUT THERE YOU TRUST? A TOY COLLECTION YOU LIKE? A PRICE YOU WILLING TO SET?

SHOULD I START A NEW TOPIC ON THIS?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #10153

• Sushispook
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

IS THERE A BETTER TOY COMPANY OUT THERE YOU TRUST?

I only collect Robotech merchandise (and out of that, I focus mostly on Mospeada/New Generation), so my scope and experience with other toy companies is... limited.

CM's Alphas and Betas are alright. The Alphas are WAY sturdier, but more cartoony and less detailed. The CM's cyclones, however, are joke-bad. They *look* great, but don't attempt to try to transform them.

I haven't purchased any of the Yamato or Revoltech items, but I've heard alot of good things about them. I swear - the "Toynami" battlepod sure looks like they just re-packed the Revoltech version. Can anyone speak to the quality of those lines? I'd love to hear more - especially since I can find the Revoltech stuff easily through price comparison shopping engines :)
14 years 2 months ago #10156

Replied by Revan-Tam on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

I got a YV-21 that is built like a rock. if you have difficulty with some parts (ex. arms and legs) they are designed to come off. and i have two revoltech VF-1 one non transformable and one transformable. dosn't look as good as my 1/100 scale VF. good attempt on revoltechs side
a also have a VF-25G that I love (even though one of the landing gears doesn't want to stay)
sure keep shooting...that will make things better
14 years 2 months ago #10158

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:

Sushispook wrote:

IS THERE A BETTER TOY COMPANY OUT THERE YOU TRUST?

I only collect Robotech merchandise (and out of that, I focus mostly on Mospeada/New Generation), so my scope and experience with other toy companies is... limited.

CM's Alphas and Betas are alright. The Alphas are WAY sturdier, but more cartoony and less detailed. The CM's cyclones, however, are joke-bad. They *look* great, but don't attempt to try to transform them.

I haven't purchased any of the Yamato or Revoltech items, but I've heard alot of good things about them. I swear - the "Toynami" battlepod sure looks like they just re-packed the Revoltech version. Can anyone speak to the quality of those lines? I'd love to hear more - especially since I can find the Revoltech stuff easily through price comparison shopping engines :)

Once I get some loot Im getting a CM Dark Legioss(aka Shadow Alpha). Its expensive but it will be more of a collectors item than the Aoishimas or the Toynamis. The two battlepod variations will be the last products I buy from Toynami.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
14 years 2 months ago #10159

Replied by Revan-Tam on topic Re:

okay found the manufacture for my non robotech VF
my YF-21 is from yamato and the price was $229 but the quality is mind blowing and I am thinking about getting a YF-19 to go with it once I have more money. my VF-17s and VF-25G is made by Bandai
the VF-17 doesn't have many point of articulation and i looks like it was made in 1989. my VF-25G doesn't truly transform because you have to swap parts out to have it go to other modes but it was only $30
the only thing of Toynami I have is my 1/100 series 1 and the Ben dixon from Series 4 which I repainted into a blue Jack Archer paint job
sure keep shooting...that will make things better
14 years 2 months ago #10160

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds