Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

rtsurfer wrote:

Robotech fans apparently don't sign Robotech related petitions and when they do HG doesn't seem to care. Besides, what's the point of putting the rt.com ban target on your back if it likely won't do any good.

From what I have been told over the years, Tommy has Frank wrapped around his finger and in his eyes can do no wrong. So I don't know if anything will really change in the foreseeable future.

If it were to change...
Tommy would still be useful doing merchandising and promotional art like before. He could probably help develop and flesh out other people's ideas and designs, maybe contribute some art to another Robotech comic if one ever happens. He might also draw new art a revamped rt.com.
Putting Steve in charge of bringing rt.com up to date and revitalizing it might be a good job for him, oh wait I believe that was pretty much the job he was originally hired for.
Both of them supposedly have computer skills, running webslacker and setting up rt.com, as well as computer/animation skills with Steve working for an anime company and Tommy producing the opening sequence for Kevin Altieri's Gen13.

As for Kevin McKeever, what can he do? There were no significant products out for the 25th anniversary and since except for a few toy mecha. There has been no publicity or press coverage to speak of since SR was put on hold except for his abbreviated convention tour.
Look at facebook, why is it that a fan Robotech facebook has 118,885 likes/followers and the official one only has 37,123? Do Robotech fans only search for Robotech stuff like once every five years or something :P Kevin can't even set up a few ads, articles, or interviews to stir up some publicity and visibility for Robotech? Get the franchise some attention so maybe WBs takes notice again.

Nice to know we're pretty much on the same page surfer.

I kind of remember McKeevie saying back in the day that most Robo Tech fans don't use the internet and that con panels and word of mouth were much more effective. But yeah, I don't think the average fan searches for Robo Tech info on a regular basis cause they've learned not to expect anything. Moreover, most fans that would search for info from rt.com have been banned so when Memo and McKeevie say the negative fans are a very small minority, it's just another spin - if most of the negative fans have been banned or alienated on the rt.com site, there definitely won't be a large negative presence.
12 years 10 months ago #16655

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

ps99041 wrote:

Moreover, most fans that would search for info from rt.com have been banned so when Memo and McKeevie say the negative fans are a very small minority, it's just another spin - if most of the negative fans have been banned or alienated on the rt.com site, there definitely won't be a large negative presence.

UMMM.. YOU WEREN'T BANNED FOR BEING NEGATIVE. WHICH FANS STILL IN THE SITE. ONLY KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES A LITTLE BETTER.

THE ONES BANNED ARE VERY SMALL. AND USUALLY CLONED ACCOUNTS AS WELL. SO NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. ;)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #16658

• blackconvoy_D01
  • blackconvoy_D01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

Moreover, most fans that would search for info from rt.com have been banned so when Memo and McKeevie say the negative fans are a very small minority, it's just another spin - if most of the negative fans have been banned or alienated on the rt.com site, there definitely won't be a large negative presence.

UMMM.. YOU WEREN'T BANNED FOR BEING NEGATIVE. WHICH FANS STILL IN THE SITE. ONLY KNOW HOW TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES A LITTLE BETTER.

THE ONES BANNED ARE VERY SMALL. AND USUALLY CLONED ACCOUNTS AS WELL. SO NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. ;)

Right Memo. Sounds like a script we've been sold before.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
12 years 10 months ago #16663

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Right Memo. Sounds like a script we've been sold before.

ASK THE OLDER GUYS HERE. THEY WILL TELL YOU HOW YOU GUYS GOING THE SAME ROAD AS OTHERS HAVE GONE BEFORE. AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

SO.. LIKE YOU, I EXPECT MUCH OF THE SAME.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #16669

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

Unfortunately. Hate to agree, but Memo is right. Since as far back as RT.com under HG ownership, the above senario's have been the same. Probably one of the very few consistent aspects of RT.com.

Make a petiton, get lots of signatures, send it in. It gets cycled to Steve, he checks to see if people were silly enough to use their rt.com usernames, then sooner or later, the excuses come out for bans.

Sure, its a minority, sure there are cloned accounts, but 99% of the time thats never fully proven or explained to an accurate extent.
12 years 10 months ago #16676

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

even only been a fun for almost a year. I think Steve Yun,and Kevin McKeever should go. Tommy Yune might not be the best at job but he has produced contend that sells. Mckeever seems has done more harm than good. To me it seems He chase away more fans than he brings in. Steve Yun has failed to update robotech.com. There are not character bio for the new shadow chronicles characters and that has been release about four years ago. Most companies put up characters bios before a new feature is release. One can argue that he not earning his pay and might be costing hg in lost revenue due to out date site. plus Steve Yun and Mckeever jobs should not be to hard to find replacement with the job market the way it is.
12 years 10 months ago #16677

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

khoroshen wrote:

Unfortunately. Hate to agree, but Memo is right. Since as far back as RT.com under HG ownership, the above senario's have been the same. Probably one of the very few consistent aspects of RT.com.

Make a petiton, get lots of signatures, send it in. It gets cycled to Steve, he checks to see if people were silly enough to use their rt.com usernames, then sooner or later, the excuses come out for bans.

Sure, its a minority, sure there are cloned accounts, but 99% of the time thats never fully proven or explained to an accurate extent.

Well, at least it will give Steve something to do :laugh:
12 years 10 months ago #16678

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

ps99041 wrote:

Well, at least it will give Steve something to do :laugh:

Steve's primary job in HG is working in licensing. He's got a hell of a workload. If it wasn't for his tireless efforts, we wouldn't have the Shadow Chronicles Wallet!
12 years 10 months ago #16681

• blackconvoy_D01
  • blackconvoy_D01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

Memo and Khoro... you two are lapdogs. You've snitched and closed up threads I've made with rational points in the past on rt.com. why should I take what either one of you think, or say with validity. Of course you'd tell me how futile this thread is. I already knew how ineffective this would be to present to HG. I wanted to see who in the fandom was serious about shaking their fist in the air against HG and what they're doing to the Robotech franchise. I'd figured I'd give it one last shot. I am so sad to see how beaten a few thousand in the 10's to the 100's are. Almost subdued by three stoges. But with lackey's that are the likes of you two, plus the other moronic mods at RT, there's no surprise. So you two and those who think that HG puts out the greatest that RT have to offer and defend it to no known end enjoy the ride into obscurity.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
12 years 10 months ago #16684

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

My banning from rt.com came about after I called some of the mods, one in particular ;) , HG's flunkies, then told Steve his behavior was unprofessional. To be fair, I did insist on demotion, to protest rt.com's joke of a rank system, and banning rather than apologizing.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 10 months ago #16686

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds