Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: more words from the wise

I think there is far too much concern with what goes on with the company, and it's not like knowing all the answers is going to solve the problems. They're still going to run the RT franchise however they seem fit. Agree or disagree with them, it's not going to matter really. We're just fans, we're not in the right to tell them how they should run things as I've said before. The frustration just isn't worth it, let HG do what it wants, our bitchings and rantings don't mean a thing to them believe me.

Cause if they meant anything, they'd address our concerns and probably take notes instead of tuning us out or in most of your cases, banning you. Another thing I'd like to point out and I have said this in the past as well, but ROBOTECH is not a number one priority to them, so it's not going to get the best treatment now is it? If anything it's more like a little side project that brings in some extra cash now and then. And with ROBOTECH'S reputation in the hardcore anime fandom, there's really no viable marketing potential. Sure it will remain popular to those who grew up with the series but that's just the nostalgia factor, and sure you have those rare fans who recently discover it or whatever, but how often does that happen?

Not to mention Continuing the story of Robotech isn't easy, well maybe if its in written or comic form, but animation? Not so much...........and I'd like to assume that by now most of us know why that is, since there's been countless debates and drama over the subject as a whole. So a lot of beloved characters have to be killed off........meh

But again what do you hope to accomplish here? HG isn't going to care about some fan made petition, or either if you have more marketing experience than they do, not going to matter to them, they're doing what they want how they want to. Again this is why the whole thing is a lost cause.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
12 years 10 months ago #16763

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: words from the wise

EVERYONE IS GIVING A GOOD DEBATE OVER HG. I CAN TAKE POINT FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENTS BUT YOU GUYS SAYING IT BETTER THAN I WOULD.

khoroshen wrote:

Convoy. IIRC, Steve Yun is a licensing worker(Manager I think) for HG Companies, the whole thing, not just Robotech. I could be wrong since I havent kept up to date with HG staff for like 4-5yrs almost, sure Memo can clarify better, perhaps.

CORRECT.

STEVE IS NOT ONLY INVOLVED WITH JUST ROBOTECH. SOME OF HIS DUTY'S DO BRANCH OUT WITHIN THE COMPANY. ANYTHING SPECIFIC I COULD NOT TELL YOU SINCE I DON'T KNOW. THAT WOULD INCLUDE KEVIN AS WELL.

Biollante wrote:

Mike aka Seto Kaiba on macross world, once told me they are involved in the Real Estate portion of the business, but its obvious they have other jobs outside of HG because they couldn't survive on HG alone.

I hope I'm making sense cause I'm pretty disoriented right now

THEY ARE MORE INVOLVED IN THE HOLLYWOOD BUSINESS THAN WHAT PEOPLE THINK. PROBLEM IS THEY UNDER DIFFERENT NAME.

NOT SURE IF INTERSOUND BELONGED TO THE AGRAMA'S
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 10 months ago #16766

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

Yes we do have a good debate going, and I'd rather debate than argue or fight any day. Debates are healthy, fighting is not. By sticking to debating the subject, we are showing how mature we are, and can handle disagreeing without resorting to insults. It's always good to respect the opinions of another =]

12 years 10 months ago #16768

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: words from the wise

rtsurfer wrote:

I think the points and promises of sneak peeks were actually more to encourage activity and fan participation on the site, I just don't think they were ready for what they stirred up. Yeah, a lot of it was just spam but I think many people were trying to get into the coveted Officer/Lt's forum before they shut the point system down. I remember how upset people who weren't in the beta test were about the changes to the point system.
RT.com had a profound effect on the fandom, A number of fan sites shut down or stopped updating since they were no longer needed or thinking they couldn't compete with the power of the official site. Portions of this new site created by staff from some of the more well known and most used Robotech fan sites at that time. It drew a lot of fans out and together but where are they now.
At some point HG apparently decided they didn't need the hassle from all the other site crap, so they concentrated on the store, pretty much stopped updating the site (ironically they don't update the store itself most of the time lol) except for sales and con articles, and turned the forums over to fan mods who knew what they expected.

Yeah. Way I saw that was HG's attempt to centralise the fan base keep them on their store front and buy exclusively on rt.com. As I always used to tell people, you can find RT products everywhere, however the easy option of going to rt.com store was often the more expensive. $80 for an MPC VF-1, I could buy a similar(ok so Macross) product and ship it home from Japan in that, not including RT.coms added Shipping costs. Local collector store here, where I bought pretty much all my VF-1 MPC's were selling them at the equiveland of the $40 price, brand new still in card box packaging.

Lynn/Memo. Its one of those things. People are pasionate about their loves, their hobbies, and interests. Some people do a lot of good in working to build up fandom, and putting theirselves up there in the community. Few people become successfull, but when they do they get reveared like a powerhouse. Downside is, when lots of people start to be like this, I'm not sure how it happens, but its seems like they start to believe they can change or influence on the industry level. I put my hands up on that one, in both RT and yeah, Wing Commander(for shame, lol). Its just natural human thing.
12 years 10 months ago #16769

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: words from the wise

Well I understand that, because I too have things I am passionate about as well. Only, you don't want to put yourself out there and give others the impression that YOU can change things when in reality you can't. Others can and will agree with your views but they should never believe or be led to believe that your voice, your opinion is going to change the way things are cause it won't. Again this is why petitions are simply pointless, trying to hound the staff of HG is pointless because they won't answer, or at least NOT give you the answers you're looking for. If they can just ban you like that *snaps fingers* without so much as understanding what you're saying, even if you come off as civil as you can get, then why bother? Getting banned from RT.com is a blessing in disguise when you think about it.

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by LadyGrimes.
12 years 10 months ago #16770

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: words from the wise

Most Robotech fans aren't going to participate for various reasons and I think we all understand that. The ones who might have in the past are at this point pretty much jaded or disheartened. Even if you could get 10's or 100's of thousands to sign a petition, Harmony Gold wouldn't give a crap.

If I were going to start a campaign, I would start by contacting Tobey's pr rep, his production companies pr co, and his facebook if he has one. Then I would contact Warner Bros on multiple levels, pr for tv, pr for motion pics, pr for video distribution, pr for DC comics, pr for DC entertainment, and the exec who is over Robotech. Start with pleasant inquiries about the status or Robotech and who at WB/DC/etc represents the property and any current or future projects. Really talk the studio and Robotech up, just don't sound fanish or go overboard. Maybe even use the guise of doing a research paper or article on Robotech, perhaps for your revive Robotech facebook and blog pages. Don't forget to start those and promote them on any facebook page, blog, or website that's Robotech related. If you promote them well and give people something interesting to read and believe in there's where your "virtual" signatures come from. Just remember not to seem angry or vengeful, its about getting Robotech back in the spotlight and producing new stuff not attacking those who got it where it is now. Don't forget to let WBs now about your group once you have significant numbers.
It would be a long shot and take a lot of work but it would have a better shot than dealing with HG directly, and if by some slim chance it did work you would be letting WBs deal with HG for the fans.

Hey Memo, why was this site created? What is its purpose, and why didn't you try to make rt.com better?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 10 months ago #16771

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: words from the wise

Sure it would be nice to have those answers, but don't get your hopes up. I still have the feeling we'll never see a live action movie, gut feeling at that and I haven't any proof of the matter, but that's what I believe. If you were to contact Toby or WB, you'd probably find out that the project has been scrapped.............maybe silently, but for certain. As someone said not too long ago, that the only use of RT has been similar movies. Which is why it's been simple to say that some of these movies WERE the RT LAM in disguise........under another title what have you, but its obvious similar ideas and themes were used.

And you know I'm right, there's been quite a few movies to come out that were thought to be the RT movie under a different name. But like I explained a while back, if WB sees the RT name as marketable , they're going to use the name not try to hide it. So if there ever is a robotech movie, its going to have the title robotech in it. But at this point no one knows what happened with that project, was announced in 2007 and here it is 2011...........wheres the progress? Where's the updates? Gut feeling tells me its a done deal.

12 years 10 months ago #16772

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: words from the wise

rtsurfer wrote:

Hey Memo, why was this site created? What is its purpose

www.robotechx.com/about-the-site.html

Written by David Pena
Thursday, 13 March 2008 11:19

In late 2007 a group of Robotech enthusiasts had an idea. They wanted to bring Robotech fans from around the world together on a site as well as outside. In a nutshell, the site was to be fan-based: by the fans, for the fans. With creative liberties, the goal of RobotechX is to bring about all aspects of the Robotech universe.

and why didn't you try to make rt.com better?

I DON'T OWN ROBOTECH.COM
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #16773

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

The W.B. right now is biggest road block to shadow rising. When even Hg start investing money in sidequal it sign that W.B. are taking too long and waiting longer mean loss profits. We just get very info on production because that Hg policy. They are so some what predictable.

If fans can find way of our interest in Robotech live action movie in big enough numbers then W.B. might put it on fast track. If script writing and legal rights are problem than we the fans can suggest the Sentinels story ark which can easy reworked into a live action moive. It something to my knowledge that has not be tried. How ever as things are right now I more certain of sideqaul being finished than RLM ever being started. Yet I only being fan for ten mouths.
12 years 10 months ago #16774

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

WB is not a road block to Shadow Rising..........

12 years 10 months ago #16778

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds