Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

Biollante wrote:

WB is not a road block to Shadow Rising..........

Hehe, I would say that is probably true.
12 years 10 months ago #16779

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

seriously now, they could only use that one as a blatant excuse for doing NOTHING

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
12 years 10 months ago #16782

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

heh. I would say WB is the main cause of a block on Shadow Rising, however they may impart to HG the idea of delaying stuff in order to wrap up different productions in one fail sweep. Call it minor cock-blocking. lol
12 years 10 months ago #16787

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

khoroshen wrote:

heh. I would say WB is the main cause of a block on Shadow Rising, however they may impart to HG the idea of delaying stuff in order to wrap up different productions in one fail sweep. Call it minor cock-blocking. lol

And how did I know you'd use that term? Because it's you =P but anyways back on topic..........if HG wanted to get the ball moving on Shadow Rising, they would. I think its just pure laziness on their part. Aren't we also expecting that movie in 2011? Shit won't be much longer and 2012 will be here, and what will they have to say then?

12 years 10 months ago #16790

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

^Tommy and Kev have gone on and on about how it's such a huge benefit for them to wait on the LAM, and how it influences/impacts SR and other potential productions -- the whole coattails thing. In response to a question concerning why the new animated project didn't have to follow the LAM's coattails, Tommy explained it was because this was a smaller project it's not as big a concern.
Personally, I think its due to contractual obligations with WBs or a need for their approval/blessing, and WBs doesn't really care about this insignificant sidequel.
So it seems like HG is either sitting on its hands or has them tied.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 10 months ago #16793

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

I think the delay in SR is due to a contract with WB too which is why the non-disclosure agreement is so convenient. But I've been told that the delay in SR is NOT due to the delay in the LAM despite multiple videos saying the success of SR is affected by the impact of the LAM. I'm still guilty of coming to a conclusion based on evidence. Damn...
12 years 10 months ago #16795

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Well now it seems that WB is the one sitting on their hands when it comes to the LAM/LAMB maybe at this point they aren't sure if RT is marketable since the whole 80's cartoon to LAM boat has sailed and people are burnt out. But again we don't know anything really as far as where it stands. There's possibly completed scripts and what not, but nothing to confirm whether its been green lit or not. Then of course you have those moments where a movie with a similar theme is announced and then some of us think, is that it under a different title? Answer? No it's not, no matter how much some of us want to believe it is. I'm still going with the opinion that we'll probably never see this project come to light, and I have my reasons just as you all have yours. But let's also be honest here, would a live action movie REALLY be that great? oh sure mecha on the big screen kicking ass, okay that's awesome as shit but what about characters? The story? Would it translate just as well to live action? Would it have the same effect, the same impact? Or would you be sitting there thinking to yourself...........wow he/she is NOTHING like the character, or ......this didn't happen in the series!

Bottom line is, we'd end up comparing the thing to the show because we'd want it so much to live up to our standards and during the points it didn't match up, we'd be heavily disappointed. To some the live action movie sounds cool and that's great, you have the right to think its a cool idea and then there are those of us who are just like.........oh, no thanks not for me, just leave it alone. So in some cases, it's kind of good the project isn't green lit. I even remember the tons of threads on RT.com where people would say they want to a see a live action movie, and there were a lot of replies that said no, its a bad idea. I think at some point, there were so many threads about the subject that one of the mods ended up combining all of them into one big thread. Anyone else remember that? I think at the time I was there on a different username and it was the year 2003........ah well doesn't matter, point is a lot of people don't think its a good idea and I agree with them. Just won't translate well...........maybe for a mindless action flick a-la Transformers but as far as ground breaking everything............not so much.

But if WB are holding HG back, then that is kind of shitty, because if WB won't get the ball rolling on the movie then HG is stuck............even screwed. It's like find a damn director already, green light that shit, start filming or something! Y/N?

maybe I should get into the movie business heh =X

I could just see myself now.............."This script is shitty, re-write it please"

"Live action BARBIE? You're fucking retarded, how about LIVE ACTION LEGOS?"

[goes through pile of scripts] "crap, crap, crap, crap, straight to DVD, crap, might be good, crap, crap, crap.......why is there so much fucking crap? I HATE this job!"

on the other hand, I think I'll stick to what I'm doing....

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by LadyGrimes.
12 years 10 months ago #16799

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

So I guess a Live action Atlantech is out of the question? :laugh:

It does look a little like the whole 80's toon hype is wearing out. I don't think its about fans, proffits, etc, but mostly because of the financial climate, the return of the cheap 30mil. movie budgets, etc.

However the fan sentiments are similar with me. I don't think that the movie would do great with not just the existing fanbase but anime/toon fans in general. 3 separate shows steeped in story and drama, combined to make an even bigger story/drama. You cant put 85eps worth of character development, drama, and interactions in a trilogy, let alone a kickstart movie. The 1st six episodes alone, would actually be enough story/content to make a good movie, even if all things Robotech was changed into some other 'tech'.

Revision what we dont know of the Sentinels arc to fit in-line with the show + TSC, and do that as a movie. Or something completely original. Re-open the futuristic wound that is RT3K. Regardless, I think they should just buy the ownership of the Wing Commander Movie and hack that. lol
12 years 10 months ago #16810

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

or stop being ape asses and let Nenad and crew finish Genesis

12 years 10 months ago #16815

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

Nenad can finish Genesis if he

grants...Harmony Gold the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, and distribute such material (in whole or in part) throughout the universe and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed, for the full term of any copyright, trademark or patent that may exist in such material for any purpose that Harmony Gold chooses, whether internal, public, commercial, or otherwise, without any compensation, credit or notice to the sender whatsoever.

And

waives all so-called "moral rights"

to Genesis.

:huh: :ohmy: :dry: :unsure: :(
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 10 months ago #16816

Time to create page: 0.593 seconds