Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

• blackconvoy_D01
  • blackconvoy_D01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Exactly what I'd thought you'd say Memo. Well good luck with that form of narrow mindedness. Im sorry that Steve, Kevin, and Tommy, including those who harbor their ideals are so sensitive and easily brused by honesty, constructive critism and direct speaking. Probably why Robotech is not making it currently.

IT'S GETTING TO THE POINT. FEEL FREE TO SING ALL YOU WANT. THE POINT IS YOU POSTED IT IN THE WRONG WAY. AND YOU DID NOT CARE EITHER.

YOU KINDA THROW THAT "honesty, constructive critism and direct speaking" OUT THE WINDOW.

NOW, IF I READ YOUR PAGE, WILL IT BE HONEST, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISM, AND DIRECT SPEAKING? OR JUST BASHING?

My page is factual and honest. My post at RT.com was not wrong to the person, but to the staff it was because they cant be asked or told in direct speech. They cant handle it. They dont like it. Call it what you want. And If I wanted to complain, guess what, On RT.com I could. Because I am (was) a proven consumer/ customer of their brand. I could say exactly what I was feeling. Had I taken it to BBB, guess who they wouldve sided with? Oh wait, I forgot who I'm talking too. In your eyes I'd be wrong regardless right Memo?
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
12 years 10 months ago #16734

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

AH. SO THERE WERE AMPLE WARNINGS AND THEY WERE IGNORED WHEN BOTHERING AN ADMIN, WHICH IN THIS CASE WAS TOMMY THAT GOT YOU GUYS BANNED.

FAIR ENOUGH.

I can't believe it was Tommy (dripping with sarcasm) because he told Steve it was okay for us to ask the questions and he kept coming back for more. Tommy would even pop in sometimes during the middle of the night when only a couple of people were there and have informal discussions with them. I vaguely recall on one occasions we discussed aspects of the Invasion game before it was completed and on another we discussed designs he was working on for Prelude.
When someone in Tommy's position puts themselves out in the public, especially when they accept and in some cases request questions, they shouldn't be surprised when they actually get them and follow up questions when they don't fully answer the originals. As for the nature and content of questions, its not like there was a rule that they had to be easy or non-controversial. I'm sure Steve would have liked such a rule. ;)
On one occasion I did agree that I had crossed the line and publicly apologized to Tommy, IIRC he said it wasn't a big deal and not to worry about it.

Hey Memo, weren't you the one who warned me that there was a target on my back at rt.com. I think you even gave me a few of the other names on that ban hit list.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 10 months ago #16735

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

rtsurfer wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

AH. SO THERE WERE AMPLE WARNINGS AND THEY WERE IGNORED WHEN BOTHERING AN ADMIN, WHICH IN THIS CASE WAS TOMMY THAT GOT YOU GUYS BANNED.

FAIR ENOUGH.

Hey Memo, weren't you the one who warned me that there was a target on my back at rt.com. I think you even gave me a few of the other names on that ban hit list.

Why does it seem as if some play sides?
12 years 10 months ago #16736

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

My page is factual and honest. My post at RT.com was not wrong to the person, but to the staff it was because they cant be asked or told in direct speech. They cant handle it. They dont like it. Call it what you want. And If I wanted to complain, guess what, On RT.com I could. Because I am (was) a proven consumer/ customer of their brand. I could say exactly what I was feeling. Had I taken it to BBB, guess who they wouldve sided with? Oh wait, I forgot who I'm talking too. In your eyes I'd be wrong regardless right Memo?

DEPENDS HOW YOU EXPRESS IT.

IF I START READING YOUR PAGE... SAY IT GETS TO ANNOYING FOR MY READING, THEN I MOVE ON. NO PROBLEM.

NOW RT.COM IS A CORPORATE SITE. THEIR RULES. IF YOU FEEL TO GO OFF, THEN YOU SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES.

AND DO YOU NEED TO STRETCH WITH BBB COMMENT? SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT GETTING TO THE POINT?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #16737

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

AND DO YOU NEED TO STRETCH WITH BBB COMMENT? SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT GETTING TO THE POINT?

I see that I need to stop here Memo. You're like the driver who rear ends someone on the street, and then comes around to ask, do we really need to call the cops or our insurance co's? What would HG be so afraid of from BBB? Perhaps there is a track record with them regardfing HG activity and poor business practices? HG representing RT is the business, and they've treated me as well as others poorly as customers. Where is the BBB out or off point?
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
12 years 10 months ago #16738

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

rtsurfer wrote:

I can't believe it was Tommy (dripping with sarcasm) because he told Steve it was okay for us to ask the questions and he kept coming back for more. Tommy would even pop in sometimes during the middle of the night when only a couple of people were there and have informal discussions with them. I vaguely recall on one occasions we discussed aspects of the Invasion game before it was completed and on another we discussed designs he was working on for Prelude.
When someone in Tommy's position puts themselves out in the public, especially when they accept and in some cases request questions, they shouldn't be surprised when they actually get them and follow up questions when they don't fully answer the originals. As for the nature and content of questions, its not like there was a rule that they had to be easy or non-controversial. I'm sure Steve would have liked such a rule. ;)
On one occasion I did agree that I had crossed the line and publicly apologized to Tommy, IIRC he said it wasn't a big deal and not to worry about it.

JUST THAT ONE INSTANCE, THAT ONE TIME YOU GUYS WERE TOLD TO BACK OFF. WHICH RESULTED IN BANNING.

Hey Memo, weren't you the one who warned me that there was a target on my back at rt.com. I think you even gave me a few of the other names on that ban hit list

COULD HAVE. I WARN A LOT OF PEOPLE ALL THE TIME WHEN THEY PUSHING TO MUCH.
12 years 10 months ago #16739

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

I see that I need to stop here Memo. You're like the driver who rear ends someone on the street, and then comes around to ask, do we really need to call the cops or our insurance co's? What would HG be so afraid of from BBB? Perhaps there is a track record with them regardfing HG activity and poor business practices? HG representing RT is the business, and they've treated me as well as others poorly as customers. Where is the BBB out or off point?

OOOKAY... MOVING ON THEN...

:huh:
12 years 10 months ago #16740

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

OOOKAY... MOVING ON THEN...

:huh:

Yeah, exactly!

Could you imagine enough dedicated people in the fanbase who really wanted to change things at HG, and the power they could have to do so? Purely speculative. But we all know that A- rating is more than likely not correct.

www.la.bbb.org/business-reviews/General-...-Angeles-CA-13159438
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
12 years 10 months ago #16741

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Fire/ Terminate the HG staff who are managing Robotech petition!

rtsurfer wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

FAIR ENOUGH.

Hey Memo, weren't you the one who warned me that there was a target on my back at rt.com. I think you even gave me a
few of the other names on that ban hit list.

This is why I think it's a good idea for the HG staff to stay out of the forums since their presence doesn't provide a benefit. Just let the fans rant with each other since the HG staff will call you out but can't handle the responses they receive.
12 years 10 months ago #16743

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic words from the wise

I think one thing a lot of you fail to understand is that it's the company's website, so they're going to run it however they choose, whether or not you agree or disagree with the rules. And this is actually something someone else pointed out to me a while back, but I've come to realize it for myself. You can say they're being unfair, taking sides, banning people for no good reason, and that's fine and it may be true but again, their site, their rules, their way of running things. Therefore, all the drama which surrounds the site is a lost cause, it isn't worth get riled up over, isn't worth all the frustrations either. If you get banned, then oh well, I've been banned and I dealt with it. There will always be other sites that WILL allow you to say what you want without being called out for it.

As for the way HG handle the franchise? That's out of our hands, they will do what they want with it, sure it may suck but that's just the way things are. You can't change them, no petition is going to change a damn thing, no matter HOW many signatures you get. Won't change a thing, so the best way to deal with it? Appreciate whats already there, in this case, the original series, books, comics and toys. Trying to get HG to see things differently is a lost cause, you can't tell them how to run things because they will do it their way regardless. So just remember that.........we can all sit bitch, piss, and moan but what does that do? Nothing, absolutely nothing. You have the right to your own opinion, but you don't have the right to tell others how to do things, even if their way is shitty.

HG may not know squat about how to manage the franchise, but again as I've said we have the right to bitch about it, but we have no right to tell them how to do it. Just as they have no right to tell us how to act. It all comes down to choice, and we choose to bitch about them, we choose to complain, we choose to start petitions in hopes of changing things, when we should realize its all just a waste of time. Why waste our time getting angry over something we have NO control over? Did you ever stop and think about that?

and just for the record I had neither a cigarette or a beer when I made this post.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
12 years 10 months ago #16744

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds