Robotech Live Action Movie

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

This makes me literally just laugh...nothing new just more of the same.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
11 years 9 months ago #19136

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

Richardmvela wrote:

This makes me literally just laugh...nothing new just more of the same.

Nothing new? The color of the WB image was altered from prior years. If THAT doesn't mean something is happening, I don't know what would. Actually, maybe some proof like an actual update would work.
11 years 9 months ago #19138

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

DONT KNOW HOW EACH ONE IS INVOLVED. OR HOW THEY WERE INVOLVED.

STORY WISE USING THEIR NAMES HG KNOWS WHATS ON THE SCRIPT TO BE STILL NAMING THE SURE WRITERS. SO EITHER THEY TOOK SOME ELEMENTS OR ADDED TO THE SCRIPT. PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART THOUGHT BUT MOST LOGICAL.

TOM ROB SMITH SAID HE WROTE HIS PART BUT IS NOT PART OF THE PRODUCTION SO HE DOES NOT KNOW.

RECENT ADDITION IN THE SCREENPLAY WAS CRAIG SILVERSTEIN. AND YET HE IS NOT NAMED BY HG. ONLY THE OTHER PRODUCERS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 9 months ago #19142

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

ps99041 wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

But those writers are no longer working on the project, right?

No, they MUST still be working on the project since they're on the HG power point slide.

Yes, silly me. Of course you're right. :P
11 years 9 months ago #19149

Casting Call: Maguire Joins LABOR DAY

collider.com/maguire-labor-day-wilde-liv.../179329/#more-179329

Posted: July 11th, 2012 at 2:36 pm

We’ve got a few quick casting stories for you this afternoon. First up, Tobey Maguire has joined the cast of Jason Reitman‘s Labor Day. The film “centers on a 13-year-old boy who convinces his reclusive mother to take in a drifter over Labor Day weekend. It’s later revealed that the man is an escaped convict and the three spend a weekend together that will shape them for the rest of their lives.” According to Deadline, Maguire will play the adult version of the boy, and Maguire also narrates the film. He joins Kate Winslet, Josh Brolin, J.K. Simmons, Brooke Smith, Gattlin Griffith, and Brighid Fleming. I haven’t seen enough Maguire in theaters lately (his last movie was 2009′s Brothers), but his film The Details, which played at Sundance 2011, will finally see the light of day in September, and I’m looking forward to his portrayal of Nick Carraway in Baz Luhrmann‘s The Great Gatsby this December.

Hit the jump for casting news on new additions to Drinking Buddies. Filming on Labor Day begins later this month in Massachusetts.

According to Deadline, Olivia Wilde, Ron Livingston, and Jake Johnson have joined the cast of Joe Swanberg‘s indie improv comedy Drinking Buddies. As we reported yesterday, Anna Kendrick will play the female lead in the movie, which “centers on a fun and flirtatious friendship that goes off the rails.” Livingston will play the male lead, but there are currently no details on Wilde or Johnson’s roles. Filming on the micro-budget flick is set to begin later this summer in Chicago.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 9 months ago #19323

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

So, another update to show the RT: LAM isn't showing up anytime soon. Thanks!
11 years 9 months ago #19324

ps99041 wrote:

So, another update to show the RT: LAM isn't showing up anytime soon. Thanks!

CORRECT.

STILL GOING TO BE A WHILE.
11 years 9 months ago #19325

• BenYbgib
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • The ghost of Ben Dixon Lives on!!!
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by BenYbgib on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

Huh... This might mean that work on the Live Action movie will be postponed. At worst, it will end with the Live Action Movie being scrapped!!! www.robotechx.com/components/com_kunena/...sh/emoticons/sad.png

On the Plus side, if the RLAM gets cancelled, HG will have more time to focus on Shadow Rising!!! :cheer:
Member of the Earth Liberation force. We will NOT STOP until the Earth is taken back from the Inbit!!!
DOL member
11 years 9 months ago #19441

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

BenYbgib wrote:

Huh... This might mean that work on the Live Action movie will be postponed. At worst, it will end with the Live Action Movie being scrapped!!! www.robotechx.com/components/com_kunena/...sh/emoticons/sad.png

On the Plus side, if the RLAM gets cancelled, HG will have more time to focus on Shadow Rising!!! :cheer:

HG isn't working on the RLAM, they're merely "advising." As such, I think they've got nothing BUT time right now.

And, er, nothing is showing that the RLAM is being postponed. Where are you getting that info from?
11 years 9 months ago #19449

• BenYbgib
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • The ghost of Ben Dixon Lives on!!!
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by BenYbgib on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

I suspect that one of the reasons why its Taking so long to get production for the RLAM running is due to tension from Big West and the adjacent dilemma with the Macross story. :S
Member of the Earth Liberation force. We will NOT STOP until the Earth is taken back from the Inbit!!!
DOL member
11 years 9 months ago #19456

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds