Robotech Live Action Movie

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

So, wait...Memo, to be clear, does Mav "know Hollywood" or not? A simple "Yes, he does" or "No, he doesn't" will suffice.
11 years 9 months ago #19496

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

Waters7 wrote;

Also, a few weeks ago you were bragging about how you graduated from Raindance Filmaking and how you shared the same program with people like Chris Nolan and Guy Ritchie

Meet my teacher, Elliot Grove of Raindance Toronto;

raindancecanada.com/raindance-toronto/

as quoted from the website;

Few people know more filmmakers and screenwriters in Europe than Raindance founder Elliot Grove. He has presided over the launch of some of the most interesting filmmakers working today. Edgar Wright was his first intern, Guy Ritchie and Matthew Vaughn met at a Raindance course in the mid 1990′s, Christopher Nolan and Gareth Edwards(Monsters) all launched their careers following film training courses at Raindance.

Btw, he's canadian. ;)

blackconvoy_D01 wrote;

Keep our Teamsters? The Toronto film industry? Im sorry, was the Dark Knight Rises or Avengers solely filmed in Toronto? What about Titanic? No, of course not. We'll keep the hits, you can have your lame film industry.

Yep, someone atleast understood what I've meant in that hint I've dropped. ;)

Like I said, I know Toronto and I know film making, especially independent film making. I'm not naive regarding what's ruining the Hollywood system.

But no worries, we'll keep Pacific Rim, Total Recall, Kick Ass 2 and Robocop!

Gubaba wrote;

So, wait...Memo, to be clear, does Mav "know Hollywood" or not? A simple "Yes, he does" or "No, he doesn't" will suffice.

I can answer for myself, watch this clip and see if you can spot me. Memo should be able to recognize me. ;)

The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
11 years 8 months ago #19508

• Waters7
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Waters7 on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

MY STICK BIGGER THAN YOURS....

What are you?? Five years old? :lol:
Next thing that you will say is that you know how Hollywood works... wait, you actually did say that :lol:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

FOR ME ITS NOT JUST AN ASSUMPTION. I ACTUALLY CAME ACROSS A FEW PEOPLE WHO ARE ALSO PRODUCING RLAM. EITHER THROUGH JASON NETTER AND HIS GROUP OR OTHERS OVER THE YEARS.

AH THERE... I NAMED ONE SOURCE GROUP.

Good for you MEMO but at the end of the day, whatever you say is all talk as neither Jason Netter or whatever groups you spoke with are going to come in to confirm nor deny your claims

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

BY ANY CHANCE, TALKING TO THE CONTACT, I KNOW IT WOULD PROBABLY BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST QUESTIONS AROUND AND YOU PROBABLY ASKED OR MAYBE NOT... WILL THE STORY START IN THE FIRST GENERATION (MACROSS)?

Outside of a general comment about how the group was approached to help produce (in other words, help with the financing) of the movie, the conversation centered pretty much around the 80's franchises Like G.I. Joe and Transformers.

MaverickLSC wrote:

Meet my teacher, Elliot Grove of Raindance Toronto;

raindancecanada.com/raindance-toronto/

as quoted from the website;

This is all nice for him... but how does this apply to YOU knowing how Hollywood works... ;)

MaverickLSC wrote:

Like I said, I know Toronto and I know film making, especially independent film making. I'm not naive regarding what's ruining the Hollywood system.

But no worries, we'll keep Pacific Rim, Total Recall, Kick Ass 2 and Robocop!

And what are your credits?? Or are we supposed to take the productions that you mentioned as proof of your knowledge? Or better yet... are you trying to imply that you worked on those movies?

And by the way... the films that you mentioned and several other films and tv shows are filmed in Canada not because of the production value or the talent that the country offers, but because it's a lot cheaper to make movies up there than it is here in the old US and A B)

I can answer for myself, watch this clip and see if you can spot me. Memo should be able to recognize me.

The only good thing about the vid you posted is the girls rear... or you going to imply that you had something to do with that as well? :lol:
11 years 8 months ago #19537

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

Waters7 wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

FOR ME ITS NOT JUST AN ASSUMPTION. I ACTUALLY CAME ACROSS A FEW PEOPLE WHO ARE ALSO PRODUCING RLAM. EITHER THROUGH JASON NETTER AND HIS GROUP OR OTHERS OVER THE YEARS.

AH THERE... I NAMED ONE SOURCE GROUP.

Good for you MEMO but at the end of the day, whatever you say is all talk as neither Jason Netter or whatever groups you spoke with are going to come in to confirm nor deny your claims

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

BY ANY CHANCE, TALKING TO THE CONTACT, I KNOW IT WOULD PROBABLY BE ONE OF THE BIGGEST QUESTIONS AROUND AND YOU PROBABLY ASKED OR MAYBE NOT... WILL THE STORY START IN THE FIRST GENERATION (MACROSS)?

Outside of a general comment about how the group was approached to help produce (in other words, help with the financing) of the movie, the conversation centered pretty much around the 80's franchises Like G.I. Joe and Transformers.

I PUT LINKS TO ANY SUBJECT THAT I FIND ON RLAM OR OTHER THINGS FOR THAT MATTER. WILL PUT MY SPECULATION OR OPINION ON CERTAIN TOPICS.

EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION AND SPECULATION. PROBLEM IS SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE OTHERS OPINION AND OF COURSE THE FIVE YEAR OLD FIGHTS START. ;)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 8 months ago #19540

Waters7 wrote;

The only good thing about the vid you posted is the girls rear... or you going to imply that you had something to do with that as well?

The girls were used in the scene in which the script calls for the modeling shoot of Thong man with some pretty models. Yeah, they were quite distracting. Even our cameraman had a hard time focusing. :laugh:

I'm in the background with the cel phone, running things for Kevin Johnston our producer as I walk past their shot.

Waters7 wrote;

This is all nice for him... but how does this apply to YOU knowing how Hollywood works...

Yeah, so am I to assume you're putting Chris Nolan, Guy Richie and others of Raindance in the same boat.

So pray tell what's your credentials Waters7, got a clip to submit?

It's not hard when you're filmed for the 'Behind the scenes' footage of a film production. ;)

Mav...
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by MaverickLSC.
11 years 8 months ago #19545

MaverickLSC wrote:

Waters7 wrote;

This is all nice for him... but how does this apply to YOU knowing how Hollywood works...

Yeah, so am I to assume you're putting Chris Nolan, Guy Richie and others of Raindance in the same boat.

It's not hard when you're filmed for the 'Behind the scenes' footage of a film production. ;)

Mav...

SEE WATERS7, A LOT OF THINGS IS JUST COMMON SENSE WHAT GOES ON AROUND YOU. ONE DOES NOT HAVE TO KNOW EVERY DETAIL BEHIND THE SCENES TO KNOW HOW THINGS WORK. LOOK UP A FEW LINKS TO CONFIRM AND SEE AND COME WITH YOUR OWN JUDGMENT. EVERYONE IS ALLOWED THAT. OF COURSE IF YOU ARE IN THE "INDUSTRY' THEN YOU HAVE A BETTER EAR THAN MOST. AND THANKS TO THE INTERNET PEOPLE HAVE ACCESS TO THOSE THINGS. HOW TO MAKE VIDEOS, HOW TO MAKE A MOVIE, HOW TO WORK ON PRODUCTIONS AND SO ON AND SO FORTH.

CREATES GREAT DEBATE IN SPECULATION. WE HAVE SAID THAT MANY TIMES.
11 years 8 months ago #19552

• Waters7
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I PUT LINKS TO ANY SUBJECT THAT I FIND ON RLAM OR OTHER THINGS FOR THAT MATTER. WILL PUT MY SPECULATION OR OPINION ON CERTAIN TOPICS.

Yes, you do put links but even then, you are unable to convey the information from the original source. I.e. the MOSPEADA Blu Ray link...you went out saying it was Tatsunoko producing it when it wasn't. then we have the Cary Fukunaga fiasco. I can continue with this but it will take me all day and I value my time B)

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION AND SPECULATION. PROBLEM IS SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE OTHERS OPINION AND OF COURSE THE FIVE YEAR OLD FIGHTS START. ;)

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, the sad part is when some one comes around that does not agree with your opinion you have this need of being the person with the last word.

MaverickLSC wrote:

I'm not putting them on YOUR same boat Mav (you wish)... the one that is doing this is you. I assume that by you making this association with Chris Nolan and Guy Ritchie (i'm sorry, I don't know a Guy Richie) you are pretending or trying to pass on as some one that is in the known.

Sad true is, being a water boy on a film set of a movie called "Thong Man" does not even come close to the credentials of the people that you so desperate want to be associated with.

MaverickLSC wrote:

It's not hard when you're filmed for the 'Behind the scenes' footage of a film production.

Mav...

I did help produce a short film back in college for some of my friends, alas, since it was a school project for them, they retained distribution rights. Does that means that I know how mexican cinema works? Of course not, but I don't need to be someone in the known in order to spot some poser or wanna be ;)

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

SEE WATERS7, A LOT OF THINGS IS JUST COMMON SENSE WHAT GOES ON AROUND YOU. ONE DOES NOT HAVE TO KNOW EVERY DETAIL BEHIND THE SCENES TO KNOW HOW THINGS WORK. LOOK UP A FEW LINKS TO CONFIRM AND SEE AND COME WITH YOUR OWN JUDGMENT. EVERYONE IS ALLOWED THAT. OF COURSE IF YOU ARE IN THE "INDUSTRY' THEN YOU HAVE A BETTER EAR THAN MOST. AND THANKS TO THE INTERNET PEOPLE HAVE ACCESS TO THOSE THINGS. HOW TO MAKE VIDEOS, HOW TO MAKE A MOVIE, HOW TO WORK ON PRODUCTIONS AND SO ON AND SO FORTH.

MEMO, there is a big difference between speculative opinion and informed opinion. Then of course we have fanboy opinion which is the worst kind of opinion as it does not help advance the subject.
You guys coming around saying how Hollywood works, that studios are quaking in their boots, trying to pass productions as Robotech LAM is disguised and trying to be associated with directors like Chris Nolan and Guy Ritchie because you went to the same school; is nothing but fanboy opinion.

Yes, you can do research online and figure nout how movie production works, but is a far cry from actually working making movies and even further away from working in Hollywood.

Now, as far as Frank Agrama or any HG employee relation to the LAM, we all have to wait until the LAM is done to really confirm who did what... and that is if it ever gets completed and released.
11 years 8 months ago #19555

Waters7 wrote:

Yes, you do put links but even then, you are unable to convey the information from the original source. I.e. the MOSPEADA Blu Ray link...you went out saying it was Tatsunoko producing it when it wasn't.

SO, TATSUNOKO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PRODUCTION? IS IT A NEW ANIMATION BEING PRODUCED WITHOUT TATSUNOKO INVOLVEMENT?

then we have the Cary Fukunaga fiasco. I can continue with this but it will take me all day and I value my time B)

WE ALL VALUE TIME. BUT HERE WE GO...

FROM SYLVAIN WHITE THREAD HERE.
A DIRECTOR WHO HAS NO PROBLEM IN HOPING TO GET THE GIG FOR THE RLAM.

TO DIRECTOR CARY FUKUNAGA ARTICLE WHO WENT FROM NOT DOING IT TO BEING ON THE FENCE ABOUT IT SINCE THERE MAY HAVE MAY NOT HAVE BEEN VERSIONS OF THE SCRIPT (WONDER HOW MANY VERSIONS OF SCRIPTS HE READ). THREAD HERE.

One, Warner does indeed have a project of which I have been made aware.

Three, I have not passed nor have I been offered the gig.

I don't know which interview or screening this soundbite is from, but I simply meant there is that tent pole genre of film, that summer time pop corn film, that I am not interested in directing yet. There may or may not have been versions of the Robotech script that fell into that category. That doesn't mean that "Robotech" is a property doesn't interest me, or is not a film that couldn't transcend that genre, it definitely could go above and beyond that.

Waters7 wrote:

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, the sad part is when some one comes around that does not agree with your opinion you have this need of being the person with the last word.

NOT REALLY. USUALLY WHEN IT COMES TO LAST WORD THE PERSON OR PERSONS FIGURE THE DEBATE IS NOT GOING NO WHERE FOR THEM THEY RESORT TO NAME CALLING.

I'm not putting them on YOUR same boat Mav (you wish)... the one that is doing this is you. I assume that by you making this association with Chris Nolan and Guy Ritchie (i'm sorry, I don't know a Guy Richie) you are pretending or trying to pass on as some one that is in the known.

Sad true is, being a water boy on a film set of a movie called "Thong Man" does not even come close to the credentials of the people that you so desperate want to be associated with.

SEE, HERE IS THE THING FOR ME. I ASSOCIATE WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE IN MANY AREAS OF WORK. INCLUDING THE FILMING INDUSTRY. AND I AM IN THE KNOW OF MANY THINGS. AM I TRYING TO PRETEND BECAUSE I HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF SOMETHING? EVEN IF I AM NOT WORKING ON THAT PROJECT OR WORK? NO.

EVERYONE HERE KNOWS SOMETHING MORE THAN THE OTHER EVEN IF NOT DIRECTLY INVOLVED OR SOME WHAT INVOLVED. IT DOE NOT DEMEAN A PERSON THOUGHT OR IDEA ANY LESS.

I did help produce a short film back in college for some of my friends, alas, since it was a school project for them, they retained distribution rights. Does that means that I know how mexican cinema works? Of course not, but I don't need to be someone in the known in order to spot some poser or wanna be ;)

YOU DO KNOW HOW TO PRODUCE RIGHT? WORK A CAMERA? FIGURE LIGHTING? SOUND? YOU HAD TO LEARN SOMETHING. COMMON SENSE HERE.

MEMO, there is a big difference between speculative opinion and informed opinion. Then of course we have fanboy opinion which is the worst kind of opinion as it does not help advance the subject.
You guys coming around saying how Hollywood works, that studios are quaking in their boots, trying to pass productions as Robotech LAM is disguised and trying to be associated with directors like Chris Nolan and Guy Ritchie because you went to the same school; is nothing but fanboy opinion.

YOUR OPINION AND YOU ENTITLED TO IT. WE ALL FANS. FROM RLAM, TO RLAM AND LICENSING. WE ALL SPECULATE AND SHARE OUR THOUGHTS AND IDEAS. EVEN IN THE LEGALITY THREAD IN CANON FODDER ABOUT WB RIGHTS OVER HARRY POTTER, WHERE I CORRECTED YOU. YOU KNOW, FANBOY STUFF.

Yes, you can do research online and figure nout how movie production works, but is a far cry from actually working making movies and even further away from working in Hollywood.

DOES NOT MAKE YOU IGNORANT OF IT EITHER. I NEVER WORKED ON A STREET LIGHT. DOES NOT MEAN I CANT FIGURE WHAT THE LIGHT IS FOR OR WHY IT IS THERE. EVEN IF I HAD NEVER WORKED ONE IN MY LIFE.

Now, as far as Frank Agrama or any HG employee relation to the LAM, we all have to wait until the LAM is done to really confirm who did what... and that is if it ever gets completed and released.

SO A HG LOGO DOES NOT SUFFICE?

FRANK AGRAMA OWNS HG. HE HAS PEOPLE UNDER HIS PAYROLL WHICH TOMMY YUNE IS ALSO UNDER. IF CREDIT IS NEEDED, WILL WE SEE THE NAMES OF THE HG LAWYERS THAT WORKED OUT THE LEGAL DEALS ON THE PRODUCTION?
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 8 months ago #19561

• Waters7
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

After a good bowl of Choco Krispis, here we go...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

SO, TATSUNOKO HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PRODUCTION? IS IT A NEW ANIMATION BEING PRODUCED WITHOUT TATSUNOKO INVOLVEMENT?

Hay MEMO, you should know this already from your link, right?
After all, it was you that brought the link to our attention. Ask your "CHINESE" contact to translate the information for you ;) maybe he can tell you that the Blu Ray set is being produced by another company and not Tatsunoko as you implied...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

WE ALL VALUE TIME. BUT HERE WE GO...

FROM SYLVAIN WHITE THREAD HERE.
A DIRECTOR WHO HAS NO PROBLEM IN HOPING TO GET THE GIG FOR THE RLAM.

TO DIRECTOR CARY FUKUNAGA ARTICLE WHO WENT FROM NOT DOING IT TO BEING ON THE FENCE ABOUT IT SINCE THERE MAY HAVE MAY NOT HAVE BEEN VERSIONS OF THE SCRIPT (WONDER HOW MANY VERSIONS OF SCRIPTS HE READ). THREAD HERE.

You were already called on this, so I'm going to leave it at that... B)

As for the rest of your post MEMO... my reply was meant for Mav, I'm not interested in your opinion or "you correcting me" (This is the biggest non sense I have heard in a long time, thank you for the laugh) ;)
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Waters7.
11 years 8 months ago #19562

Waters7 wrote;

So Elliot Grove wasn't good enough to produce a calibre of graduates that now command Hollywood eh! Why do you think I went to HIS school and not others. ;)

Waters7 wrote;

Waters7 wrote;

They all have their starts, some of them were taught by Elliot Grove like myself. That's the only association I have with them, as film students. We share the same teacher that passed down his knowledge of the industry and trade. That's alot more than most would claim and I'm not afraid to up the ante and prove it! ;)

Waters7 wrote;

I did help produce a short film back in college for some of my friends, alas, since it was a school project for them, they retained distribution rights.

I'm sure you have a copy of that short film, how can I believe that YOU of all people have an inclination towards filmmaking when you still haven't submitted any proof of your work that you've done in this field. Be it commercial or independent! You seem to be all talk with nothing to show for. ;)

Waters7 wrote;

Does that means that I know how mexican cinema works? Of course not, but I don't need to be someone in the known in order to spot some poser or wanna be.

Waters7, really do you know filmmaking?

FYI a waterboy is for football! The proper word would be an intern, but YOU claim to know filmmaking. Oh really when you confuse filmmaking with foolball that makes you an expert on what?

Waters7 wrote;

And what are your credits?? Or are we supposed to take the productions that you mentioned as proof of your knowledge? Or better yet... are you trying to imply that you worked on those movies?

Thong Man and Yellow Schwarz, btw! You don't seem to respect independent cinema. Yet you cherish Macross which has NOTHING to do with Hollywood.

But while were at it, here's a clip since you didn't even bother checking out that YouTube channel;

I was taught with the same knowledge that was pass on from Elliot Grove to his past students like Chris Nolan and Guy Richie. Where else do you think people get start, oh I'm sure YOU know filmmaking but honestly do you think I believe you when you can't put anything up to back up your claims except your WORD!

Also if you don't believe me, then tell me whose on the podium announcing our pitch to television and film PRODUCERS?

Elliot Grove that's who! and who got these actors there? Well that's me, working behind the scenes and networking with other independents.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by MaverickLSC.
11 years 8 months ago #19563

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds