Robotech Live Action Movie

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

Lobizon wrote:

Rumors, rumors, rumors...

Leonardo DiCaprio Passed On 'STAR WARS: EPISODE VII' For 'ROBOTECH'?

www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienew...#QW9XGoqefO675gbA.01

latino-review.com/2013/07/24/exclusive-d...ar-wars-episode-vii/

LOOKS LIKE ORIGINAL SOURCE IS FROM HERE

latino-review.com/2013/07/24/exclusive-d...ar-wars-episode-vii/

Exclusive: Who Disney Is Looking At For ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’

Disney conspicuously kept Star Wars out of this year’s Comic-Con slate only to have it at it’s own annual D23 Expo, which is about three weeks away, August 9-11 in Anaheim.

The studio is working to produce a Star Wars: Episode VII and continue the story of where 1983′s Episode VI: Return of the Jedi left off. Production on the seventh film in the series will start next year in the UK.

Star Wars cast announcements are speculated to be on the horizon at this year’s D23.

About a two months ago my source informed me that they were going to start filming in Pinewood, but I really never paid any mind to it and now it ends up being true that they will indeed film there. I was also told that a MAJOR film star went in for a meeting, that star was Leo DiCaprio. And now I’m told that he’s out.

A little while ago I was told that two names have been thrown around a lot, and that another star went in last week.

The two stars are none other than…

RYAN GOSLING and ZAC EFRON

As for what role Efron would be playing, we don’t know. He could be a Solo kid. But what I was told for sure is the Gosling went in for Skywalker’s son. Yes, that’s right Luke’s kid.

Interesting thing is that Episode 7 is taking place thirty years after Return of the Jedi.

Things are going to start heating up in the next month. And no way is J.J. Abrams leaving Episode 7 for Star Trek 3. Its very possible though he does just one movie in the new trilogy.

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi represented the end of the Star Wars series on film but the story for Episode VII will be original and written by Michael Arndt, whose writing credits include Toy Story 3 and the upcoming The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

But that is not all! As I mentioned before Leonardo DiCaprio was up for a role in Star Wars but passed. He passed because he wants to do a project that is being developed and that project is…

“Robotech”

Based on the sprawling sci-fi epic, “Robotech” takes place at a time when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology on an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific isle. Mankind is forced to use the technology to fend off three successive waves of alien invasions. The first invasion concerns a battle with a race of giant warriors who seek to retrieve their flagship’s energy source known as “protoculture,” and the planet’s survival ends up in the hands of two young pilots.

So what do you think? Let us know below…And also EXPECT DENIALS FROM ABRAMS…how did the last time he denied our scoop work out?

Episode VII is expected to hit theaters in 2015.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
10 years 9 months ago #20559

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech Live Action Movie

Tobey Maguire News:

Tobey Maguire to portray chess master Bobby Fischer in Montreal.
August 27, 2013 9:38 am

TORONTO — Actor Tobey Maguire is heading to Montreal this winter to make a feature film about the chess match of the century.

Maguire, 38, is set to portray the late American chess master Bobby Fischer in Pawn Sacrifice. The movie, directed by Edward Zwick, tells the story of the chess prodigy’s road to the epic Cold War face-off with Boris Spassky in 1972. Fischer emerged victorious and ended 24 years of Soviet domination of the World Championships.

Pawn Sacrifice goes into production later this year in Montreal, Global News has learned. Maguire’s Material Pictures will co-produce the film, which was written by Stephen Knight (Eastern Promises).

It is not yet known who will portray Spassky.

Zwick, whose credits include 2006′s Blood Diamond and 1994′s Legends of the Fall, has experience bringing real-life characters to the big screen — he helmed 2008′s Defiance and 1989′s Glory.

globalnews.ca/news/803722/tobey-maguire-...fischer-in-montreal/
10 years 8 months ago #20667

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Robotech Live Action Movie

NIC MATHIEU UPDATE:

SPECTRAL NOW FILMING. NOT SURE FOR SOURCE BUT MAYBE SOMEONE CAN FIND MORE INFO...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectral_(film)

The film will be released in 3D on August 12, 2016.

The filming began on August 7, 2014. Shooting started on August 28, 2014 in Budapest (Hungary).
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
9 years 7 months ago #21102

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Robotech Live Action Movie

So if this thing is back on and coming off life support I suppose that means it's back to popping Tums over casting/mech design/ect again... I'm torn between being excited and at the same time scared out of my mind lol.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
9 years 1 month ago #21179

THIS THING IS ACTUALLY MOVING FAST.

FALL OF 2007 IT WAS ANOUNCED OF THE DEAL BETWEEN WB/TOBEY/HG AND A WHOLE BUNCH OF PRODUCERS TAKING ROBOTECH MOVIE RIGHTS.

LIKE THE ARTICLE SAYS, NO ONE COULD AGREE ON THE OUTCOME AS THERE BEEN DIRECTORS AND WRITERS CHANGES THROUGH THOSE TIMES. WHAT LOOKED LIKE FINALLY THERE WAS SOMETHING WITH NIC MATHIEU, HG FOR SOME REASON OR ANOTHER SOLD THE RIGHTS TO HOLLYWOOD GANGSTERS, WHO ALREADY HAD A WRITER PENNING THE SCRIPT. AND THAT WAS JUST ANOUNCED RECENTLY.

MARCH COMES ALONG AND NOW HG/HG(HOLLYWOOD GANGSTERS) GOT A HUGE BACKING WITH SONY JUMPING ON BOARD. WITH WB HIGH ON MAKING JUSTICE LEAGUE HAPPEN, MARVEL DOING AVENGERS, DISNEY DOING STAR WARS, LEAVES SONY WITH ROBOTECH.

SAME AS EVERYONE, EXITED BUT SAME TIME WORRIED BECAUSE WE WILL FINALLY SEE THIS REBOOT. MANY THINGS WILL CHANGE FROM MACROSS SAGA.

WE WILL SEE.
9 years 1 month ago #21181

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

My wife says it's about time, She has had to hear me gripe about the lack of a RLAM for years now LOL!! It's that bad.Thanks for The info MEMO!
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL

9 years 1 month ago #21183

NO PROBLEM MAN.

WE ALL WAITING ON THE DIRECTOR NOW. IF WRITTING ACCEPTABLE BY ALL THREE, THEN A DIRECTORS WOULD FOLLOW UP APRIL AND MAY FOR INTERVIEW. LEAVING AN ANOUNCMENT BY THEN OR END OF SUMMER.
9 years 1 month ago #21185

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

So I don't suppose we have heard yet if Toby is still gonna be playing with this one? It's going to be a Sci-Fi Bonanza with RT, SW, and ST all dropping in close time with each other.

Member of AkL

9 years 1 month ago #21189

Last_Valk_Standing wrote: So I don't suppose we have heard yet if Toby is still gonna be playing with this one? It's going to be a Sci-Fi Bonanza with RT, SW, and ST all dropping in close time with each other.

DON'T THINK SO. HE WAS ONE OF THE PRODUCERS WITH WB WHEN THEY WERE GOING BIG BACK THEN.

NOW IF HE STILL INTRESTED, MAYBE AS AN ACTOR BUT STILL TO EARLY CONSIDERING THERE IS NO DIRECTOR AS OF YET. HE IS FAN ENOUGH TO JUMP IN AS A PRODUCER AND JUST MAYBE WILL STICK AROUND TO BE AN ACTOR.

LET'S SEE WHAT COMES UP THESE NEXT FEW MONTHS. I KNOW THE BAR ON THE DIRECTOR WILL BE ALL OVER THE PLACE BY FANS. OH YEAH.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
9 years 1 month ago #21190

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

Mark Hamill said it himself. Robotech fans can be dangerous lol! The Director has a tall order to fill whenever they finally get going on this. I wish them the best of luck. At this point, as long as something gets made i'll be happy. :)

Member of AkL

9 years 4 weeks ago #21191

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds