Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

It's a perspective ordeal, and even though I am a Robotech fan, I can look at both points of view from those of fellow Robotech fans and Macross fans. Now it's offensive to fans of the original series to hear that it was "improved" when they like it just the way it is. But like I said, it's all a matter of opinion. But the whole "improved" kinda comes off as ignorant, cause that would be like someone taking a story you wrote and were proud of only to have someone come in and take it then change it so it would appeal to others. Then you'd have to listen to people talk about how your story you created was "improved" by someone else.
Kind of a slap in the face don't you think?

I'm not trying to be a bitch even though I am one heh, I'm just trying to make you see things from a different point of view.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 3 months ago #8844

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

I'm not trying to be a bitch even though I am one heh, I'm just trying to make you see things from a different point of view.

Which is exactly what I'm doing back.

You know what? WE'RE ALL SNOWFLAKES - LET'S HUG.

Okay, hallmark moment over :)
14 years 3 months ago #8845

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

HappyPenguins wrote:

It's a perspective ordeal, and even though I am a Robotech fan, I can look at both points of view from those of fellow Robotech fans and Macross fans. Now it's offensive to fans of the original series to hear that it was "improved" when they like it just the way it is.

I dunno. I've gotten lots of Macross fans that told me Southern Cross blows chunks and Robotech actually improved it. They seem to be fine dishing it out to Southern Cross fans, but cannot take it in return.

::shrugs::

Of course, I get crap from Robotech fans for being a Masters War fan too, so its not like its just confined to one set of fans.
14 years 3 months ago #8846

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

HappyPenguins wrote:

It's a perspective ordeal, and even though I am a Robotech fan, I can look at both points of view from those of fellow Robotech fans and Macross fans. Now it's offensive to fans of the original series to hear that it was "improved" when they like it just the way it is.

I dunno. I've gotten lots of Macross fans that told me Southern Cross blows chunks and Robotech actually improved it. They seem to be fine dishing it out to Southern Cross fans, but cannot take it in return.

::shrugs::

Of course, I get crap from Robotech fans for being a Masters War fan too, so its not like its just confined to one set of fans.

Yeah I have also seen that hate for southern cross
and I'm also a fan but I only get crap from robotech fans because I don't approve of the TSC
the RT fandom is... interesting isn't it?

14 years 3 months ago #8847

• SIGHUP
  • SIGHUP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

HappyPenguins wrote:

it's all a matter of opinion. But the whole "improved" kinda comes off as ignorant, cause that would be like someone taking a story you wrote and were proud of only to have someone come in and take it then change it so it would appeal to others. Then you'd have to listen to people talk about how your story you created was "improved" by someone else.
Kind of a slap in the face don't you think?

Isn't that what some Macross fans cry about? This point also happens ALL THE TIME in Hollywood.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 3 months ago #8848

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

lol that's why when Hollywood approaches you, you tell em to piss off :P

14 years 3 months ago #8849

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

that's why it's always important to realize we're all talking about opinions here - and someone else's opinion doesn't negate your enjoyment of the product you were enjoying before you heard that person's opinion... unlike, say, paving a forest or remodeling a building. :)
14 years 3 months ago #8850

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

SOMEONE FROM HOLLYWOOD APPROACHES ME WITH MILLIONS!

HELL YEAH I TAKE IT!

TWO COMPANYS MAKE ONE SHOW. MACROSS. TATSU AND BW, AND YEAH, THROW IN SN FOR SAKE OF ARGUMENT. EVEN IN THE CREDITS OF ORIGINAL MACROSS IT SHOWS. TATSU WAS HEAVELY INVOLVED AND NOT JUST WITH MONEY.

SO HOW IS IT THAT TATSU, A PARTICIPANT CREATOR, CAN'T CHANGE WHAT IT WANTS (ROBOTECH) SINCE IT IS THEIRS AS WELL.

HG JUST DID WHAT TATSU WANTED. IF THEY DID NOT, MACROSS WOULD JUST BE IN A SHELF.

AND SC BURIED AND NEVER HEARD OF EITHER.

ROBOTECH WAS THE BEST REMAKE TO SAVE THESE TITLES OUTSIDE JAPAN. WHICH IS SPAWING OFF WB TO MAKE A LIVE ACTION.

OH YEAH... SHOW ME THE MONEY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 3 months ago #8854

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

ONA SIDE NOTE...

IF WB DOES MORE AFTER IT.. WE CAN SE SC TOYS :laugh:
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 3 months ago #8855

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

The whole point of Robotechx.com to exist is to allow the various opinions to co-exist with one another, without the baggage of personalities to muddle into the discussions allowing for the differing perspectives how one views a franchise to be seen.

Personally, it's a good opprotunity for a good measure to know one another and not take in the worst aspects of the fandom.

It's all about understanding...

It's one reason why I signed up here on Robotechx.com :)
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
14 years 3 months ago #8856

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds