Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HA! YOU LOOKING FOR BIGGER FISH TO FRY?

Not bigger. Just different. :)

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

COMING HERE AND HAVING A GOOD CHAT IS WHAT MATTERS.

Agreed.
14 years 3 months ago #9100

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

we should have an alternate robotech universe. tf's, macross, and everyone else does it. why not us?
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
14 years 3 months ago #9104

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

PTH

That is not why I decided to respond to a Macross fan nicely! Got it!

NO, NOT REALLY. JUST KEEPING AN EYE OUT SINCE YOU DO HAVE A PAST HERE RESPONDING TO ... MACROSS FANS :P

SO SORRY IF I WILL BE ON YOU LIKE THIS B)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 3 months ago #9127

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

blackconvoy_D01

we should have an alternate robotech universe. tf's, macross, and everyone else does it. why not us?

THAT'S A FIRST

GENERAL CONSENSUS WANTS ROBOTECH STORY AND LOOK INTACT FROM IT'S ORIGINAL ANIMATION.

WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A SIDE STORY THOUGHT.
14 years 3 months ago #9128

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

Gubaba wrote:

I can go with "I don't like Japanese voices or music," but not wanting to read subtitles sounds like laziness to me. But then, I was a lit major in college, and a voracious reader, so to me, "I don't want to read subtitles" sounds as silly as "I don't want to listen to the audio when I watch a movie."

The argument is that you can't always read and watch everything that is going on screen. Which in some cases can be true. I guess you've never gotten into the subs vs. dubs arguments. Personally, I almost always watch subs but I can understand those who watch dubs because I used to.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 3 months ago #9148

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

HashiNoUsagi wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

I can go with "I don't like Japanese voices or music," but not wanting to read subtitles sounds like laziness to me. But then, I was a lit major in college, and a voracious reader, so to me, "I don't want to read subtitles" sounds as silly as "I don't want to listen to the audio when I watch a movie."

The argument is that you can't always read and watch everything that is going on screen. Which in some cases can be true. I guess you've never gotten into the subs vs. dubs arguments. Personally, I almost always watch subs but I can understand those who watch dubs because I used to.

I first watched the Orginal Macross subs and I fell asleep throughout all 36 episodes. But then I watched the ADV Dubs and I was completely enthralled into the series.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
14 years 3 months ago #9149

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

HashiNoUsagi wrote:

Oh, believe me, I've been witness to those debates, although I've rarely joined in. Thankfully, with DVD, it's become a moot question. But it used to piss me off no end back in early-to-mid '90s, when subtitled tapes (which are cheaper to produce) cost as much as ten bucks more than the dub tapes.

Obviously, I prefer subs, but that's mostly because I studied Japanese, and I'm trying to keep my fluency level up. So yeah...my goals are different than most viewers'.

I have enjoyed some English dubs, though. Disney's take on Miyazaki's movies are pretty great; Cowboy Bebop and the first Gundam series are good. Maybe there are more, but I haven't seen them.

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

I first watched the Orginal Macross subs and I fell asleep throughout all 36 episodes. But then I watched the ADV Dubs and I was completely enthralled into the series.

I watched the first two episodes of the ADV dub, and couldn't stand it. To me, the voices didn't fit (except Minmay, obviously), and I thought the writing wasn't very good. But again, that's me. Maybe I've just watched the original too many times to accept any other voices as the characters...? It happens.
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Gubaba.
14 years 3 months ago #9151

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

Gubaba wrote:

I watched the first two episodes of the ADV dub, and couldn't stand it. To me, the voices didn't fit (except Minmay, obviously), and I thought the writing wasn't very good. But again, that's me. Maybe I've just watched the original too many times to accept any other voices as the characters...? It happens.

Same here. Sorry black convoy. I can still enjoy the voices in Robotech, but I'm not sure what it is about the ADV dub.

It's all a matter of preference. I'm so used to the Japanese voices in anime that the American voices usually sound weird.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 3 months ago #9173

HashiNoUsagi

It's all a matter of preference

YEP

FOR ME IT IS EITHER ONE OR THE OTHER. THERE ARE TIMES I HEAR THE JAPANESE VOICES AND JUST GET TUNED OFF.

AND ENGLISH AS WELL.

SOMETIMES I ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT SPANISH IS BETTER.

HEHEHE
14 years 3 months ago #9176

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

HashiNoUsagi wrote:

Same here. Sorry black convoy. I can still enjoy the voices in Robotech, but I'm not sure what it is about the ADV dub.

It's all a matter of preference. I'm so used to the Japanese voices in anime that the American voices usually sound weird.

It's funny...I used to think the Robotech voice actors were terrible...until I saw the ADV Macross dub. :laugh:
14 years 3 months ago #9177

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds