Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

You know, its all good and fine knowing that there are professional people out there wishing for a reboot of Robotech, a movie, or working as staff for such a thing, however. Looking at the Thundercats reboot, would you really want to see Robotech get turned into something like that?

Robotech was awesome and great because, quite frankly, HG didn't license/animate the thing. When HG had their chance, they produced animation that was super high tech back in the late 80's early 90's. Any future reboot will not only suffer from the companies idea of what is modern animation, but the whole negative of reboots vs the existing fanbase.

Still, I'm all for an RT reboot for the shear fact that it would provide a comical line for Will Wheaton to say in The Big Bang Theory, of all shows.
12 years 4 months ago #17810

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

I'm confused. What did animation did HG actually produce in the late 80s/early 90s. Sentinels definitely wasn't high quality and they pretty much made nothing else that I can think of.
12 years 4 months ago #17811

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

ps99041 wrote;

I'm confused. What did animation did HG actually produce in the late 80s/early 90s. Sentinels definitely wasn't high quality and they pretty much made nothing else that I can think of.

Oh really, i'm surprised you havent' notice the picture of Maia Sterling to the right of the RobotechX banner. In case you didnt' know, it's a screenshot from the last Robotech production, 'Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles'.

memo1dominion wrote;

WHAT WAS SAID? A LOT. BUT THAT'S JUST TALK. SO HERE IS A FEW PICS OF THE WRITER WITH TOMMY. I COULD NOT GET DAN AND TOMMY SINCE THE OTHER VOLUNTEERS LEFT TO LOOK AROUND THE CON.

AND YES, THE CREATORS AND STAFF OF THE NEW THUNDERCAT'S WANT TO DO ROBOTECH.

Thanks for this news bite, looks promising if such discussions continued long after the con. Mind you Harmony Gold is already busy with the Robotech:LLA project and the in development Robotech:LAM. Memo, do you think this will be the tie in animated series to support the Robotech:LAM when it comes out?

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by MaverickLSC.
12 years 4 months ago #17816

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

MaverickLSC wrote:

ps99041 wrote;

Oh really, i'm surprised you havent' notice the picture of Maia Sterling to the right of the RobotechX banner. In case you didnt' know, it's a screenshot from the last Robotech production, 'Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles'.

Yes really. You seem to be misinterpreting what I wrote as I asked what HG produced in the late 80s and early 90s which would be a timeframe in between 1985 and 1995. Since you're so into posting things from wikipedia today, let me direct you to this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robotech
Tommy Yune (who didn't even work for HG until around 2001) didn't even announce the INITIAL IDEA of Shadow Chronicles (then called Shadow Force) until 2002 so how can you say it was a HG production in the early 1990s? You can't. I'm actually surprised you're not more up to date on the history of Robotech.
12 years 4 months ago #17818

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

Ooops, me bad! :P

Shadow Chronicles was pretty good, much better than the Sentinels. But you're right ps99041, I didnt' notice the late eighties/early ninties reference.

My apologies... :(
12 years 4 months ago #17820

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

MaverickLSC wrote:

Thanks for this news bite, looks promising if such discussions continued long after the con. Mind you Harmony Gold is already busy with the Robotech:LLA project and the in development Robotech:LAM. Memo, do you think this will be the tie in animated series to support the Robotech:LAM when it comes out?

Mav...

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. IF IT'S A TIE-IN TO THE RLAM THEN I THINK WB WOULD BE THE ONES WHO DECIDE WHAT ROUTE TO TAKE WHEN THE DECISION COMES.

WE KNOW THE GUYS FROM THUNDERCAT'S WANT TO DO IT. JUST THAT IT WOULD HAVE TO FALL IN PLACE WITH WB.

WILL HG DO IT IN THE OUTSIDE ALONE? IF HG WILLING TO SPEND MONEY ON IT THEN YEAH. YOU ALSO HAVE TO REMEMBER THE MERCHANDISING TIE-INS. WB HAS THE MERCHANDISING RIGHTS. SO I THINK HG IS OUT ON THAT AS WELL. TO COSTLY TO PUT UP AN ANIMATION ON TV WITHOUT LOOKING INTO MERCHANDISING OF IT IN THE THUNDERCAT'S SCALE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 4 months ago #17821

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

My bad for not being clear. Referencing the 'awesome' Shadow Chronicles as state of the art animation for the 80/90's period.

I know what you are thinking. But even then for that period there were better examples. Even the likes of the mid 90's Shadow Raiders(War Planets), Donkey Kong Adventures were better. But Shadow Chronicles had them beat because of that awesome story and awesome soundtrack and awesome directing of it all.
12 years 4 months ago #17823

LOL, That canadian produced show Shadow Raiders was visually horrid compared to the visuals of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles. Even with a few pints I clearly wouldnt' touch that thing.
12 years 4 months ago #17824

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

I disagree. Shadow Raiders was animated and engineered far superior to that of the Shadow Chronicles. Even had a better story then Chronicles. Plus cant forget that as robo-girls go, Tekla is way more sexy then Janice.

Sigh, if only they(HG) went ahead with RT3K....

Plus its bad form to discredit home-grown enterprises, you should be proud of the likes of Shadow Raiders, Stargate, Celine Dion, etc!
12 years 4 months ago #17826

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

khoroshen wrote:

Plus its bad form to discredit home-grown enterprises, you should be proud of the likes of Shadow Raiders, Stargate, Celine Dion, etc!

Don't forget The Beachcombers starring Bruno Gerussi!!
12 years 4 months ago #17829

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds