Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I'LL SEE THE MOVIE AS WELL. AND I EXPECT IT TO BE DIFFERENT AT OTHERS MOVIES HAVE BEEN.

SPIDERMAN, BATMAN, TRANSFORMERS... ETC.

AND I STILL SEE THE SEQUELS AT THE MOVIES.

I agree. I think anyone who expects it to be anything like the series is fooling himself.

That said, for the people who want the movie to hew as closely as possible as the show, I find it funny that they expect WB to extend a courtesy to HG that HG didn't extend to the original Macross...

(Sorry, had to say it. Don't mind me. ;) )
14 years 1 month ago #10754

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

GUBABA

That said, for the people who want the movie to hew as closely as possible as the show, I find it funny that they expect WB to extend a courtesy to HG that HG didn't extend to the original Macross...

NOT HG FAULT BW AND TATSU COULD NOT MAKE MORE EPISODES. BUT THANKS TO CARL HE ADDED TWO MORE ANIMATIONS TO MAKE IT INTO SYNDICATION. :laugh:
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 1 month ago #10756

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

GUBABA

NOT HG FAULT BW AND TATSU COULD NOT MAKE MORE EPISODES. BUT THANKS TO CARL HE ADDED TWO MORE ANIMATIONS TO MAKE IT INTO SYNDICATION. :laugh:

EXACTLY.

AND NOT WB FAULT HG STORY TOO LONG. BUT THANKS TO TOBEY HE CUT OUT A LOT TO MAKE IT INTO A 90 MINUTE MOVIE. :laugh:
14 years 1 month ago #10759

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I'LL SEE THE MOVIE AS WELL. AND I EXPECT IT TO BE DIFFERENT AT OTHERS MOVIES HAVE BEEN.

SPIDERMAN, BATMAN, TRANSFORMERS... ETC.

AND I STILL SEE THE SEQUELS AT THE MOVIES.

I agree. I think anyone who expects it to be anything like the series is fooling himself.

(Sorry, had to say it. Don't mind me. ;) )

and this is whys it going to be shit, because when it comes to "creativity" WB hasn't got a leg to stand on

why does it have to be "live action" anyway, what about fucking CG? I'm sick of all this live action shit

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 1 month ago #10765

• Lancer
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Lancer on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

HP, you should tell us how you really feel, I mean you really need to express yourself better ;)
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
14 years 1 month ago #10767

• SIGHUP
  • SIGHUP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

I'll tend to agree with penguins on the Live-Action deal. WB and HG have waited maybe a bit too long now. They might just have missed the LAM bus.

Sure Spider-Man, X-MEN, TRANSFORMERS and others have been done. Now it seems a bit gimmicky. No make that just seems gimmicky.

CG

Hmm, I don't know about this one. Remember RT 3000?
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 1 month ago #10768

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

I think i also agree.

About the CG.. Well When RT 3000 was to be produced the CG animation was yet to be developed to its potential. What i am saying is... It was a VERY bad timing to do a CG animated robotech..

But now in 2010.. when you see say the Clone Wars.. You can easily figure out how that can turn out to be a very good choice...
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by UEG_Productions.
14 years 1 month ago #10770

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

Gubaba

AND NOT WB FAULT HG STORY TOO LONG. BUT THANKS TO TOBEY HE CUT OUT A LOT TO MAKE IT INTO A 90 MINUTE MOVIE.

WHY THEY GOING HARRY POTTER WAY. :P

AND FOR CG.. EXPECT IT.

IF ANIMATRIX, GOTHAM KNIGHTS, AND NOW HALO LEGENDS CAME OUT WITH CG THEN ROBOTECH WILL NOT BE TREATED ANY DIFFERENT.

NOW HALO CAME OUT BEFORE THE MOVIE. I GUESS TESTING THE WATRES TO WHAT TO DO STORY WISE BY WB.

I LIKED ARAMAKI'S VERSION ON HALO LEGENDS AND IF RT 3000 WOULD HAVE BEEN A REMADE I THINK GOING THAT ROUTE WOULD BE NICE IN TODAY'S TIME.
14 years 1 month ago #10775

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Gubaba

AND NOT WB FAULT HG STORY TOO LONG. BUT THANKS TO TOBEY HE CUT OUT A LOT TO MAKE IT INTO A 90 MINUTE MOVIE.

WHY THEY GOING HARRY POTTER WAY. :P

"Harry Potter way"...what does that mean, exactly? Eight movies? Movies based on the novels, one movie for each book? Working their way slowly through the story? Making a hack like Chris Colombus the director of the first couple of movies before handing the duties over to more capable people? Or just doing the story serialized?

Now matter what, if they're going to be faithful to the cartoon, there's A LOT of plot to get through. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that WB really DOES want to hew as close as possible to the Robotech story, and they're planning on making them quickly...let's say a new movie every 18-to-24 months. The first movie still has to be more than just set-up...it has to be a satisfying experience in its own right.

Where would you break the story? After episode 3? Not enough is resolved. Episode 4? Ditto. You wouldn't watch a science-fiction action-adventure film where the climax revolves around the nice young man and his girlfriend getting out of the basement. Episode 5? Better, better. But it still lacks the hero GETTING INTO THE COCKPIT at the end, which is what everyone would be expecting to see, right? Episode 6? Still better, but now we're getting too long... Episode 7 might be best, since the Mars episode has some real emotional punch to go along with the big fight, but now we've REALLY gotten too long.

There's also the episodic nature of the story. While Robotech is a serial, you'll notice that each episode is carefully crafted to have a deifnite beginning, middle, and end. All of that has to be swept by the wayside for a movie (witness, for example, either the old Macross novelization, or the recent Macross the First comic, in which scenes are shifted around or deleted entirely in order to fit different parameters than that of a half-hour TV show).

I dunno. I'm not saying it can't be done successfully, but I don't think the plot outline will look much like the show.
14 years 1 month ago #10777

GUBABA

Now matter what, if they're going to be faithful to the cartoon, there's A LOT of plot to get through. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that WB really DOES want to hew as close as possible to the Robotech story, and they're planning on making them quickly...let's say a new movie every 18-to-24 months. The first movie still has to be more than just set-up...it has to be a satisfying experience in its own right.

Where would you break the story? After episode 3? Not enough is resolved. Episode 4? Ditto. You wouldn't watch a science-fiction action-adventure film where the climax revolves around the nice young man and his girlfriend getting out of the basement. Episode 5? Better, better. But it still lacks the hero GETTING INTO THE COCKPIT at the end, which is what everyone would be expecting to see, right? Episode 6? Still better, but now we're getting too long... Episode 7 might be best, since the Mars episode has some real emotional punch to go along with the big fight, but now we've REALLY gotten too long.

There's also the episodic nature of the story. While Robotech is a serial, you'll notice that each episode is carefully crafted to have a deifnite beginning, middle, and end. All of that has to be swept by the wayside for a movie (witness, for example, either the old Macross novelization, or the recent Macross the First comic, in which scenes are shifted around or deleted entirely in order to fit different parameters than that of a half-hour TV show).

I dunno. I'm not saying it can't be done successfully, but I don't think the plot outline will look much like the show.

GOOD POINT'S. WHAT I THINK ISSUES THE WRITERS ARE GETTING INTO AS WE SPEAK.
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 1 month ago #10778

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds