"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Revan-Tam on topic Re:

oh and the money I had set aside for the Marcus Rush MPC I just used to buy Macross Ultimate Frontier on ebay with
sure keep shooting...that will make things better
14 years 2 months ago #10161

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

NEVER BOUGHT THAT. SAW IT ONCE AND PRETTY MUCH THATS WAS IT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #10170

Replied by Revan-Tam on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

just got two playmate Destroids and a megahouse Cyclone and I noticed the toynami sticker on the box which tells me that toynami just bought the right to sell this item and didn't make it
from hearing the sells of the beta and the maia alpha I think there isn't going to be much new from toynami's robotech line so I just going to continue to collect Macross items sense they don't fall apart on me when I take them out of the box
sure keep shooting...that will make things better
14 years 2 months ago #10247

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:

Revan Tam wrote:

just got two playmate Destroids and a megahouse Cyclone and I noticed the toynami sticker on the box which tells me that toynami just bought the right to sell this item and didn't make it
from hearing the sells of the beta and the maia alpha I think there isn't going to be much new from toynami's robotech line so I just going to continue to collect Macross items sense they don't fall apart on me when I take them out of the box

could you give me your thoughts on the Megahouse Ride Armor. Im thinking about one for myself as well and I want an honest opinion. Thanks
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
14 years 2 months ago #10248

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

Yeah, there is something to be said about waiting for the first reviews of a product before you make the decision to purchase it.

I've had my purchase of Toynami's products before, with purchasing a MPC VF-1J and VFA-6I. I've had no problems with them, but atleast I waited for the first reviews to come in before I made that decision that they're worth buying.

You know what they say, 'Buyer beware!'

Now, my MPC's are sitting proudly on top of my shelves in the man cave I've made. Of course they're not to be played with, just admired as these MPC's are really for show and prestige.

Now, if you're the type that's impatient and aren't careful in the handling and transforming your MPC models.

Then I would suggest you try to grab a hold of some Macross import Toys! As they're comparable to Tonka, well built, sturdy and crude.

And since I've been trying to clear up some space to make room for a nursery for my first born.

I've decided to pass on some of my Macross imports to my nephew. Afterall, they're built like tanks...

'Here ya go Johnny.'

'Vroom, Vroom, Pssssst, Errrrr, CRASH!!!'

Just like Fisher Price.
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
14 years 2 months ago #10363

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:

MaverickLSC wrote:

Now, if you're the type that's impatient and aren't careful in the handling and transforming your MPC models.

Then I would suggest you try to grab a hold of some Macross import Toys! As they're comparable to Tonka, well built, sturdy and crude.

And since I've been trying to clear up some space to make room for a nursery for my first born.

I've decided to pass on some of my Macross imports to my nephew. Afterall, they're built like tanks...

'Here ya go Johnny.'

'Vroom, Vroom, Pssssst, Errrrr, CRASH!!!'

Just like Fisher Price.

More flame bait...Man, I gotta report this Maverick_LSC guy to the moderators... :laugh:

But yeah, I believe the Yamato Macross toys are indeed sturdier and better constructed than the Toynami MPCs. Not sure, though, since I don't own any of either.

Still, I've never come across anyone describing fragility and brittleness as a virtue before, so I guess I'll give you points for originality. :P
14 years 2 months ago #10364

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:

LOL, yeah I have to admit that the imports are quite sturdy. Atleast, I don't hide behind a facade pretending to be a ethier a Robotech fan or Macross fan. You can be both.

There are some aspects to Macross I do enjoy, their toys being one of them.

Unlike some, I don't fake it! ;)

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
14 years 2 months ago #10365

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

GUBABA

More flame bait...Man, I gotta report this Maverick_LSC guy to the moderators...

HAHAHA

I SEE MAV IS GIVING NEW MATERIAL FOR A SHRINE THAT HAS BEEN BUILT IN AN OTHER DEBATE SOMEWHERE ELSE. THEY SURE LIKE TO TALK ABOUT HIM NOW..

HMM... HOW DO I TOP MAV NOW FOR THAT TYPE OF ATTENTION :unsure:
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #10369

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:

MaverickLSC wrote:

LOL, yeah I have to admit that the imports are quite sturdy. Atleast, I don't hide behind a facade pretending to be a ethier a Robotech fan or Macross fan. You can be both.

There are some aspects to Macross I do enjoy, their toys being one of them.

Unlike some, I don't fake it! ;)

Mav...

You've lost me, I'm afraid. Are you referring to me? :huh:
14 years 2 months ago #10371

Replied by zinjo on topic Re:

Gubaba wrote:

You've lost me, I'm afraid. Are you referring to me? :huh:

Yeah, me too.

Care to provide a road map with that post Mav? :S
14 years 2 months ago #10373