"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by zinjo on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

I wasn't aware I've caused such a stir...

You can't see it but I'm blushing... :blush:

My position is simply correcting mis-information. I can't defend Seto since that's HIS job and well that is no longer possible now is it...?

All I can say it that considering the site he frequents I am not surprised by how he defends his position. That method of hyper-research is the norm there and Gawd help you if you are mis-informed!!

As for little ole moi, I can't control if others take offense at what I post, since I do go out of my way to resist the temptation to get personal. Memo is good for getting me going and testing my resolve to stay dispassionate, but I am learning that it may be his sense of humor doesn't translate as well into printed forums as they would in person. I'm cool with that.

I know what I know, not just because so and so said so. I will defend my positions until proven otherwise. That said, I've debated to a draw and many occasions and had to "agree to disagree" with my opponents and simply move on (mainly because after a while you find you are debating the same points over and over with no change).

My biggest contention with HG regarding legal issues is their lack of forthrightness with the fanbase. Allowing all to believe things that are not so, without responsible correction. That demonstrates a grave lack of respect to those paying their bills.

For the record I found a whole new respect for HG when they released TSC. To put yourself out there with an original work instead of simply adapting yet another anime series or OVA was pretty brave. It wasn't bad, but not great either IMO. I still think with better writers it could have been great, but alas.

As for moderation on RTX I see a certain amount of abuses of authority. I've been a moderator on a few sites and those sites had the foresight to instill a "Admin / Moderator Code of Conduct" that would see mods and admins "removed" from their posts for violations.

The posts that were either racist, sexist, threatening, religious or political were moved to a part of the forums only visible by mods and admins. This way it could be referred to if necessary in future by the staff. If a thread got out of hand it was locked. If a post was off topic it was moved (as it was) to the proper section.

I am not seeing such behavior here, unfortunately. Too often the discussions are "regulated" and "trimmed" to reflect a particular point of view. Granted this is a somewhat private sandbox, but to gain any credibility in fandom the mod staff must remain neutral regardless of their personal opinions or feelings on a matter in terms of their authority to ban, edit or delete posts and posters.
Perceived slights or attacks must be dealt with by those who are not affected directly by the comments.

Biggest advice I would dare give the mods here is to develop a thick skin. All kinds will try to poke and prod you into doing something rash, so they can brag elsewhere how they were banned for something small here.
14 years 2 months ago #10484

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Sushispook
  • Sushispook's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by Sushispook on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

I'll go on record as saying that after being pretty furious and disappointed over what I saw when unboxing it, I've really changed my opinion over it. You can see my full review over at CollectionDX: www.collectiondx.com/review/chogokin/mai...ighter_vol_1_reissue
14 years 2 months ago #10587

Replied by Autobotdan on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

Sorry I've been late to post pictures of my transformed Maia. I have it transformed in Guardian mode. Here are some pics!
14 years 2 months ago #10590
Attachments:

Replied by Autobotdan on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

More pics of my Maia in Guardian mode..
14 years 2 months ago #10591
Attachments:

A closer shot of the VFA-6ZX
14 years 2 months ago #10592
Attachments:

I haven't had any problems with my Maia outside of the usual it takes me a couple hours to put those crazy tiny stickers on. I am happy with my Maia so far. I will transform it to Battloid soon and take pics.
14 years 2 months ago #10593
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

NICE...

ONE I SAW AT FRANK AND SONS WAS ALSO GREAT.

:laugh:
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #10602

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:

Autobotdan wrote:

More pics of my Maia in Guardian mode..

is dat sum sentinels in the background I see? :whistle:

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 months ago #10607

Replied by Autobotdan on topic Re:

Yes HappyPennguins. It's an official 1987 "Robotech the Sentinels" animation cell from Harmony Gold(with Rick Hunter and Dr. Lang). There is a Harmony Gold gold seal on the top right corner with the HG logo and that states 1987 HARMONY GOLD USA INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. = )
14 years 2 months ago #10612

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:

is it just me or does rick look a bit chunky?

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 months ago #10638

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds