"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:

MaverickLSC wrote:

Memo wrote;

HE NOT TALKING ABOUT GUBABA,..BUT ZINJO, I DON'T KNOW SINCE HE HAS HISTORY IN RT.COM AND NOW HERE.. PURIST AN ALL.

Yes, that's right. Besides, he's not the only one here with controversial baggage. There are others who share that same reputation.

But that's not the point. You can be a fan of Macross, or Robotech or both and not delude yourself in your thinking that the other person is wrong and then attack the persons credibilty to point where it devolves into a personal attack.

It's just not right, it demeans who you are as a person.

GUBABA, I have no problems with you. You have been quite civil here to the point of respectability, unlike others who take these debates way TOO seriousily. I find humor to be the best way to handle these situations.

I've seen many personalities here who come over to Robotech.com and rtx.com thinking they're the big Kahuna. It's just laughable really considering Macross and Robotech are both meant to be childrens animation to humor these kids. But now only the adults are debating its merits, this is both hilarious and sad.

In fact, SDF Macross initially was meant to be a comedy and it too is reflected in Robotech. The fandom has aged since 1983/1985, but regrettably not their minds. It's one reason I created my podcast, to rid ourselves the malice seen in both the Macross and Robotech fandoms. I believe discussions can be interesting, thought provoking and sentimental, but only as long as we leave our personal issues behind.

But if you do bring your baggage, then you end up being like those other two podcasters. And they have to live with it, your word and reputation is more important than status.

Interesting, thought provoking and sentimental...

It use to be that way with the podcasts from CaptainJLS, RDF Underground and Space Station Liberty.

I'll be frank here...I have NO IDEA how to respond to this.

I agree that some take the debate too seriously, and get much too personal in their attacks. (And I'll admit that I'm not above taking swipes; I try to attack asinine STATEMENTS rather than people, but if a single person makes enough asinine statements, it's liable to be interpreted as me attacking them, and I get that. Full disclosure: over the course of a few weeks, I did go after the admin of a Spanish-language Macross forum, because he said a lot of things that turned out not to be true, and posted entire interviews that were completely fabricated (by who is unclear). It started with me trying to find the sources for the interviews, it ended with me calling him a liar, him calling me a drama whore and a stalker, and a huge rift opening up in the Spanish-speaking Macross fandom. Since then, I've tried to be more careful about what I say and where I say it.)

Anyway, I agree with you about that. It's a cartoon. To many of us, it's a very important cartoon, but it's a cartoon nonetheless. It's not worth death threats, assault, or anything of that type.

And yeah, a lot of Macross fans are BEYOND obnoxious, talking about "Roboshit" or "Homotech" or whatever other childish insult they care to fling. Robotech fans do it, too (just check out the idiotic comments from one "Keith Morse" in the Macross comments section at Hulu for a recent example).

Some fans like Robotech only. Some (me, for example) prefer Macross. Some like both. And that's fine.

But to say that people who don't like Shadow Chronicles aren't smart enough to get it...well, that's an insult, isn't it? And based on what? That a Hugo and Nebula Award winning author laid some groundwork for movie. We don't know what his ideas were, how much was kept, how much was scrapped, or what kind of springboard they made for the resulting film. I made the analogy to I, Robot, earlier, but no one's responded to that so far.

And then, just in case your point wasn't obvious enough, you added, "Sapce wahales and sniper mechs, anyone?" at the end.

Similarly, to say that the Japanese Macross toys are built like Tonkas and are "crude" is simply untrue. Now maybe you were trying to be funny...I don't know and I can't tell.

(I'm not even going to get into the legal debate stuff, because I don't really think it matters. Harmony Gold has shown several times now that it scarcely matters whether they CAN or CAN'T use Macross designs in animated works. The fact is that they HAVEN'T, and probably WON'T; Tommy himself said as much at AOD, when he said that they wanted to keep the door open, so to speak, to selling Sentinels and Shadow Chronicles in Japan.)

But my point is that these statements from you would seem like silly attempts at trolling if you were a normal member of the community. But you're not. You're a mod. Mods are supposed to quell flame wars, not incite them. Like it or not, RTX has a diverse community; we don't all like and dislike the same things, even within Robotech. Now (thankfully for me) the rules are pretty lenient: if you keep it civil, you can state whatever opinion you want.

But again, mods should be different. If I say something inflammatory, anyone can report me. You can slap me with a warning, you can revoke my posting privileges, you can ban me. That's fine; it's just a little stronger incentive to keep everything polite, non-confrontational, and fun. But if a mod says something inflammatory, who do we report them to? Your voice holds more weight than mine does, because you've got all the muscle.

Now maybe you're TRYING to get people who disagree with you angry, so they'll go apeshit, and you can get rid of them. I hope that's not the case, because that would also be childish, and an abuse of power.

On another topic, I'm a big believer in the idea that what one says at one site shouldn't be held against them on another (which is one of the primary reasons why Pizza the Hutt's posts were so irritating), but if JT is to be believed (and I can think of no reason why he shouldn't be), then you asking him how many cocks he sucked to get his standing on Macross World (and what standing? Most Macross World members have never even HEARD OF his podcast, much less listened to it) should have, by your own theory, demeaned you as a person quite handily. True, JT called you out. True, JT made fun of you. But does a crude homosexual joke really make matters better? (And if you DIDN'T leave that note, just say so).

Now, levity is fine: Memo and I take take little jabs at each other ALL THE DAMN TIME, but it should be clear that it's all in good fun. Now, this could be my fault for simply not seeing it, but I don't get that sense of fun from your posts. I guess what I'm saying is: practice what you preach. "Flame not lest ye be flamed" and all that.

You know the drill. :)

MaverickLSC wrote:

It still can be, anyway there's more to life than Robotech. And I have a very, VERY special interview coming in my next podcast. I feel very privileged :)

Here's a hint...

Star Wars and music ;)

Mav...

YOU'RE GETTING JOHN WILLIAMS??? WOW! WHATTA CATCH! I'll be SURE to listen now, and I'll tell everyone I know to listen, too!

;)
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Gubaba.
14 years 2 months ago #10445

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

GUBABA

Now, levity is fine: Memo and I take take little jabs at each other ALL THE DAMN TIME, but it should be clear that it's all in good fun. Now, this could be my fault for simply not seeing it, but I don't get that sense of fun from your posts. I guess what I'm saying is: practice what you preach. "Flame not lest ye be flamed" and all that.

HEHEHE

WILL PUT SOME POINTS FROM YOUR LAST POST AND MAV'S LATER. GOTTA GET READY FOR MY PART TIME JOB.

BUT IN THIS LAST STATEMENT I THINK THE SAME. GUBABA IS ONE OF THE FEW THAT I KNOW THAT CAN PLAY NOT ONLY NICE, BUT FAIR. WITH RESPECT TO EACH OTHER AND I HAVE LEARN A LOT FROM WHAT LITTLE HE HAS POSTED ABOUT MACROSS. FOR ME HE CONNECTS THE DOTS WAY BETTER WITHOUT INSULT OR NON NEEDED COMETARY. JUST SHOW WHAT IT IS. AND I THINK HE UNDERSTANDS ME BETTER THAN FRIENDS WHO ACT LIKE THEY KNEW ME ALL THE TIME AND ACTUALLY DON'T KNOW A THING.

AND GLAD THAT GUBABA STAYED HERE. I THINK HE IS BRIDGING THAT ROBOTECH/MACROSS FANDOM WITH ALL HIS KNOWLEDGE.

I KNOW THE ANSWERS TO GUBABAS QUESTION ABOUT THE COMMENTS MADE BY MAV. BUT WILL LEAVE THAT FOR MAV TO TELL GUBABA.

HEHEHE
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #10453

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

Gubaba wrote;

But to say that people who don't like Shadow Chronicles aren't smart enough to get it...well, that's an insult, isn't it?

I've never called anyone stupid, it was obvious I was being sarcastic by the tone of the message. Even memo knows that I was pulling an imitation of SetoKaiba, since he makes similar comments towards Robotech fans and is notorious for it, he acted in this manner not only while he was here on Rtx.com, but also on Robotech.com and the parody was the perfect medicine to educate to those on how the other half took the blunt of his anti-HG rhetoric.

Don't take it as personal, I hope that you understand what Robotech fans went through by my parody of Seto, because what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Gubaba you are civil, Viper and Waters7 are also civil and I have no problems with them. SetoKaiba on the other hand attacks anyone not only in terms of the credibility, chastising and making offhanded condesceding remarks. But he constantly touches to the point of flame baiting, in particular on robotech.com

Gubaba wrote;

And based on what? That a Hugo and Nebula Award winning author laid some groundwork for movie. We don't know what his ideas were, how much was kept, how much was scrapped, or what kind of springboard they made for the resulting film. I made the analogy to I, Robot, earlier, but no one's responded to that so far.

He wrote the series bible for Robotech:The Shadow Chronicles. RT:SC was intended to be a pilot and some of his ideas that were written in Robotech:Rendezvous with Destiny, were indeed borrowed for RT:SC which is the reason why Robert J. Sawyer received a special credit in the film. A writer receives a special credit if his/her ideas are considered 'influential'.

Hopefully, one day soon someone may interview Robert J. Sawyer and shed some light on this particular area since it may give an indication which direction Shadow Chronicles and Shadow Rising was going to lead to.

Gubaba wrote;

On another topic, I'm a big believer in the idea that what one says at one site shouldn't be held against them on another (which is one of the primary reasons why Pizza the Hutt's posts were so irritating), but if JT is to be believed (and I can think of no reason why he shouldn't be), then you asking him how many cocks he sucked to get his standing on Macross World (and what standing? Most Macross World members have never even HEARD OF his podcast, much less listened to it) should have, by your own theory, demeaned you as a person quite handily. True, JT called you out. True, JT made fun of you. But does a crude homosexual joke really make matters better? (And if you DIDN'T leave that note, just say so).

Nope, I never wrote anything against JT. I know for a fact that my friends do listen to his podcast. I'm still a fan of his podcast and supported his podcast at the start until it was noted that JT was being fed some unwarranted info and some inconsistancies in his podcast led me to believe his position wasnt' that of a Robotech fan as he claimed to be.

So I started my own podcast, to take out the politics and tell the fans to relax and not take the fandom so seriously as really that makes all anime fans looks bad in the public light.

I started to interview my friends who happen to be ethier a Robotech or Macross fan, or both for my podcast. I also mentioned JT's, RDF Underground, Space Station Liberty and DougBendo's podcasts to them as they didnt' know Robotech/Macross podcasts existed.

I later received a reply from one of these friends who was particularly offended and disgusted by JT's remarks referring to me, who was quick to attack me as I if I was the culpret of the comments you've claimed I made. These claims made by JT about me were completely unfounded since my friends and I are close and know that I wouldnt' post these comments.

Just for the record, the people I've interviewed so far Adonis Howard and Kevin Johnston are both Robotech/Macross fans and both live in the same town I do. We have a large community of Robotech and Macross fans in Southern Ontario.

In fact, Robert J. Sawyer also a fan of Robotech lives in the downtown section of the city I live in. Also until recently Robotech was in syndication on one of our more popular local cable TV networks; The Space channel.

So as you can see there is indeed quite a sizeable fanbase up here.

And just like Southern California, we have many canadian Robotech and anime fans and any one of them may have left behind comments after that unwarranted and condescending personal attack that JT unjustly is accusing myself of.

If one of friends felt JT is wrong, then I'll let them be. Even dougbendo knows the truth about JT and didnt' fall for his erroneous rhetoric on his random casts.

When he started attacking me on his random casts, I knew this particular individual was not worth listening to any longer. I was shocked and offended especially since from Day 1, I once supported his podcast and mentioned how well his voice sounded like a DJ. I thought his podcast would be grounds to have a united front for both Macross fans and Robotech fans to share discussions on an intellectual level without the baggage that permeated most fan forums.

I've never attacked anyone on my podcasts, just educated and instruct on the dangers of being obsessed with any fandom. There can be a middle ground, but you have to leave the politics out of podcasting which is why my podcast differs from both Dougbendo's and JT's.

Fans do need to settle down and leave the politics out. And hopefully this will change with future episodes of my podcast, as I plan to have more interviews with both Robotech fan and Macross fans and shed light that there is a common ground.

Gubaba wrote;

YOU'RE GETTING JOHN WILLIAMS??? WOW! WHATTA CATCH! I'll be SURE to listen now, and I'll tell everyone I know to listen, too!

Nope, not John williams. But you are getting warmer ;)

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
14 years 2 months ago #10459

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

raptor jesus on a fucking bicycle I need a fire extinguisher for all the blatant flaming coming from your post Mav

You complain about JT attacking you so you turn around and attack him? Also WTF @ agreeing with Bendo... that man is the village idiot as far as I'm concerned. Anything he says is him directly talking out of his ass =]
JT's podcast have never been about fandom politics.. it's been about robotech and the fans and the fan projects, so where the hell do you get off?

the only reason he's even talked about the god damn drama is because everyone else was too chicken shit to :|
He was willing to speak up and let the fandom know what the hell was going on in the fandom, and you know what? A lot of us PAHG's are the reason for the random casts, including myself. Fans deserved to know they can't talk about specific topic on the holy board of RT.com without getting the banhammer. Also not a crime to let others know of those who banned unfairly, yeah? Well in your case probably not.

Being a moderator must warrant you some great power eh?
Mods are supposed to ban trolls or spammers... neither of the two listed fell into the category of those you so graciously removed. And you've made a lot of shitty comments about fans in general, talking about how LOLZ I HAVE A PERFECT LIFE AND PERFECT WIFE I DONT NEED ROBOTECH TO BE HAPPY!!!!!111

Well congrats for you and your perfect life, newsflash no one really gives a shit, this is the internet, no one gives a damn about anyone, and whenever you talk about your "personal" life, you're just opening up yourself to be trolled. So don't cry when people make fun of your life or anything you said online. That's what happens when you post it online, does that compute? Yes I know I am coming off as bitch but I am annoyed with this whole JT IS EVIL bullshit. He's a nice guy who cares about the fandom and wants to see good come of it, but with people like you and Bendo? I don't see that as being very likely at all.

Just stop it and fucking let it go, it's pathetic
this is the internet, its not serious business
or is it?

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 2 months ago #10462

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

HP

Just stop it and fucking let it go, it's pathetic
this is the internet, its not serious business
or is it?

WELL, SURE LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS MAKING IT OUT TO BE WITH YOUR POST... WILL SHOW THIS AFTER THIS SHORT COMMERCIAL.

I SEE MAV'S POINT AND I DO AGREE AS WELL WITH WHAT HE SAYS. THAT'S MY OPINION HP. REGARDLESS HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT IT. DON'T CARE IF YOU ON THAT DOWNLOAD MARKER TO HEAR WHAT JT HAS TO SAY OR WHAT IS A PRIVATE LIFE. NO ONE ASKED JT TO PUT IT OUT THERE EITHER.

SO...

raptor jesus on a fucking bicycle I need a fire extinguisher for all the blatant flaming coming from your post Mav

HMMM DON'T LIKE OPINION OF OTHERS EH?

You complain about JT attacking you so you turn around and attack him? Also WTF @ agreeing with Bendo... that man is the village idiot as far as I'm concerned. Anything he says is him directly talking out of his ass =]
JT's podcast have never been about fandom politics.. it's been about robotech and the fans and the fan projects, so where the hell do you get off?

HP. WHAT YOU LIKE OTHERS DON'T. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.
I ALSO AGREE WITH DOUGH BENDO. HE MAKES MORE SENCE OF WHATS GOING ON IN RT FANDOM AND AS WELL AS WHATS WRONG WITH JT. JT DIVED IN TO FANDOM POLITICS BY THE 3RD EPISODE. ONE OF THE REASONS I LEFT THAT ALONE. CRAP TO ME.

AND SINCE WHEN YOU WORRY ABOUT DOUG? OR WHO HE IS OR WHAT HE HAS TO SAY? LOOKS TO ME LIKE YOU CANT KEEP OF HIS BICYCLE. JUST LET THAT GO.

the only reason he's even talked about the god damn drama is because everyone else was too chicken shit to :|
He was willing to speak up and let the fandom know what the hell was going on in the fandom, and you know what? A lot of us PAHG's are the reason for the random casts, including myself. Fans deserved to know they can't talk about specific topic on the holy board of RT.com without getting the banhammer. Also not a crime to let others know of those who banned unfairly, yeah? Well in your case probably not.

SO WHO MADE JT TOP DRAMA QUEEN? HIMSLEF! HIS SHOW HIS CONTENT AND HIS VOICE. SO DON'T GET AL BENT OUT OF SHAPE JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE DOES NOT AGREE WITH HIM. WAIT YOU DID SAY A WHILE BACK? SERIOUS BUISNESS.. AND LET IT GO.

SURE LOOKS LIKE YOU DOING IT.

Being a moderator must warrant you some great power eh?
Mods are supposed to ban trolls or spammers... neither of the two listed fell into the category of those you so graciously removed. And you've made a lot of shitty comments about fans in general, talking about how LOLZ I HAVE A PERFECT LIFE AND PERFECT WIFE I DONT NEED ROBOTECH TO BE HAPPY!!!!!111

HP, WHAT WORRYS YOU THAT MAV HAS A LIFE? SINCE WHEN DO YOU CARE? ROBOTECH IS A CARTOON HP. A CARTOON. LET GO OF THE DRAMA.

Well congrats for you and your perfect life, newsflash no one really gives a shit, this is the internet, no one gives a damn about anyone, and whenever you talk about your "personal" life, you're just opening up yourself to be trolled. So don't cry when people make fun of your life or anything you said online. That's what happens when you post it online, does that compute?

AGAIN.. WHY YOU SO INTERESTED IN MAV'S LIFE? SERIOUS BUISNESS HUH?

WOW...

Yes I know I am coming off as bitch but I am annoyed with this whole JT IS EVIL bullshit. He's a nice guy who cares about the fandom and wants to see good come of it, but with people like you and Bendo? I don't see that as being very likely at all.

YOU JUST CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

WELL, OPINION OF OTHERS. SAME THING AS MAV SAID. TO ME, JT PODCAST SUCKS. DRAMA WITH ROBOTECH.... OK.. WHATEVER.

AT LEAST DOUG HAS THE .."SENSE" TO CALL HIS SHOW FOR WHAT IT IS. BUT JT SHOW TO ME IS JUST A WANNA BE.

JUST MY OPINION HP.. JUST ONE... OK, TWO OPINIONS.

I HEARD BETTER. CAP JLS IS TOPS FOR ME. SOMETIMES SPACE STATION LIBERTY.

BUT JT? DRAMA VOICE OF WHAT FANDOM? WITH ROBOTECH... OOOKAY.

LET IT GO HP. LET IT GO.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
14 years 2 months ago #10463

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:"Liveblogging" My unpacking of Maia Sterling Alpha

lol @ trying to bait me

also lives are sooo overrated these days =]

also all bendo does is bitch about how everyone sucks but him
some podcast but if you prefer it that's up to you :laugh:

Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by LadyGrimes.
14 years 2 months ago #10466

HP

lol @ trying to bait me

also lives are sooo overrated these days =]

also all bendo does is bitch about how everyone sucks but him
some podcast but if you prefer it that's up to you

THAT'S THE HP I LIKE.

SEE. RESPECT PEOPLE'S OPINION. HECK, I DO WHEN YOU GIVE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SHADOW CHRONICLES.

SOOO... ANY ONE ELSE?

OK.. BACK TO THE TOPIC OF MAIA...

ANYONE WILL TRY TO GET A REPLACEMENT?

MGREXX? WILL YOU?
14 years 2 months ago #10468

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

but but I thought you liked the nonconformist HP too!
anyways like he said back on topic of the Miriya wannabe =p

14 years 2 months ago #10473

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MaverickLSC wrote:

Gubaba wrote;

But to say that people who don't like Shadow Chronicles aren't smart enough to get it...well, that's an insult, isn't it?

I've never called anyone stupid, it was obvious I was being sarcastic by the tone of the message.

Obvious to whom?

MaverickLSC wrote:

Even memo knows that I was pulling an imitation of SetoKaiba, since he makes similar comments towards Robotech fans and is notorious for it, he acted in this manner not only while he was here on Rtx.com, but also on Robotech.com and the parody was the perfect medicine to educate to those on how the other half took the blunt of his anti-HG rhetoric.

You mean Memo guessed that's what you were doing after first being as puzzled as the rest of us.

So um...you were throwing out an impersonation of someone who've banned from RT.com, who ca't defend himself...? Classy.

MaverickLSC wrote:

Don't take it as personal, I hope that you understand what Robotech fans went through by my parody of Seto, because what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Gubaba you are civil, Viper and Waters7 are also civil and I have no problems with them. SetoKaiba on the other hand attacks anyone not only in terms of the credibility, chastising and making offhanded condesceding remarks. But he constantly touches to the point of flame baiting, in particular on robotech.com

And he's been banned. Silenced at both RT.com and here. By you. That should've solved the problem and quelled the rage, shouldn't it have?

MaverickLSC wrote:

Gubaba wrote;

And based on what? That a Hugo and Nebula Award winning author laid some groundwork for movie. We don't know what his ideas were, how much was kept, how much was scrapped, or what kind of springboard they made for the resulting film. I made the analogy to I, Robot, earlier, but no one's responded to that so far.

He wrote the series bible for Robotech:The Shadow Chronicles. RT:SC was intended to be a pilot and some of his ideas that were written in Robotech:Rendezvous with Destiny, were indeed borrowed for RT:SC which is the reason why Robert J. Sawyer received a special credit in the film. A writer receives a special credit if his/her ideas are considered 'influential'.

Mr. Sawyer wrote the Shadow Chronicles series bible? That would be news even to him, since he said, "As often happens in Hollywood, the project ended up going in other directions, and my proposal (called Robotech: Rendezvous with Destiny) was never made. But Tommy says it was an important part of the development process for the final film they did end up producing."

The series he worked on was NEVER MADE. It went in OTHER DIRECTIONS. Yes, Tommy said "it was an important part of the development process," but that could realistically mean almost anything.

MaverickLSC wrote:

Hopefully, one day soon someone may interview Robert J. Sawyer and shed some light on this particular area since it may give an indication which direction Shadow Chronicles and Shadow Rising was going to lead to.

Agreed.

MaverickLSC wrote:

Gubaba wrote;

Nope, I never wrote anything against JT. I know for a fact that my friends do listen to his podcast. I'm still a fan of his podcast and supported his podcast at the start until it was noted that JT was being fed some unwarranted info and some inconsistancies in his podcast led me to believe his position wasnt' that of a Robotech fan as he claimed to be.

Huh. I don't know what to think then.

And, um...it's nice that you live near so many Robotech/Macross fans, but it's also irrelevant to any of my points. :)

MaverickLSC wrote:

When he started attacking me on his random casts, I knew this particular individual was not worth listening to any longer. I was shocked and offended especially since from Day 1, I once supported his podcast and mentioned how well his voice sounded like a DJ. I thought his podcast would be grounds to have a united front for both Macross fans and Robotech fans to share discussions on an intellectual level without the baggage that permeated most fan forums.

Personally, I do find it worthwhile. Please understand, I had written off the hardcore Robotech fandom as a bunch of crazies. JT opened my eyes to realize that there ARE intelligent people out there, who address others in an intelligent manner. I found (and still find) his podcast to be a much-needed shot in the arm for Robotech fans.

MaverickLSC wrote:

I've never attacked anyone on my podcasts, just educated and instruct on the dangers of being obsessed with any fandom. There can be a middle ground, but you have to leave the politics out of podcasting which is why my podcast differs from both Dougbendo's and JT's.

If you want my take on your podcast, just ask. I won't offer it unsolicited however, since unwanted advice is rarely welcome.

MaverickLSC wrote:

Fans do need to settle down and leave the politics out. And hopefully this will change with future episodes of my podcast, as I plan to have more interviews with both Robotech fan and Macross fans and shed light that there is a common ground.

Just by acknowledging the existence of the original series (even though he hasn't seen them), JT has done more to bridge the gap than most people. :)

MaverickLSC wrote:

Gubaba wrote;

Nope, not John williams. But you are getting warmer ;)

Mav...

You getting Sy Snootles, then...?
14 years 2 months ago #10475

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I ALSO AGREE WITH DOUGH BENDO. HE MAKES MORE SENCE OF WHATS GOING ON IN RT FANDOM AND AS WELL AS WHATS WRONG WITH JT.

So let's see then...you agree that Macross fandom is shaped like a pyramid, with VFTF1 at the very top. JT gets fed with scripts written by Jasonc. That Macross fans are a bunch of liberal white pedophiles. That Captain JLS did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for the fandom, and should "be called out on his shit." That Khyron Prime did a great thing by pieing Tommy Yune. That the only reason Tommy Yune is EVEN AT Harmony Gold is because he's Asian. That everyone at both RT.com and RTX is a boring loser. That JT is mentally retarded, and a Macross Purist. And that all the fan projects suck.

These are all positions Doug Bendo takes. You might want to be a little more specific when you say you agree with him. :)
14 years 2 months ago #10476

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds