ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

Simple answer? Because it's macross.........and the most popular saga of RT is the macross saga. There's even some fans on the RT.com forums who think or used to think the other macross series were RT. I remember reading a lot of threads like that back in the day, asking about those other series and how they're related to RT.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
12 years 9 months ago #16983

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

And the three losers strike again with their bullshit. Honestly, how do these three f***ing morons still have jobs? The community really needs to stop supporting their nonsense. Pannels at cons and the whole 9.

AWWW COME ON... SEE WHAT I MEAN ABOUT A BIGGER FAN BASE OUTSIDE THE FORUMS?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 9 months ago #16984

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

And the three losers strike again with their bullshit. Honestly, how do these three f***ing morons still have jobs? The community really needs to stop supporting their nonsense. Pannels at cons and the whole 9.

Aww Memo... I left you out too? I'm sorry but I didn't see you up there otherwise there would've been four losers. 4.5 if Maverick would've joined all of you up on that pannel.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
12 years 9 months ago #16985

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

OMFG! Holy transforming Rick Skull Leader Hunter! The generic fans want more Hunter, they want more VF-1Sex! Don't forget, Robotech ended after Ep 36 and its all Dana's fault. =[

Fans want what they enjoy. If the show was mixed up from shows, they want to get another show to turn into new Robotech! Come on, we know everyone wants to see a 5 OVA of Earth Forces figthing some random enemy while the SDF-1 is in space battling Zentraedi. Admiral Hayes can be in charge of Roy Fokker's long lost brother, in awesome non-transformable fighters, using Yukikaze!

When the Invid make their initial invasion, they sent inorganic commanders to take charge of the first strike and irradication of hostile forces. Join up with a crack team of Freedom fighters in Australia, as they battle to beat back the Invid stronghold, waiting for re-inforcements from Mars Base, with the use of Gal Force(New)!

Or, with no major alien threat and the lack of Protoculture, Earth forces switch to nuclear powered non-transforming Battroids, while focusing on regenerating the population, building large colonies around the local Earth orbit. But oh noes! Lunk turned into a Space Nazi Politician, got assasinated by some other nazi dude, and thusly, the Principality of Lunk was born! His surviving children, mothered by Annie, are thrown on either side of the firing lines, using UC79. =]
12 years 9 months ago #16986

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Yeah, that bigger fan base aren't fans of Robotech, they're fans of Macross! Seriously, making later Macross series as part of Robotech is ridiculous. Still, it'd be funny to see how Mav would react since he's always ripping on Macross 7 and Frontier.
12 years 9 months ago #16988

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Biollante wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

Biollante wrote:

what the fffffffffffff adding macross frontier to Robotech? Good lord..........

Exactly.... Why tarnish and ruin another Macross series.

Yeah some fans have this obsession with writing other macross series into Robotech, not something I really ever understood but hey with the lack of anything new from Robotech, I can see why they would do that.............or even *cringe* suggest it.

Exactly! Why dont they use Dorvak? Or Orguss? Why use something that already has branched out on its own, that has a name for itself?

Because you no longer need to "localize" anime in order to release it. Remember, Robotech wasn't changed from the original shows because of any grand creative design, but out of marketing necessity. That's not the case any more.
12 years 9 months ago #16989

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

Actually, I can sorta see a non-anime fan or someone who doesn't like Macross but likes the look wanting to see what it would be like made into a Robotech series.
Also, remember most Robotech fans are likely casual fans/viewers who probably know very little about how the series was created. Some of them may have no idea that a Macross universe exist outside of the one they saw in Macross Saga.
Some people believe HG considered making M7 into RT7 back when RT.com first launched. I do vaguely recall survey questions during the pre-launch and Beta that seemed to be gauging whether fans would accept another anime and how much it had to be changed.
Since Macross series and merchandise haven't been widely released outside of Japan it could possibly work although I expect such a deal is highly unlikely to ever happen. HG would take a lot of flack for doing this but with so much criticism of them already what would they have to lose, especially if it makes them money.

What I find interesting is the comment by Jasonc suggesting the new animation for rt2012 (can we change the name now Memo?) is flash. This isn't the first time we've seen new flash Robotech animation although it was a fake:

Something else odd is his comment concerning the delay being due to better animation, what is that supposed to mean? Did they have to replace some of the new animation or are they talking about new animation to replace the LLA portions or what?

Could someone elaborate on the shipping issue with the battlepods?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 9 months ago #16990

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

rtsurfer wrote:

Actually, I can sorta see a non-anime fan or someone who doesn't like Macross but likes the look wanting to see what it would be like made into a Robotech series.
Also, remember most Robotech fans are likely casual fans/viewers who probably know very little about how the series was created. Some of them may have no idea that a Macross universe exist outside of the one they saw in Macross Saga.

Well, that's where a little thing called "the internet" comes into play. The information is all over the place, if people look.
12 years 9 months ago #16992

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

Gubaba wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

Well, that's where a little thing called "the internet" comes into play. The information is all over the place, if people look.

Yeah, IF people look. I think most people don't research the tv series they regularly watch beyond going to the official website, if that. Additionally, Robotech is an old series that didn't have the advantage of the internet when it originally aired.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 9 months ago #16993

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ANIME EXPO LOS ANGELES JULY 1-4, 2011

rtsurfer wrote:

What I find interesting is the comment by Jasonc

OK.. I KNOW THE SOURCE AND THE COMMENTS.... IT CAN'T BE HELPED.

SO BE PATIENT FOR THE VIDEO AND I TRUST YOU WILL HAVE THE BEST RESPONSES TO THE ROBOTECH PANEL THAN WHAT IS OUT THERE ALREADY.

ALMOST DONE WITH FIRST VIDEO
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 9 months ago #16994

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds