ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

4.NEW GENERATION RPG IS BEING WORKED ON. TOMMY CLAIMED THERE IS A COVER FOR THE BOOK BUT DID NOT SHOW. NO RELEASE DATE.

Yeah, Kevin said in the current weekly update he had sent a cover sketch to HG to get feedback. PB is listing the book for a tentative May 2011 release.

5.NEW ANIMATION CLIP WAS SHOWN OF THE 2011 PROJECT.

SHOW THE IMAGE OF SERA BUT THIS TIME AT THE END TOMMY PLAYED AN ANIMATION COMPLETE CLIP AND IN COLOR. NOT AN ANIMATIC LIKE WE SAW PRE-SHADOW CHRONICLES. TOMMY DID WARNED US IT'S STILL ANIMATION IN PRODUCTION AND IN THE WORKS.

THERE WAS NO AUDIO SINCE ACCORDING TO TOMMY THE PRODUCTION HAS NOT MOVED INTO SOUND YET...

FIRST COMES THE IMAGE OF THE HG LOGO.. AND RIGHT AFTER YOU ARE IN SPACE MOVING INTO EARTH. I ALMOST THOUGHT IT WAS THE SAME AS SHADOW CHRONICLES BUT WHEN YOU MOVE CLOSER TO EARTH, AND THROUGH THE CLOUDS YOU COME TO THE 3 MOUNDS.

THEN YOU CUT INTO A SPACE ABOVE WHERE WHERE THERE IS A BATTLE GOING ON AND THERE ARE A FLEET OF GARFISH. THE COLOR WAS OFF THOUGHT BECAUSE THE GARFISH LOOKED FLORESCENT GREEN. THEN YOU CUT INTO AND FOLLOW A PILOT IN NEW GENERATION UNIFORM DO TO THE HELMET OF THE PILOT AND HE WAS FLYING A Conbat SFA-5

YOU FOLLOW THE PLANE AROUND THROUGH SOME FIGHTING AND THE CHARACTER AS WELL.. MISSILES HERE, EXPLOSIONS THERE.. INVID SCOUTS ALL OVER THE PLACE AND DON'T LOOK LIKE THE ONES FROM SHADOW CHRONICLES. THEN YOU CUT BACK TO THE MOUNDS AND THERE IS A BEAM OF LIGHT THAT HITS IT AND BLOWS IT UP.. AND YOU PAN AWAY FROM EARTH AND BACK INTO SPACE...

WAS VERY FAST AND THE ANIMATION LOOKED NEW AND AT THE SAME TIME RETRO.

THEY WILL SHOW IT AGAIN SUNDAY ACCORDING TO TOMMY. HOPE OTHERS CAN FILL IN LATER AS WELL.

NO RELEASE DATE.

It sounds like you are describing an animated version of Lancers' assault on Earth from the comic series Robotech: Invasion. With what sounds somewhat like an animated version of the Invid invading the mounds, possibly reminiscent of the discontinuious sequence depicted in the comic series Love and War.
The Invid looking non shadow chronicles in addition to the retro look you mentioned further supports speculation that remastered LLA animation will be used in the new project.

Biollante wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

From rt.com's Facebook wall:

Fans watch a new Robotech animation clip at Animation On Display!

:ohmy: If the crowd's reaction is any indication of how good it is I can't wait to see it ;) :laugh:

Okay, seriously.......who died?

Maybe for today's picture they can get everyone to sit closer together then stand up and clap, or better yet get them to do the wave. Something to make us believe they enjoyed the preview of the new animation. B)
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 2 months ago #14750

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

rtsurfer wrote:

Maybe for today's picture they can get everyone to sit closer together then stand up and clap, or better yet get them to do the wave. Something to make us believe they enjoyed the preview of the new animation. B)

NAH, BETTER THIS WAY SO YOU CAN BELIEVE WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE... OF COURSE LOT OF PEOPLE THINK THE FANDOM IS DEAD OR DON'T CARE.

:)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 2 months ago #14755

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

OK, HERE FOR SUNDAYS ROBOTECH PANEL.

ATTENDANCE ABOUT THE SAME BUT NEW PEOPLE THIS TIME AROUND. FEW FROM YESTERDAY. POSTING IN FACEBOOK RIGHT NOW.
13 years 2 months ago #14756

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

Looks like word of the new animation preview really packed today's panel :P

13 years 2 months ago #14764

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

rtsurfer wrote:

To be fair, AOD is a really small con which is why I'm actually surprised HG would attend and even more surprised they would use this venue to release a clip. I went last year and expected something descent since the admission fee was like $20 but the dealer room had less product than my toy room and the only stuff I bought was some Macross stuff from Kinokuniya Books. I guess it's cause the AOD organizers place the HG crew on such a pedestal. Still, you would expect HG to be a part of SF's Wonder-Con which is a sister production of SD Comic-Con. Wonder-Con would definitely pull in a larger crowd just by the fact that it's at a convention center rather than a hotel conference room.
13 years 2 months ago #14767

Art of the Conbat:

Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 2 months ago #14769
Attachments:

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

ps99041 wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

To be fair, AOD is a really small con which is why I'm actually surprised HG would attend and even more surprised they would use this venue to release a clip. I went last year and expected something descent since the admission fee was like $20 but the dealer room had less product than my toy room and the only stuff I bought was some Macross stuff from Kinokuniya Books. I guess it's cause the AOD organizers place the HG crew on such a pedestal. Still, you would expect HG to be a part of SF's Wonder-Con which is a sister production of SD Comic-Con. Wonder-Con would definitely pull in a larger crowd just by the fact that it's at a convention center rather than a hotel conference room.

I AGREE AS WELL.

THE CON JUST LOOKED THE SAME. YOU DID NOT MISS MUCH IN THAT. THE PRICE WENT UP TO 30 DLRS.

TO ADD, I THINK THIS FIRST CON INFO LETS FANS KNOW WHATS COMING TO OTHER CONS. LOT OF NEWS ON PRODUCTION WAS FROM LAST YEAR. OLD NEWS. BUT NEW CONTENT OF WHAT THE PRODUCTION CONTAINED.

AS THEY CIRCLE THE CONS I WOULD THINK THEY WILL ADD MORE AS WELL.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 2 months ago #14780

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re: ANIMATION ON DISPLAY in San Francisco : Feb. 19-20th, 2011

I wonder if HG has come up with a proper transformation for the Combat. I wouldn't be surprised if the Combat is used as "replacement" for the Valkyrie. I really wouldn't be opposed to that.
13 years 2 months ago #14792

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Troubleman245 wrote:

I wonder if HG has come up with a proper transformation for the Combat. I wouldn't be surprised if the Combat is used as "replacement" for the Valkyrie. I really wouldn't be opposed to that.

GOOD QUESTION. DID IT EVEN TRANSFORM IN THE COMICS? BEEN A WHILE SINCE I SEEN IT.
13 years 2 months ago #14793

Until now it was a non-transformable spacecraft, IIRC, the Japanese name actually translates to "Convert" (as in one who has changed faiths).

13 years 2 months ago #14794

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds