Robotech: The Last Zentraedi Forces

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer
  • Thank you received: 0

Robotech: The Last Zentraedi Forces was created by Mark-Warlock

Ok, so a Question was asked over at RT.com in one of the forums... "Buried Alien"Asked the Question: "What if Team Bernard had encountered Zentraedi on the way to Reflex Point?" .

Seeing as how the wheels in my brain automatically begin to turn when anyone puts to things together using the words 'What if" I had to see where the idea would go.

So... What you are about to read is the product of my overactive imagination at work again....

A Special thanks goes out to "Buried Alien" over at RT.com for asking the question... "What IF"

Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it.

Thanks again for your time.
Mark

Oh... you may also see a little cross over into one of my other stories... hope you like it.

Mark
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
15 years 8 months ago #1120

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Robotech: The New Generation

Robotech: New Generation
The Last Zentraedi forces

By:
Mark Warlock

The quiet skies are shattered by the roaring sound of mecha streaking through the sky as Scott, Rook, Rand, and Lancer avoid a swarm of Invid. On the ground below lunk and Annie speed through the forest dodging weapons fire from the Invid rapidly gaining. “Scott, my Protoculture is just about out.” Rand says over the com. “Same here.” Rook replies followed by Lancer. “Alright then, this is it.” Scott says as he maneuvers his Alpha toward a small mountain range and an outcrop of trees. “We’ll make our stand there.” The four fighters descend rapidly to the base of one of the mountains. “This should give us some cover.” Lancer says over the com. With plenty of cover they convert their fighters to battloid mode and ready themselves for combat as Lunk and Annie rendezvous with them. The four battloids begin counter attacking the approaching Invid destroying several in the initial blasts, but the attack is short lived as their power levels drop to almost nothing. The Invid sensing the drop in Protoculture levels begin to increase their attack. “There defenses are down, Destroy them now!” the Regess commands. Invid shock troopers begin to a ground assault as Scott, Rand, Rook, and Lancer power up their Cyclone armor to make their last stand. Lunk grabs Annie who is cowering in his truck and rushes her behind a large bolder for safety before he begins to fire. To Annie,s horror an Invid Shock trooper lands in front of her and is about to deal a death blow when from behind and above Scott’s position weapons fire destroys the shock trooper in a bright flash of light.

The destruction of the Shock Trooper is as much a shock to the Invid as it is to the Robotech freedom fighters. “What was that?” Rand calls out as more weapons fire, not of their making, begins to cut the Invid forces in half. Scott dives for the ground as shrapnel and large pieces of debris comes flying at him from an exploding Invid. Rand, Rook, and Lancer also take cover as the Invid are blown from the sky. The Invid begin to scatter in confusion as the Regess makes contact. “Halt attack!” she commands. “We shall go no further into this area.” Her minions disengage and begin to retreat under heavy fire. The Invid disappear out of site and as quickly as the mysterious attack starts, it ends. “Hey Scott, where did all those fireworks come from?” Rook says as she opens her helmets visor. “I don’t know, but I intend to find out.” Scott says as he converts his Cyclone armor back to rider mode. “Anyone that can give the Invid that kind of pounding is someone I want on my side.” Lunk says as he helps Annie to her feet and brings her over to the rest of the group. “Ok, Rook and Rand you’re with me.” Scott says as he checks his side arm. “Lancer, Lunk, you and Annie set up camp and see if there’s any major damage to the fighters.” Everyone nods in agreement and Scott and the other three make their way by Cyclone into the mountains.

On their way up, Rand discovers a wide pathway leading further up and across the mountain face. “Hey, I think if we take this we should end up close to where those shots came from.” He says. “Yeah, I think he may be right” Rook says as she checks a compass. “Alright, then we go that way.” Scott says as the three head down the path. The three make their way up the path with little effort. They finally come to an abrupt end in front of a large cave opening. They ride their Cyclones just inside the cave and dismount. “We’re on foot from here.” Scott says as he shines a flashlight into the caves tunnel. The three cautiously make their way through the large tunnel into the mountain. As they get deeper into the mountain they begin to hear the low hum of machinery. “What’s that?” Rook says as they stop to listen. “Sounds like some kind of machine.” Rand says. “Alright, watch your backs.” Scott says as he pulls out his sidearm. The sounds grow louder as they continue on. They turn a sharp corner and arrive to a large chamber cut into the rock. The team is surprised to find a large makeshift living quarters complete with beds, desks, lights, and equipment of all types. “This place gives me the creeps.” Rand says as they walk carefully into the chamber. “Yeah, me too.” Rook adds as she moves a little closer to Rand. They inspect their surroundings and make note of the unusual nature of the place. “I don’t get it Scott..” Rand begins to say as he is cut off by Scott. “Shhh.. I hear something.”

Scott shines a light down another tunnel and begins to follow the sound. Rook and Rand look at each other momentarily then follow behind Scott. The three enter a pitch black chamber, a chamber so large that their footsteps echo around them. Without warning a bright light shines down on them from above. “Why are you here?” a deep male voice thunders around them. Scott, Rand, and Rook instinctively make a defensive circle with their weapons drawn scanning the darkness past the light. “Why are you here!” The disembodied voice demands. “Hey we wanted to find out who saved our lives” Rook shouted back. There was a momentary silence as the team looked back at each other. “We were not doing that for you.” The voice says. “We were simply defending out territory.” He adds. “Who are you?” Scott yells back. “You come into our home uninvited and ask who we are?” the mysterious man says sarcastically. “Isn’t it customary for you to introduce yourselves?” he adds. “Enough with this game!” Scott shouted back. As Rook steps in front of Scott and places her hand on his chest halting his verbal attack. “I’m Rook” she answers. “This is Scott, and that’s Rand.” The room falls silent as the group remains in the brightly light circle. The three look at each other puzzled as the silence is broken by the rumble of the ground behind them. To their shock a giant humanoid figure appears and kneels. “I am Xedra” He says with a smile. “Welcome to our home.”

“You... You’re Zentraedi” Scott says in complete awe. “But we thought there were no more full size Zentraedi left on Earth.” Rook says to their host as he sits crossed legged in front of them. “We are the last true Zentraedi left on Earth.” He tells the three as they put their side arms away and remove their helmets. For the next hour Xedra tells them of how he and his men came to be there. He tells them how Breetai had ordered him and fifty of his best warriors to stay behind and act as guardians for Earth. Breetai had been convinced that at some point the Invid would find the Earth and he wanted to make sure that Earth would not be completely defenseless. “We had been equipped with enough weapons and protoculture to supply an entire destroyer as well as complete technical and repair references provided by your Robotechnicians” Xedra tells them. “Sadly only fifteen of us remain” he adds, his voice softening. “But how have you been able to survive all this time?” Scott asks. “We chose to live in this mountain” he tells them. “The rock provides us with a comfortable living area as well as a strong defensive position” he adds. “But what about supplies and food?” Rand asks. “Among the many pieces of equipment we were provided with was a resizing chamber.” Zedra tells them. “We spend most of our time as micronians so we are able to move about the town and we make frequent trips for the basic things we need” he tells them. “Only the people in town know who we are and they have been most gracious helping to provide us with provisions” he says. “There are always at least five of us at full size in the event of an Invid attac” he continues. “This way the rest of us are able to return to full size while our first line is defending our position.” Scott steps a little closer to Xedra. “Why haven’t the Invid launched an all out assault against you?” Xedra let out a low chuckle and smiled. “Over the years we have come to a…” He pauses. “Unspoken agreement.”

“What do you mean unspoken agreement?” Rand asks puzzled. “We are a threat to The Regess and with cause she considers us such, but she has been unwilling to launch a full scale attack” Xedra tells them. “I believe she does not know our full compliment and potential. We know she can detect our Protoculture readings and that we are well armed. It is highly likely that she fears the amount of destruction we could inflict on her hordes” he tells them. “I have ordered my warriors to defend this sector along with every man, woman, and child” he says proudly. “So what you’re saying is you don’t attack them as long as they stay out of here right?” Rand says. Xedra lets out a little laugh. “That’s correct, however, lately the Invid have become more brazen and have been entering our space more often. I fear that the large hive has detected the decline of our Protoculture readings.” “You mean you’re running out?” Rook asks as Scott ponders the information. “I’m afraid so” Xedra confirms. “Soon, we will no longer be able to use the micronization chamber and then our weapons will fail” he continues. “Once that happens, the Invid will over run our position and the sector will finally fall to the Invid.” “That can’t happen!” Scott says aloud without realizing it. Xedra laughs. “We are in agreement my micronian friend, but what can you do about it?” “My name is Lt. Commander Scott Bernard, I was sent by Admiral Hunter to destroy the Invid Hive at Reflex point.” Scott tells Xedra. “Hmmm.. Hunter.” Xedra says as he rubs his chin with one of his large hands. “Your Admiral Hunter has always been a spirited warrior.” He continues. “But I’m afraid you will find that task more difficult than you think. You are heading directly toward an Invid strong hold.”

Xedra tells them of the large hive that they must pass on their way to Reflex Point. While not as large as their main objective, this hive is just as fortified and boasts a large compliment of Invid. “With your help we could destroy the hive, Reflex Point, and end the Invid occupation once and for all” Rand tells Xedra. “I’m afraid that will not be possible” Zedra tells them heavy hearted. “What!” the three reply in unison. “We can not, will not abandon our post” he says as he shifts uncomfortably. “But you won’t be abandoning it” Rook says in desperation. “You’ll be attacking the enemy and ensuring the safety of those you have sworn to protect!” she adds. “We swore an oath to protect the town and attacking the Invid puts all of them in danger should we fail.” He says somberly lowering his head. “But you said yourself that your Protoculture supply is running low and that the Invid will eventually over run your position.” Scott says in frustration. “I’m sorry.” Xedra tells them as he stand and turns to walk away. “But we cannot help you.” “You cowards!” Scott yells in anger. “We will help you re-supply your weapons.” Xedra tells them as he slowly disappears into the darkness, his head hung low. Throughout the night several micronized Zentraedi help Rook and Rand re-supply the Protoculture in the Alphas, Beta, and Cyclones. Annie, always the curious one, makes her way up the mountain and into the caves. She manages to find her way into the large chamber where Scott and the others had met with Xedra. “Hello?” Annie calls out. “Is there anyone here?” From the darkness Zedra answers his tiny guest. “What can I do for you little one?” Annie steps back startled. “I was just hoping you’d reconsider helping us” she says softly. “I wish we could little one” he tells her sympathetically. “Are you all cowards like Scott says?” she asks. “Come little one; let me tell you a story.” Xedra offers Annie a hand to climb onto and lifts her onto a large table.

The dawn of the new days finds Scott and his team re-supplied and ready to continue on their way to the objective. Xedra stands watching high above as they climb into their fighters. “Godspeed you on your journey my micronian friends.” Zedra says to them. “Real friends wouldn’t let us do this alone.” Scott growled angrily over the com. “Scott, we can’t be mad at them.” Rook tells him. It’s their programming” she adds. “Yeah, well programming or not their letting us make a suicide run.” Rand snaps back. “They’ve done more than their share of fighting Rand.” Lancer adds. “Who are we to judge them?” Scott, Rook, Rand, and Lancer take off with Lunk and Annie following below. “Alright, since we’re gonna being doing this alone we need to make sure that every shot counts.” Scott says as they prepare for the coming battle. “I want short burst at confirmed targets only. We can’t afford to waste any ammunition” he adds. “Scott, we’ll be ok” Rook assures him. “We’re ready.” The team continues to their destination planning their attack and fall back positions should the situation warrant it. An uneasy tension falls on the Robotech freedom fighters and each member spends the last few minutes of their trip pondering the past and their journey together. They are so close to their final objective yet fate has tossed them yet another hurdle to overcome. It seemed like only yesterday that they all met for the first time and yet it was a life time ago. “Alright there it is” Scott says as the hive comes into view.” The complex hive is larger than anything they have every encountered. They watch in awe as they approach and see hundreds of Invid fighter scouts pour from the hive. It is in this moment that they realize that they may never make it to Reflex Point.

“Here they come!” Scott says over the com. “This is it” Lancer says. “Watch your backs and good luck up there guys” Annie says to her friends. The Invid waste little time in attacking the four fighters. To their surprise the team manages to dodge the intense volley. As the first few minutes of battle run on, the team manages to destroy dozens of Invid, who’s wreckage falls to the ground in smoke and flames. It does not take long, however before the team begins to feel the effects of combat. “I’m hit!” Rook calls out. “I’m on my way!” Rand replies as he speeds to her aid locking on and destroying three Invid scout fighters behind her. “Is it bad?” Rand asks as he flies alongside her. “I.. I think I’ll be ok” she tells him out of breath. “Convert to Battloid mode” Scott calls out to his team. The four fighters convert and begin yet another stage of their assault. Below, Lunk and Annie can only watch as their friends fight valiantly against the overwhelming Invid forces. Scott locks onto several Invid and fires his weapon cutting them into pieces. The small victory is short lived as Scott’s Alpha is hit several times. Rook, Rand, and Lancer are fairing no better. “Scott, this doesn”t look good” Lancer calls out as his Beta is hit again and begins to fall from the sky. Rook and Rand both sustain crippling hits that too send their battloids falling to the forest below. Scott, in a last ditch effort to inflict as much damage as possible, converts his battloid back to fighter mode and flies at top speed toward the hive. He locks his weapons system at the Hive and fires all of his remaining missiles and ammunition. The missile attack is a success and manages to rip a gaping hole in the large pulsing dome of the hive. With no ammunition left and his friends having crashed below Scott takes a deep breath. “This is it” he says to himself as he banks and sees the swarms of Invid beginning to surround him. He is about to ram his Alpha into an Invid Shock trooper when it explodes in a flash of light in front of him. “Perhaps you could use some assistance” A familiar voices tells him over the radio.

“Xedra?” “We couldn’t let you micronians have all the fun.” He says from the cockpit of his aged officer’s battlepod. Five standard battlepods, three light artillery battlepods, and two heavy artillery battlepods hop their way into the battle and begin clearing Invid Scout fighters and Shock troopers from the area. On the ground two all terrain trucks rumble through the trees each carrying a battle armor clad warrior in its cargo hold firing a mounted cannon. “I thought you couldn’t abandon your post?” Scott says as he flies his Alpha out of the line of fire. “We have a duty to the town” Xedra tells Scott as he fires his arm cannons at several Shock troopers destroying them. “They are as much family to us as we are to each other” he adds. “Commander Xedra, the Invid forces are beginning to weaken in the southern most quadrant” A Zentraedi warrior tells his commander over their communications. “Commander Bernard if any of your team has anything left now is the time to get into the hive and destroy the core” Xedra says as his Pod flies into the air destroying Invid fighter scouts with his arm cannons. “We will provide cover for you.” “I’ve got a few missiles left Scott” Lancer yells out. “Can you still fly?” Scott asks him as he flies over Lancer’s position. “I think so” Lancer says as his battloid converts back to fighter mode and rises from the trees. “Good luck Lancer” Rooks says as she watches from her battered battloid. The battlepods form a wedge shaped formation with Lancer in the middle protecting him for his role in the attack. Below the two Zentraedi warriors lay suppressive fire on the Shock troopers but one of the trucks sustains a direct hit killing both the warrior and his micronized driver.

As the formation makes its way to the hive one of the battlepods receives a devastating hit though it’s “eye” and explodes. “Commander we are taking casualties!” Xedra’s second in command tells him. “We knew this would happen stand your ground and continue the assault” Xedra orders as his own battlepod his hit destroying his left arm cannon. “Arrr..” he growls in anger. They fight their way to the hive where Lancer is able to fly his Beta into the hole created by Scott. The Zentraedi continue their attack and defend Lancer’s escape route but sustain more casualties as he flies deep into the hive. Lancer encounters little resistance as his Beta flies through the hive’s many corridors. He fires two quick bursts of pulse beam cannon destroying two Invid soldiers guarding the central core chamber. Lancer converts the Beta to battloid mode and quickly tears into the chamber. He quickly moves inside and targets the bright pulsing hive core. The Beta’s missile doors swing open and in a flash of light and smoke all of his remaining missiles take flight. Not wanting to be part of the spectacular explosion, Lancer quickly turns and leaves the room. He converts back to fighter mode and flies full throttle through the maze of tunnels. The missiles find their mark and begin a chain reaction throughout the hive. Outside Xedra is forced to abandon his crippled pod and continues to fight using a Zentraedi heavy rifle. The remaining three battlepods circle him and continue destroying the advancing Invid. “We have to help them!” Annie yells as Scott, Rook, and Rand stand helpless to assist. “We can’t let them die” Annie says as she pushes her face into Rand’s chest. Lancer’s Beta emerges from the hive and converts back to battloid mode as the hive begins to swell and explode. “Get down!” Xedra yells as he rushes Lancer and tackles his beta to the ground. The explosion of the hive radiates out and destroys indiscriminately as both Invid and Zentraedi are caught in the blast and destroyed.

As the dust and debris settles the Robotech freedom fighters pile into Lunk’s truck and make their way through the devastation looking to find Lancer and any survivors. They soon find Lancerâ’s Beta lying beneath Xedra, who has taken the brunt of the explosion. “Lancer, are you alright?” Rook calls out over the radio. “I’m fine.” Lancer replies “but Xedra needs help” He slowly controls the Beta to a seated position and gently lays Xedra on his back. He carefully removes Xedra’s helmet and sets in on the ground nearby. Xedra slowly opens his eyes to the delight of Annie. “You’re still alive!” she says happily. Xedra slowly turns his head and looks at Annie. “Certainly.” he softly replies. “I am not built quite as fragilely as you” He adds with a halfhearted laugh wincing in pain. A trickle of blood begins to run from the corner of his mouth as he attempts to sit up, but falls back to the ground. “We… We are victorious?” he asks as he coughs and turns to look at Scott. “The hive has been destroyed along with all Invid.” Scott informs him. “And what of the town?” Xedra asks gasping for breath and looking at Rook. “They’re all ok Xedra” She tells him reassuringly. “Yeah, none of the Invid made it there” Annie adds. “Then we have not failed” Xedra says with relief as he looks back at Scott. Xedra’s breathing becomes more labored and shallow. “I regret that I will not have the pleasure of fighting the Invid with you at Reflex Point” He says as Scott steps closer to him. “I take back everything I said to you before” Scott says sincerely. “You and your men are the bravest I have ever had the pleasure of fighting along side” he adds. “You were right my micronian friend” Xedra coughs out. “We had almost forgotten who and what we were until you came” Xedra turned his stare to Annie. “Remember the things I told you little one” He tells her as his breathing becomes even more labored. “I will” Annie says as tears begin to fall from her eyes. Xedra turns his gaze to the sky. “It was good to feel like a Zentraedi again” he whispers as his eyes close for the last time. His labored breathing slowed and then stopped. The team could just hear the faint beating of Xedra’s heart and then it was silent.

Annie fell into Rook’s arms and the two began sobbing together. Scott, Lancer, Rand, and Lunk stood silent with no words to describe what they felt. The vicious battle had taken its toll on the group both mentally and physically. As the sun begins to fade in the distance Scott, Rand, and Lancer complete the burial of their fallen friends. Scott stabs the Earth with a Zentraedi rifle and places Xedra’s helmet upon it. “Your mission is complete my friend” he whispers to himself as he looks off into the distance. The Robotech freedom fighters reflect on their bittersweet victory and hope that in the coming days their battle at Reflex Point will end the Invid occupation once and for all.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
15 years 8 months ago #1121

• Swampy19
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Hey wasup my fellow micronians

Replied by Swampy19 on topic Re:Robotech: The New Generation

Great Story man it could almost fit into contunuity .
Robotech Academy hopefull
VF-200 DEMON SHADOW Squadron
1st Liutenant
Call Sign:
Devil
Weapons:
VF-1S
Hanzo Sword
15 years 8 months ago #1122

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Robotech: The New Generation

Kudos Mark,very a well written and catch me of the begining until the end your story is an amazing good read

Saludos Lobi ;)

Ps: Thanks for your overactive imagination as you say :lol:
15 years 8 months ago #1123

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:Robotech: The New Generation

Swampy19

Actually I did go back and made sure to check the RT time line to see if it could fit in. I figured the only really way it could fit in without disturbing continuity was to put it a week or so before the battle at reflex point. I hope I did not disappoint.

Lobizon

Wow... I am truly humbled by your kind words. It is nice to know that something I have written is enjoyed by others.

Thank you both again for the kind words.

Mark

15 years 8 months ago #1144

Replied by Slice151 on topic Re:Robotech: The New Generation

I think it fits fine in my book. Man I wish I wish I could write like that. I've read some fan stories before but this one is the best so far.
15 years 8 months ago #1145

• Swampy19
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Hey wasup my fellow micronians

Replied by Swampy19 on topic Re:Robotech: The New Generation

Nothing dissapointing about it man ide love to see more work from you
Robotech Academy hopefull
VF-200 DEMON SHADOW Squadron
1st Liutenant
Call Sign:
Devil
Weapons:
VF-1S
Hanzo Sword
15 years 8 months ago #1148

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Robotech: The New Generation

Great Story! I'm sorry i hadn't read it sooner :D helps with that wave of nostalgia i get when i think of the Zentradi. :lol:

Hey alittle off topic did you ever get to that VF-1 Development story? :( i lost track and didn't know if you did or not.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Last_Valk_Standing.
15 years 2 months ago #2299

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech: The New Generation

TO ADD, GREAT STORY AS WELL.

WHAT ELSE COULD I SAY THAT HAS NOT BEEN SAID.

WISH YOU WOULD WRITE SOME MORE.

HEHEHE
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 2 months ago #2325

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:Robotech: The New Generation

LVS

Thank you For your comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. As for the VF-1 Development story... Well it is Still on the drawing board and things are slowly... and I do mean slowly coming together for that.. It is a far bigger project then I ever thought possible.

MEMO

Thank you as well. As a matter of fact I do have a couple of shorter stories that I have near completion and I will be posting them here.

To all of you who have sent emails on this and my other stories I say Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It gives me great joy to know that others enjoy what I write.

Sincerely,
Mark

14 years 11 months ago #3860

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds