My Custom BREETAI figure

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:My Custom BREETAI figure

BIO IS RIGHT. YOU START DOING THE WHOLE COLLECTION, YOU WILL FILL UP A HOUSE.

ON A SIDE NOTE, MARK THE STATE FAIR SAID ITS COOL. JUST THAT NOW THAT IT WILL BE ON TOUR FOR 3 YEARS. HITTING STATES AND CANADA. SO UP TO YOU. YOU WILL NEED DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT. AND IF IT FITS INTO A BOX HOW BIG WOULD THE DIMENSIONS BE. WE WILL ALSO HAVE A PARTY AWAY FROM THE FAIR WHERE WE CAN DISPLAY IT IN A ROBOTECH TABLE. SO YOU HAVE A CHOICE JUST TO SHOW IT AT THE PARTY OR STATE FAIR BUT WILL TOUR FOR 3 YEARS AROUND THE COUNTRY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 10 months ago #12613

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• buffalostyle
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Addicted to Protoculture
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by buffalostyle on topic Re:My Custom BREETAI figure

Very nice!!! Can't wait to see Dolza!!!
-buffalostyle
www.flickr.com/groups/1739199@N25/ Robotech Appreciation Flickr group
Member of the A.k.L.(Anti-kyle League)
13 years 10 months ago #12617

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:My Custom BREETAI figure

Biollante wrote:

man matchbox could learn a thing or two from you when it comes to action figures. :P

WOW… Thank you very much. That is a major compliment and I sincerely appreciate it.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

BIO IS RIGHT. YOU START DOING THE WHOLE COLLECTION, YOU WILL FILL UP A HOUSE.

You know… I just might do that… lol.. Though that could take a life time.

ON A SIDE NOTE, MARK THE STATE FAIR SAID ITS COOL. JUST THAT NOW THAT IT WILL BE ON TOUR FOR 3 YEARS. HITTING STATES AND CANADA. SO UP TO YOU. YOU WILL NEED DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT. AND IF IT FITS INTO A BOX HOW BIG WOULD THE DIMENSIONS BE. WE WILL ALSO HAVE A PARTY AWAY FROM THE FAIR WHERE WE CAN DISPLAY IT IN A ROBOTECH TABLE. SO YOU HAVE A CHOICE JUST TO SHOW IT AT THE PARTY OR STATE FAIR BUT WILL TOUR FOR 3 YEARS AROUND THE COUNTRY.

MEMO,

You know I sat here with Breetai and thought about this for a long time. I would love to have this guy tour around for everyone to be able to see and enjoy, but the thought of not having him here for 3 years is just a little much. I mean, I guess it’s kinda like a new born… He’s just been born and kinda like a parent… I’m not ready for him to go. I sincerely appreciate the offer and your work on that and I hope you understand.

Now as for the Party. I wouldn’t mind sending him on a trip for that.

buffalostyle wrote:

Very nice!!! Can't wait to see Dolza!!!

Thanks Buffalo, Dolza is in the preliminary stage right now. I’ve got the body parts and a few ideas that I am considering for the figure. I’m actually gonna use some different techniques for Dolza then I did on Breetai and that will take me into some new territory.

Now I do have a projected time frame of completion being somewhere around Christmas, Now that could change. It really depends on whether it will interfere with my Robotech Comic Project. I really don’t want to push that project back any so Dolza will be taking somewhat of a back seat. But rest assured that I will spend as much time on the quality and workmanship as I did on Breetai.

Thank you again everyone and I really appreciate all of your responses. They have added to the worth wild feeling of having him completed.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
13 years 10 months ago #12628

Replied by AVPIbattlelords on topic Re:My Custom BREETAI figure

Lord Dolza will be to scale against Breetai right?

lol!~ j/k

thats the largest figurine ive ever seen!
:)

great job
Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century®, Now Celebrating 20 years in print.
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by AVPIbattlelords.
13 years 10 months ago #12670

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

AVPIbattlelords wrote:

Lord Dolza will be to scale against Breetai right?

lol!~ j/k

thats the largest figurine ive ever seen!
:)

great job

LOL... Well to be quite honest I actually thought about that. Breetai is roughly 1:18 scale which puts him in line with the original Matchbox and G.I. Joe lines... Now based on the height of 1345 cm, listed over at RT.com, his action figures size should be a little over 29 inches in height... My Breetai is 31.

Now taking that into account and taking the same measurement of Dolza's height, again taken from RT.com, of 1750 this would put his figure at a little over 38 inches in height... now adding the 2 inches that Breetai has over his actual height... Dolza's figure would have to be 40 inches.

I might be able to add a few inches, but adding 8 inches to the figure would put him out of perportion in relation to his parts... and I really don't feel like having to cut all his limbs and his torso apart to scale him.

What I might end up doing is adding an inch or so just to make him a little taller. Besides in the show he doesn't really look that much taller then Breetai in many scenes.

Thanks for your checking him out and for leaving a comment.

Mark
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

13 years 10 months ago #12675

Replied by panzertank on topic Re:My Custom BREETAI figure

Damn me that is frakkin awesome.

I was NOT expecting something this sharp if I`m honest & you have truely nailed Breetai.
13 years 9 months ago #12931

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

panzertank wrote:

Damn me that is frakkin awesome.

I was NOT expecting something this sharp if I`m honest & you have truely nailed Breetai.

Thank you sir. I sincerely appreciate the compliment.

13 years 9 months ago #12946

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds