Robotech Skull / Knights

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:Robotech Skull / Knights

Lobizon wrote:

New mechanic design

Character gallery---> www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=25292&id=140382675999374

That looks very cool. I've seen something very similar in various Gundam shows, so you can tell where it came from, but good twists on it. A couple years ago, me and a couple buddies were drawing Macross/Gundam cross designs (actually Macross/Gundam, Macross/Patlabor, Macross/Votoms) and came up with some very interesting stuff. We kept the Macross stuff the same, but incorporated ideas and design aspects of the various series into mecha designs. We did design a Valkyrie weapons booster pack as well. Doesn't look too much like yours, but the designs are pretty cool. It's amazing what you can come up with in going that route. I do like your design. You should keep at that.

And, no offense here, but

Ever thing looks good. I hope their relationship stays good with hg. Maybe they can convince Hg to go with them for the animation work for shadow rising. i think ragexanimation do commissions.

I don't think they'd want homebrew cg artists working on a full blown production. It'd probably be a slap in the face to the Koreans if they got someone from the outside to work with them.
13 years 6 months ago #13750

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Robotech Skull / Knights

13 years 5 months ago #13842

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re:Robotech Skull / Knights

Is there a completion/release date for Robotech: Skull/Knights yet?

Lobizon wrote:

Rick Hunter :

Rick and Lisa :
Lynn Minmei ( Teaser ) :

I have a copyrights related question. Based on this series of preview images and the character profiles on the Skull Knights Facebook it appears that existing "Macross Saga" characters will be in the production. While they are very good, they appear quite similar to the designs used in SDF "Macross" and RT: "The Macross Saga". Those designs are copyrighted by Studio Nue and Big West. Won't using the "Macross" designs get Harmony Gold in legal trouble for 1) not C&D'ing the production and 2) endorsing the project, especially when they have shut down other fan projects in the recent past?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by rtsurfer.
13 years 1 week ago #15564

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech Skull / Knights

rtsurfer wrote:

Is there a completion/release date for Robotech: Skull/Knights yet?

I have a copyrights related question. Based on this series of preview images and the character profiles on the Skull Knights Facebook it appears that existing "Macross Saga" characters will be in the production. While they are very good, they appear quite similar to the designs used in SDF "Macross" and RT: "The Macross Saga". Those designs are copyrighted by Studio Nue and Big West. Won't using the "Macross" designs get Harmony Gold in legal trouble for 1) not C&D'ing the production and 2) endorsing the project, especially when they have shut down other fan projects in the recent past?

YOU HAVE TO START READING FROM THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD.

YOUR ASSUMPTION IN WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN THE 2 PARTY'S AND NOW THROW IN THE DIRECTOR FROM ARGENTINA WHO IS ALSO USING THE DESIGNS FOR THE MECHA (YES I HAVE SEEN THEM) IS FLAWED.

1. THE UEG GROUP WAS TRYING TO WORK A DEAL FOR THE USE OF IMAGE RIGHTS. WHICH NENEAD TRIED TO RETAIN AUTHOR RIGHTS TO HIS WORK AND DID NOT SUBMIT TO HG UNDER THEIR FANWORK RULES.

2.SKULL KNIGHTS ON THE OTHER HAND DID NOT MIND HG REQUEST AND ACCEPTED HG FANWORK RULES. SUBMITTING IT TO HG AS FAN ART. GOT HG BLESSING TO USE DESIGNS.

CURRENTLY PATRICIO IS BUSY WORKING ON A PROJECT THAT HAD TO TAKE HIM AWAY FROM SKULL KNIGHTS. HE GOTMARRIED AND NEEDED TO PAY BILLS AND STUFF. ON THE SIDE WHEN HE CAN HE PUTS UP IMAGES OF HIS WORK ONCE IN A WHILE. IMPROVING THE IMAGES AND WORKING ON THE STORY.

PROJECTED RELEASE DATE WAS MAY OF 2011 BUT SINCE DECEMBER 2010 PUSHED IT BACK TO FURTHER NOTICE.

3.CESAR TURTURRO
www.robotechx.com/forums/25-robotech-fan...ction-fan-short.html

www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Creavision/174199383207

ALSO GOT HG BLESSINGS TO USE THE IMAGES AND HIS TRAILER SHOULD BE DONE IN MAY. HE WILL ALSO BE SUBMITTING IT UNDER HG RULES OF FANDOM WORKS.

NOW IF YOU REALLY HAVE TO GO THERE WITH THE DEBATE OF LICENSING NEED TO POST IT IN CANON FODDER FORUM. I ALREADY PUT A REPLY THERE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 1 week ago #15567

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech Skull / Knights

FROM PATRICIO WHO ALREADY ANIMATED ONE OF THE IMAGES, RICK HUNTER, IS IN ONE OF HIS TRAILERS OF SKULL KNIGHTS ALREADY.

FROM CESAR IN THE FACEBOOK PAGE.

THIS IS A TEASER IMAGE THAT HE MADE FAST JUST FOR THE FANS

THE ONE I HAVE SEEN IS MORE CLOSER TO THE TV SERIES AND HAS THAT ANIME MAGIC FEEL TO IT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 1 week ago #15568

• christopher
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Lifes is what you make it
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by christopher on topic Re: Robotech Skull / Knights

i hope the movie will be as good as your guys
Dont let passion rule your life but rule with a passion
13 years 1 week ago #15620