ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

Let me see if I understand this correctly... you're hosting a discussion of a SDCC panel with someone who isn't participating in the panel, attending the panel or even at SDCC, using questions ask in advance of said panel which most of your potential audience will not have attended or listened to before your show airs anyway? :huh:
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 9 months ago #17227

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

SORRY THERE GUYS. WILL BE GIVING MAV TEXT UPDATES THROUGH THE PANEL.

ONLY UPDATE AS OF NOW IS MEET GEORGE AND DAISUKE FROM TOYNAMI AND WAS TOLD THAT THE PODS ARE ON THE SHIP'S FOR THOSE THAT ARE PLANNING ON BUYING THEM.

NO EXCLUSIVES AS OF NOW FOR ROBOTECH TOYS OTHER THAN PROMOTING WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW FROM THE TOYFAIR
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 9 months ago #17228

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

Memo will be providing some text updates(after the panel), but I will also be picking up on some updates through the monitoring I'll find here on the forums, facebook, chats and twitter. (Social media outlets)

Kevin McKeever being an employee of Harmony Gold will continue the discussion post panel to provide an opprotunity to answer questions for those to whom are unable to attend.

It'll be an interesting experiment for everyone involved as this may be the first time a studio will provide a broader experience that goes beyond the confines of what a typical convention can provide, by continuing fan participation though social media outlets.

As SDCC is an event that could expand beyond the typical convention stigma of localization of information, but his being the internet, the experience of an event as large as SDCC could continue for those through social media outlets such as podcasting.

If successful, this could lead into something potentially rewarding to all fans who seek more participation with those involved with the franchise.

I hope this answers your question rtsurfer, and be free to drop by and have your say!!! :)

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by MaverickLSC.
12 years 9 months ago #17235

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

Not MEMO, I am putting up the notes. Right now screening a portion of Carl's documentary.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
12 years 9 months ago #17237

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

Definitely gonna need a transcript of the podcast as I can't make out much from what McKeevie says.
12 years 9 months ago #17238

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

Actually, don't worry about the transcript since there wasn't anything really new announced other than the new re-re-re-re-re-release of the entire series
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by ps99041.
12 years 9 months ago #17239

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

I'm going to update the podcast with edits to the feed and some post work, I'm seriously considering finding another option besides Talkshoe. That was the worst I've heard quality wise and I do know it's not from my end.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
12 years 9 months ago #17240

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ONLY UPDATE AS OF NOW IS MEET GEORGE AND DAISUKE FROM TOYNAMI AND WAS TOLD THAT THE PODS ARE ON THE SHIP'S FOR THOSE THAT ARE PLANNING ON BUYING THEM.

NO EXCLUSIVES AS OF NOW FOR ROBOTECH TOYS OTHER THAN PROMOTING WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW FROM THE TOYFAIR

Memo, thanks for checking. I guess Toynami wasn't even aware of their own pods' status when he contradicted the cargo container story at AX. Communication from HG and Toynami must be poor as sites selling the pods still list a June ship and July availability, Steve hasn't even changed it on rt.com lol. Did they give you any idea how long before the ship will be ready to set sail?

SIGHUP, thanks for the timely panel report.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 9 months ago #17246

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

MaverickLSC wrote:

I'm going to update the podcast with edits to the feed and some post work, I'm seriously considering finding another option besides Talkshoe. That was the worst I've heard quality wise and I do know it's not from my end.

Mav...

Consider using a Skype + Ustream combination. Works a bit better and its free.

rtsurfer wrote:

SIGHUP, thanks for the timely panel report.

You're welcome, tried to do the best I could "live blogging" the panel discussion.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
12 years 9 months ago #17250

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH WORLD PODCAST

rtsurfer wrote:

Memo, thanks for checking. I guess Toynami wasn't even aware of their own pods' status when he contradicted the cargo container story at AX.

WHAT YOU MEAN NOT AWARE? I THINK TOYNAMI STORY CONFIRMS WITH WHAT WAS SAID AT AX. TO ADD, DAISUKE, AKA MADEN JAPAN FROM TWITTER, ADDED THAT "IF THE SHIP SINKS.. DON'T BLAME ME"
:P

Communication from HG and Toynami must be poor as sites selling the pods still list a June ship and July availability, Steve hasn't even changed it on rt.com

SMALL DETAILS. THEY WILL GET STATESIDE WHEN THEY GET STATESIDE

Did they give you any idea how long before the ship will be ready to set sail?

DON'T KNOW. THEY NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SETTING SALE. YOU WOULD JUST HAVE TO WAIT IF YOU EAGER TO BUY.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 9 months ago #17251

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds