Matchbox hovertank with third mode...

• rtsurfer
  • rtsurfer's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: Matchbox hovertank with third mode...

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

IF IT WAS MADE LIKE WHAT I SEE IN THE PICTURE..

I THINK IT WOULD COST AS MUCH AS A BETA. :ohmy:

Depends on who made it, Toynami would probably charge as much as a Beta. Someone like Hasbro would sell it for a lot less, Transformer Toys generally don't go over $50 and even the most expensive ones are about $100. If it was a downsized toy using a new sculpt I wouldn't be surprised to see it for around $15 to $20, unless Toynami was doing it then we're probably talking about the cost of a Beta again.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16205

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Matchbox hovertank with third mode...

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

Maybe the reason they assume Hovertanks don't sell is because Hovertanks couldn't save the Exo-Squad line as well as the fact that it was part of the least popular Robotech line. I wonder if this reasoning would still be around if Sentinels had been released as the Hovertank would have played a large role in that series also.

Years ago, McKeever told me it was because the Southern Cross toys didn't do well in the 80s. I'm not exactly sure how one could objectively measure such a statement since there were only 2 mecha: Hovertank, misnamed Bioroid Invid Fighter (its the Stage III Warrior Bioroid that only appears in the Southern Cross/Sentinels opening footage), 2 vehicles: Biover and Flashclapper and some figures.

Just another comment from McKeever that makes no sense...
12 years 11 months ago #16206

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: Matchbox hovertank with third mode...

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

Years ago, McKeever told me it was because the Southern Cross toys didn't do well in the 80s. I'm not exactly sure how one could objectively measure such a statement since there were only 2 mecha: Hovertank, misnamed Bioroid Invid Fighter (its the Stage III Warrior Bioroid that only appears in the Southern Cross/Sentinels opening footage), 2 vehicles: Biover and Flashclapper and some figures.

Shouldn't be too hard to understand What Mckeever said. Regardless of how many different types Southern Cross toys were made the toys that were made of the Southern Cross in the 80's didn't sell well. Hell, the original series didn't even do well on its own, that's common knowledge. I recall as a kid seeing the hover tanks and figures clearanced while other Robotech items were selling at full price. Southern Cross just didn't sell well. The only reason why we had so many more Macross series and New Generation were beacause Matchbox was using the original molds from Japan. All the Southern Cross Toys we had back in the 80's were made through matchbox, Hell even Japan didn't make Southern Cross toys. They barely even made model kits.

I would like to see some actual Bioroids, Hovertanks, and new figure sculpts.. but until there is just such an outcry for it... most likely won't happen. Sure a few fans here and there have talked about it... but there just aren't enough numbers for it.

Start a petition... get signatures... if they see 10,000 signatures for Southern Cross toys... maybe that will wake them up.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
12 years 11 months ago #16213

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Matchbox hovertank with third mode...

I actually have pics from my LCS, it's a big store here in Florida. one of the "big dogs" in Central Florida and they carry a good amount of Master Saga stuff. Namely bioroids and hovercraft. I wonder if they are worth buying though.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Richardmvela.
12 years 11 months ago #16214

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

I almost bought a matchbox bioroid and hovercraft, probably would have if they were to scale with the hovertank but they're like half its size. Also, I'm not crazy about the model they used and the way its colored, IMO the Exosquad version looks better, would rather have Zor's or the real Invid Fighter.

Does your LCS carry a lot of matchbox toys? If they carry Macross imports don't mention the store's name, HG might C&D them.

What I can't believe sold was the matchbox VF-1. Didn't look like a VF-1 and didn't transform at all, and to make matters worse looked like it could or should. The GI Joe jets in the same scale blew it away as did the VF-1 jetfire toy.
I bought a Revell triple changer and build my own VF-1S, it finally finished falling apart a couple of years ago :laugh:

I'd like to see someone put together a petition of 10,000 signatures for something New Gen or even Macross, outside of Japan, I doubt they could find that many people who would take the time and make the effort to sign one. So what chance does Robotech Masters/Southern Cross have?

I do think its funny though that USED hovertanks without the box and missing stickers regularly sell for over $50 USD plus shipping on ebay, you can find one almost every week sometimes a couple listed. From time to time they sell for more than a Alpha Masterpiece, like the one selling tonight, and a few months ago I saw one go for 90-something USD plus shipping.

12 years 11 months ago #16223

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Matchbox hovertank with third mode...

rtsurfer wrote:

I do think its funny though that USED hovertanks without the box and missing stickers regularly sell for over $50 USD plus shipping on ebay, you can find one almost every week sometimes a couple listed. From time to time they sell for more than a Alpha Masterpiece, like the one selling tonight, and a few months ago I saw one go for 90-something USD plus shipping.

EASY. SUPPLY AND DEMAND. BIG DEMAND, SMALL SUPPLY. THERE IS NOT MUCH MASTERS OUT THERE TO COMPETE FOR.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #16233

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: Matchbox hovertank with third mode...

RTSURFER...

Your Hovertank looks great. I have been meaning to ask you something...

Where in the world did you get the gun for it? It didn't come with it originally.. So did you make it or did you purchase it from a customizer?
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
12 years 11 months ago #16332
Attachments:

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

Thanks.
I made it and my wife painted it.

Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 11 months ago #16334

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Matchbox hovertank with third mode...

NICE. REALLY NICE.

WELL DONE TO THE BOTH OF YOU.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #16337

• rtsurfer
  • REF Member
  • REF Member

No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationWe're selling the modified hovertank on ebay. It doesn't include the custom firearm.
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&i...eName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Lobizon. Reason: ebay thingy
12 years 9 months ago #16936

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds