muh robotech fanarts

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:muh robotech fanarts

HappyPenguins wrote:

I will also add that I'm not big on fanart, but I do get a kind of enjoyment out of it. It helps with trying new techniques that I've observed from others and so on. Also if you're ever serious about becoming a professional artist, the last thing you want to have in your portfolio is a ton of fanart. Sure its pretty to look at and fun to do, but no one will take you serious unless you've got original work and concepts you've come up with yourself.

That's very true. I only like fanart from series that don't get a lot of fanart or characters that people don't draw in fanart. It's also great when people draw characters in different styles or in scenes that aren't depicted in a series. It's good to do fanart to show that you can imitate work, but it's more important to have originals.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 5 months ago #7170

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:muh robotech fanarts

ONE OF THE GOOD WAYS IS GOING TO CONS AND JOIN THE ARTIST ALLEY. LOT OF ARTIST ALSO GET PICKED UP THAT WAY FOR PROJECTS. CARTOON SERIES "LUCHA LIBRE" ARTIS WERE SHOWCASING AT COMIC CON ARTIS ALLEY. AS WELL AS HAPPY TREE FRIENDS. LONG VO (ROBOTECH COMICS) ANIME EXPO ARTIST ALLEY AND COMIC CON WHEN PICKED UP. MIKE HAWK OF CHILE FOR COMICS AS WELL. CHILE FANEXPO CON.

CHECK OUT ONE IN YOUR LOCAL AREA (CON) AND SEE HOW THE ARTIST SHOW THEIR STUFF. THEN JUMP RIGHT IN.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 5 months ago #7186

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:muh robotech fanarts

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ONE OF THE GOOD WAYS IS GOING TO CONS AND JOIN THE ARTIST ALLEY. LOT OF ARTIST ALSO GET PICKED UP THAT WAY FOR PROJECTS. CARTOON SERIES "LUCHA LIBRE" ARTIS WERE SHOWCASING AT COMIC CON ARTIS ALLEY. AS WELL AS HAPPY TREE FRIENDS. LONG VO (ROBOTECH COMICS) ANIME EXPO ARTIST ALLEY AND COMIC CON WHEN PICKED UP. MIKE HAWK OF CHILE FOR COMICS AS WELL. CHILE FANEXPO CON.

CHECK OUT ONE IN YOUR LOCAL AREA (CON) AND SEE HOW THE ARTIST SHOW THEIR STUFF. THEN JUMP RIGHT IN.

Perhaps I may look into that later in the future, but for now just doing the independent thing.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 5 months ago #7225

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds