Fanart sketch

• LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Fanart sketch was created by LadyGrimes

Nothing special or amazing, but here's a sketch I did of Bron, Rico & Konda, the zentraedi spies for a good friend of mine ;]

the size is a lot larger but my cintiq tends to make everything look smaller than it really is. (so I had to shrink it before I uploaded it)

I'm also painting this for my friend's Birthday
not sure how long it will take but I hope she loves it :P

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by LadyGrimes.
14 years 2 months ago #9444

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Fanart sketch

Awesome! Love it :D
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 2 months ago #9449

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Thoth-Amon on topic Re:Fanart sketch

Looks good. HappyPenguins do you ever draw any Mecha? I was wondering because It seems your work is mostly characters. Not that this is a "bad" thing I was just wondering :kiss:
14 years 2 months ago #9456

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Fanart sketch

Thoth Amon wrote:

Looks good. HappyPenguins do you ever draw any Mecha? I was wondering because It seems your work is mostly characters. Not that this is a "bad" thing I was just wondering :kiss:

I have done some before, old stuff really but I just prefer characters to mecha.. must be a female thing heh

14 years 2 months ago #9466

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Fanart sketch

VERY NICE PENGUINS. VERY NICE. YOU COLORING IT?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9470

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Fanart sketch

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

VERY NICE PENGUINS. VERY NICE. YOU COLORING IT?

of course I am

14 years 2 months ago #9474

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Fanart sketch

You and my younger sister would get along great in the art areas.She loves to draw (when she is not chasing her baby or jabbing and txting on a cellphone) and when she done she sometimes colors them in with map coloring.She drew me a awesome Boba Fett for my 33rd birthday and some Final Fantasy charecters.Since I got her hooked on Robotech back in 2006 she been doing a drawing every now and then too.She insists that she draws me a new Lunk for my bookend Masterpiece Beta,LoL if you seen it you could not blame her because it is staring at us in the living room :)
14 years 2 months ago #9483

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Fanart sketch now with added color!

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

You and my younger sister would get along great in the art areas.She loves to draw (when she is not chasing her baby or jabbing and txting on a cellphone) and when she done she sometimes colors them in with map coloring.She drew me a awesome Boba Fett for my 33rd birthday and some Final Fantasy charecters.Since I got her hooked on Robotech back in 2006 she been doing a drawing every now and then too.She insists that she draws me a new Lunk for my bookend Masterpiece Beta,LoL if you seen it you could not blame her because it is staring at us in the living room :)

She should join this site and post her art, I'd like to see it some time ;)

Anyways I started adding color to this last night

Still a lot more painting to do till I can call it complete, but what I've done is added the colors I'm going to use and started mapping out the light source and where the shading goes of course. I have started doing some of the painting over the lineart, but most of it is underpainting work. "Guidelines" to be more specific. Rico's skin tone was the most difficult because it's gray so I had to mess around with my palettes before finding the colors that worked. But this is just what I've started doing so far.

Also the shitty text that says "color test" is actually my handwriting... well I made a font out of my handwriting titled "Shitty handwritting" of course!
can't wait till I make a font out of my cursive, titled "shitty cursive" :silly:

14 years 2 months ago #9489

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Fanart sketch now with added color!

Forgot this one,
Just wanted to ask,are you coloring and drawing aside and then scanning or all on your computer? because you actually made them look close to real while keeping a shade of "anime" to them and that is neat.My sis has a hard time keeping the 2 in the same at times.

Speaking of submitting artwork,well I aint got a home comp yet because I still have a addiction to PS3 games and I would be mad if she surfed why I play,causes alot of lag.But sooner or later I tell her to join here and see how and where she can scan and show.

I know you don't draw much mechas but have you ever made a nice scene like when Rick saves Lisa from Alaska "grand cannon" scene?

Laters
14 years 2 months ago #9569

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:Fanart sketch

Wow, that looks awesome HappyPenguins... :)

You should really get into making independent comic books and put out some of your original stuff.

Wow, im impressed!

:cheer:
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
14 years 2 months ago #9576

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds