ROBOTECH LAM PICKS UP SCREEN WRITER, (TERRA NOVA) CRAIG SILVERSTEIN

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

ROBOTECH LAM PICKS UP SCREEN WRITER, (TERRA NOVA) CRAIG SILVERSTEIN was created by MEMO1DOMINION

ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION MOVIE PICK UP SCREEN WRITER, (TERRA NOVA) CRAIG SILVERSTEIN AND ALSO CONFIRMS THAT TOBEY MAGUIRE WILL ALSO STAR IN THE FILM.

FROM KICKSTART DEVELOPMENT PAGE.
www.kickstartent.com/developement/development-live-action-film/

Robotech has been set up at Warner Brothers. Akiva Goldsman is producing with Tobey Maguire who will also star in the film. Craig Silverstein (TERRA NOVA) is currently writing the feature screenplay. Jason Netter is attached as Producer.

IMDB Craig Silverstein
www.imdb.com/name/nm0799026/
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 17 hours ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 17 hours ago #18535

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH LAM PICKS UP SCREEN WRITER, (TERRA NOVA) CRAIG SILVERSTEIN

NEWS ON TERRA NOVA:

Fox Cancels 'Terra Nova'
www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/terr...fox-spielberg-258808

Though the network declines to move forward with a second season of its pricey time traveling series from Steven Spielberg, 20th TV will attempt to shop it to other networks.

Fox took a "big swing" and missed. The network has opted not to move forward with a second season of its Steven Spielberg time-travel drama Terra Nova.

The news comes as Fox has an increased roster of hour long dramas, including J.J. Abrams' Alcatraz and Kiefer Sutherland-Tim Kring's Touch, and heavy hype surrounding its drama development. Given Terra Nova's international appeal, however, its studio, 20th Century Fox TV, will attempt to shop the big-budget series to other networks.

While the pricey dinosaur series averaged 7.5 million total viewers and 2.6 million in the advertiser-coveted adults 18-49 demo in its 11-episode first season, it failed to catch on the way the network had hoped. Its two-hour finale matched a series low in the demo, drawing a 2.1 rating among adults 18-49 and an audience of 7.2 million.
12 years 17 hours ago #18536

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH LAM PICKS UP SCREEN WRITER, (TERRA NOVA) CRAIG SILVERSTEIN

AS SOON AS THIS POST WENT UP LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE PAYING ATTENTION TO THE NEWS WE BREAK.

SO, AS OF TODAY LOOKS LIKE KICKSTART HAS CHANGED THEIR INFORMATION

www.kickstartent.com/developement/development-live-action-film/

Robotech has been set up at Warner Brothers. Akiva Goldsman is producing with Tobey Maguire. Craig Silverstein (TERRA NOVA) is currently writing the feature screenplay. Jason Netter is attached as Producer.

SO WHAT CHANGED? TOBEY MAGUIRE IS NOT MENTIONED AS STAR IN THE FILM. INSTEAD AS ONLY TO PRODUCE.

LUCKILY FANS HAVE ALREADY GOT SCREEN CAPTURES KNOWING IT WOULD HAVE CHANGED. GOOD GOING GUYS.

NOW, DID SOMEONE JUMP THE GUN? OR TOBEY MAGUIRE NOT STARING IN HIS OWN FILM? WE WILL FIND OUT WHEN THIS THING GETS GREENLIT.
11 years 11 months ago #18545

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by aka_s2h on topic Re: ROBOTECH LAM PICKS UP SCREEN WRITER, (TERRA NOVA) CRAIG SILVERSTEIN

That is very interesting.
11 years 11 months ago #18549

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

HERE IS THE FIRST ARTICLE BEFORE IT WAS CHANGED.

11 years 11 months ago #18552

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

JUST A POSSIBILITY... WHAT "IF" Craig Silverstein

COULD BE THE DIRECTOR?

THE WAY I AM LOOKING AT THIS AND HOW ALL WRITERS ARE STILL AROUND PLUS HOW CRAIG IS ATTACHED TO SO MANY THINGS AND HOW WB IS LOOKING FOR A SMALL TIME DIRECTOR... I THINK CRAIG SILVERSTEIN COULD FILL THAT ROLE.
11 years 11 months ago #18557

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: ROBOTECH LAM PICKS UP SCREEN WRITER, (TERRA NOVA) CRAIG SILVERSTEIN

Good news, proves once again that the Robotech live action movie is still in active development.

Hmmm Memo, you have a point there regarding directorial candidates. Considering the studio system have transitioned JJ Abrams and Josh Whedon successfully from television into film.

Both JJ and Josh are also considered the jack of all trades when it comes to wearing the many hats of writer, producer and DOP.

With his track record, Craig Silverstein would be an excellent choice to be part of this exclusive club.

I think this summer is going to hold some surprises for the Robotech fans. ;)

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
11 years 11 months ago #18565

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ROBOTECH LAM PICKS UP SCREEN WRITER, (TERRA NOVA) CRAIG SILVERSTEIN

MaverickLSC wrote:

Mav...[/quote]

I've heard this line before...I'm sure there'll be something since they're supposed to be hard at work on LLA if nothing else.
11 years 11 months ago #18568

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by aka_s2h on topic Re: ROBOTECH LAM PICKS UP SCREEN WRITER, (TERRA NOVA) CRAIG SILVERSTEIN

The problem is what HG consider surprises the majority of us dont. LLA is old hat and telling us a release date will be no REAL surprise just not a let down. A REAL surprise would be announcing a confirmed date for Shadow Rising, or actual LAM news. Otherwise there is too long between announcements from HG about anything the create surprise, just relief that they actually followed through
11 years 11 months ago #18570

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

ps99041 wrote:

I've heard this line before...I'm sure there'll be something since they're supposed to be hard at work on LLA if nothing else.

aka_s2h wrote:

The problem is what HG consider surprises the majority of us dont. LLA is old hat and telling us a release date will be no REAL surprise just not a let down. A REAL surprise would be announcing a confirmed date for Shadow Rising, or actual LAM news. Otherwise there is too long between announcements from HG about anything the create surprise, just relief that they actually followed through

THIS IS TRUE.

AS FOR NEWS THIS SUMMER I EXPECT IT WILL BE A PUSH FOR RLLA. AND MAYBE A BLURP ON SHADOW RISING.

MaverickLSC wrote:

Good news, proves once again that the Robotech live action movie is still in active development.

Hmmm Memo, you have a point there regarding directorial candidates. Considering the studio system have transitioned JJ Abrams and Josh Whedon successfully from television into film.

Both JJ and Josh are also considered the jack of all trades when it comes to wearing the many hats of writer, producer and DOP.

With his track record, Craig Silverstein would be an excellent choice to be part of this exclusive club.

Mav...

I DO HOPE THE SCREENWRITER TURNS OUT TO BE MORE THAN WHAT I THINK THEY LET ON TO BE. BUT IN THE END THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT MY IDEA. RIGHT NOW HE JUST SOMEONE WHO IS POLISHING THE SCRIPT FOR NOW AND MAYBE NOT HEAR ANYTHING FOR ANOTHER YEAR.

IT'S GOOD TO HEAR IT'S STILL IN ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT.

HEHEHE, I WAS LOOKING UP ON THE "RED STAR" LAM. GREAT COMIC THAT I HAVE COLLECTED AND REMEMBER WHEN IT WAS BEING PUSHED AT COMIC CON IN EARLY 2000'S. WHAT LEAD ME TO KICKSTART AND SAW THEIR NOTE ON RLAM. MIGHT NEED TO BACKTRACK SOME OLD ARTICLES OR SITES TO SEE IF ANYTHING CHANGED.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 11 months ago #18572

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds