WANNA TASTE OF SOMETHING CLOSE TO RLAM VIDEO?

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:WANNA TASTE OF SOMETHING CLOSE TO RLAM VIDEO?

Funny you guys mention this and as I am browsing the BBC news pages I see this article:

BBC News:

A producer from Uruguay who uploaded a short film to YouTube in November 2009 has been offered a $30m (£18.6m) contract to make a Hollywood film.

The movie will be sponsored by director Sam Raimi, whose credits include the Spiderman and Evil Dead films.

Fede Alvarez's short film "Ataque de Panico!" (Panic Attack!) featured giant robots invading and destroying Montevideo, the capital of Uruguay.

It is 4 mins 48 seconds long and was made on a budget of $300 (£186).

So far it has had more than 1.5 million views on YouTube.

"I uploaded (Panic Attack!) on a Thursday and on Monday my inbox was totally full of e-mails from Hollywood studios," he told the BBC's Latin American service BBC Mundo.

"It was amazing, we were all shocked."

The movie Mr Alvarez has been asked to produce is a sci-fi film to be shot in Uruguay and Argentina. He says he intends to start from scratch and develop a new story for the project.

"If some director from some country can achieve this just uploading a video to YouTube, it obviously means that anyone could do it," he added.

YouTube recently revealed the most watched videos of 2009. Britain's Got Talent star Susan Boyle topped the chart with more than 120 million views worldwide of her debut on the show.

Reference: news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8417789.stm?ls

I thought the clip was fine, some people on here thought it was "a waste of 5 minutes of their time." Sure Hollywood has its share of crap coming out through the pipeline. But some people can't be pleased no matter what. I thought it was fine. Let's see what this guy can come up with using a larger budget than $300 dollars.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
Last edit: 14 years 4 months ago by SIGHUP.
14 years 4 months ago #8566

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WANNA TASTE OF SOMETHING CLOSE TO RLAM VIDEO?

YOU KNOW, THE TROOP GUYS WHO DID FAN FILMS FOR STAR WARS GOT TO HELP DIRECT THE PREQUEL STAR WARS MOVIES.

THESE GUYS

"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 4 months ago #8569

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:WANNA TASTE OF SOMETHING CLOSE TO RLAM VIDEO?

I still like that vid,how can that be "fan" made and then offered a good job?

By the way,if anyone wants to know how good WB will be for Robotech LAM,just watch Terminator Salvation because there was a giant screaming Terminator that was harvesting humans.Aside from the annoying screaming it did,it looked good and had nice fluid movements.heck it even ejected motorcycles from its legs.

And WB has proven it can make giant mecha before,Anyone remember the gun mechas from Matrix?
14 years 4 months ago #8608

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WANNA TASTE OF SOMETHING CLOSE TO RLAM VIDEO?

FAN FROM CHILE (I THINK) DID THIS AND PUT IT UP ON FACEBOOK.

"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #9739

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:WANNA TASTE OF SOMETHING CLOSE TO RLAM VIDEO?

If Anybody else out there wants to do a take on a Live Action RT fan film..... Give me a Call for the VFX.. Because it can loook Wayy much better :)
14 years 2 months ago #9742

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mobius-Archer on topic Re:WANNA TASTE OF SOMETHING CLOSE TO RLAM VIDEO?

I liked the video. I really liked how they managed to make the mechanical designs seem retro and modern at the same time.

As for the Masters movie poster, that Hover tank looks GOOD!
14 years 2 months ago #10255

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds