so quiet here you can here a pin drop.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic so quiet here you can here a pin drop.

Stressful week so far ugh. And now I have to deal with the Department of Human Shitheads aka DHS and their latest fuckery. :pinch:
so by end of day I'm either going to need a drink or a cigarette. I'm jittery and smoking is the last thing I want to go back to. I'll sit on my damn hands if need be.

*hugs* for the rest of you <3

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 3 months ago #24805

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 554

Replied by ds55 on topic so quiet here you can here a pin drop.

Didn't go to the interview,turns out that place is really bad. Employee reviews says it's bad. Employee reviews do a really good job. worst place to work for.
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by ds55.
7 years 3 months ago #24806

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic so quiet here you can here a pin drop.

Oh man, this one time I took a job in a factory, for one thing the place was filthy, you'd go home and blow black gunk out your nose every night. I can imagine people getting some serious lung disease there. For another you got one 5 minute lunchbreak, and that was that. For another half the machines were falling apart, one in particular literally collapsed in on itself every time it cycled, and it sprayed coolant all over the concrete floor, which made it extremely slippery, so not sure if all the cracks craters and rubble was a good thing or a bad thing because that actually gave you some traction and something to step on and filtered the coolant down into the cracks. All of their calipers were broken and gave you a different measurement of the same object every time you measured it, you could measure a piston ring 5 times and it would give you 5 different sizes, they expected me to buy one of my own and those were like $300. The chuck cutter or whatever I got assigned to was garbo, it takes a 10 foot pipe from across the street and cuts it into foot long segments, then attempts to cut those segments into 10 rings an inch wide each, well the segments would spin cockeyed so when you were trying to get a specific dimension of the inside of the ring, all the rings from one end would be too big and all the rings from the other end would be too small, sometimes if you were lucky you would get ONE ring in the middle that was passable. They had the best guy in the place spend an entire week fucking around with that machine and even he couldn't get it to work right so they ended up putting me on another job cutting gasket grooves in the piston rings, this was done by placing a ring by hand into a tabletop spinner which I think you operated with a foot pump, and then you turned a tire-iron handlebar to lower a cutting blade as the ring spun around, they wanted specific depths IN MILLIMETERS but there was no way to tell how deep you were actually cutting it, you just had to fucking GUESS each and every time, well there WAS some sort of tool or instrument of some sort which could tell you how deep the cut was (it really should have been built into the cutter but whatever) unfortunately this device was LOCKED AWAY in the office and once every 2 or 3 hours the foreman would walk by, grab one of the hundreds of rings you'd cut, take it into the office and measure it, then come back and tell you that you were cutting them all 1 millimeter too deep or whatever, then the very next night he started screaming at me as soon as I arrived, I quit and he got himself fired I really don't know what his problem was, then the manager himself got fed up with the place and opened a steakhouse out in the countryside.

I ate there once. It was too posh for my tastes.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Alpha Bravo.
7 years 3 months ago #24808

• Thank you received: 554

Replied by ds55 on topic so quiet here you can here a pin drop.

:laugh: this place is really bad according to the employee review on glassdoor.com.the pay and benefits are good. But that's it,shady people,security hands are tied.schedule changes all the time, no backing from hr. You can't speak up for yourself.
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
7 years 3 months ago #24809

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

ds55 wrote: Didn't go to the interview,turns out that place is really bad. Employee reviews says it's bad. Employee reviews do a really good job. worst place to work for.

Good thing you checked the reviews then. Sounds like you dodged a bullet. Oh well hon I'm sure there's something better, just gotta find it.

I had a fun morning waiting a whole hour just to talk to a real person instead of god damn automated menu. I got it done though. I don't like having to light fires under asses but it seems that's what you gotta do nowadays to get shit done. FML

7 years 3 months ago #24810

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote: Oh man, this one time I took a job in a factory, for one thing the place was filthy, you'd go home and blow black gunk out your nose every night. I can imagine people getting some serious lung disease there. For another you got one 5 minute lunchbreak, and that was that. For another half the machines were falling apart, one in particular literally collapsed in on itself every time it cycled, and it sprayed coolant all over the concrete floor, which made it extremely slippery, so not sure if all the cracks craters and rubble was a good thing or a bad thing because that actually gave you some traction and something to step on and filtered the coolant down into the cracks. All of their calipers were broken and gave you a different measurement of the same object every time you measured it, you could measure a piston ring 5 times and it would give you 5 different sizes, they expected me to buy one of my own and those were like $300. The chuck cutter or whatever I got assigned to was garbo, it takes a 10 foot pipe from across the street and cuts it into foot long segments, then attempts to cut those segments into 10 rings an inch wide each, well the segments would spin cockeyed so when you were trying to get a specific dimension of the inside of the ring, all the rings from one end would be too big and all the rings from the other end would be too small, sometimes if you were lucky you would get ONE ring in the middle that was passable. They had the best guy in the place spend an entire week fucking around with that machine and even he couldn't get it to work right so they ended up putting me on another job cutting gasket grooves in the piston rings, this was done by placing a ring by hand into a tabletop spinner which I think you operated with a foot pump, and then you turned a tire-iron handlebar to lower a cutting blade as the ring spun around, they wanted specific depths IN MILLIMETERS but there was no way to tell how deep you were actually cutting it, you just had to fucking GUESS each and every time, well there WAS some sort of tool or instrument of some sort which could tell you how deep the cut was (it really should have been built into the cutter but whatever) unfortunately this device was LOCKED AWAY in the office and once every 2 or 3 hours the foreman would walk by, grab one of the hundreds of rings you'd cut, take it into the office and measure it, then come back and tell you that you were cutting them all 1 millimeter too deep or whatever, then the very next night he started screaming at me as soon as I arrived, I quit and he got himself fired I really don't know what his problem was, then the manager himself got fed up with the place and opened a steakhouse out in the countryside.

I ate there once. It was too posh for my tastes.

tl;dr

just kidding <3

Sounds like a shit job. I remember when I used to work at Kroger as a bagger and I'd have to spend an hour on carts </3
Well one hour would sometimes turn into two hours because on of my co-workers had downsyndrome and used that as an excuse not to do his half and would spend whole hour on his phone playing games. And since I was the only one fast enough to get shit done well manager relied on me. I had complained about that kid many times and nothing was done until the night before thanksgiving we were fucking busy as shit and so the carts really piled up outside and that kid didn't do a damn thing so I stayed there until 1AM putting away carts. I could've strangled that kid I was so pissed.

I am sympathetic to those with disability as long as its not used as an excuse to get out of doing shit.

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by LadyGrimes.
7 years 3 months ago #24811

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic so quiet here you can here a pin drop.

Ok well the part about spinning the ring with a foot pedal I made up but that's how you tell a good story, the rest of it was all true.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
7 years 3 months ago #24813

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Alpha Bravo wrote: Ok well the part about spinning the ring with a foot pedal I made up but that's how you tell a good story, the rest of it was all true.

7 years 3 months ago #24814

• Thank you received: 65

Replied by focusfate on topic so quiet here you can here a pin drop.

LadyGrimes wrote: Stressful week so far ugh. And now I have to deal with the Department of Human Shitheads aka DHS and their latest fuckery. :pinch:
so by end of day I'm either going to need a drink or a cigarette. I'm jittery and smoking is the last thing I want to go back to. I'll sit on my damn hands if need be.

Seriously. F$&@ this week. Stopped to get gas on the way home and almost allllmost grabbed a pack.
---
"Listen, if you put Bossk on a Segway, you're gonna sell records!"
7 years 3 months ago #24815

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

focusfate wrote:

LadyGrimes wrote: Stressful week so far ugh. And now I have to deal with the Department of Human Shitheads aka DHS and their latest fuckery. :pinch:

Seriously. F$&@ this week. Stopped to get gas on the way home and almost allllmost grabbed a pack.

I thought I was going to cave too but I'm glad I didn't. I am having a few drinks tonight though <3 love my fruity beers.
Also drinking cause friend of mine needs a drinking buddy and I am it. On second bottle now lol

7 years 3 months ago #24817

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds